Chapter 2: What More Can I Ask For?

Love ft. Marriage and Divorce Season 4 (Fanfic)

 

What More Can I Ask For?

Lee Si-eun was a wife to a professor who cheated on her. She gave up on finding new love, but it came in the way she least expected. As a mother of two, Si-eun was ready to give her life to her children and live as a single mother, and then Seo Ban came. Who would have thought that the man she knew for years will be the husband she deserve all this time?

Despite her being a mother and wife before, Ban do caught Si-eun's attention at times. She was unguarded but she never live to it. Maybe for a second, but won't stay on her mind. She was never that kind of woman to fantasize other man. She might talk about him with her friends, but its mostly about intriguing way of Seo Ban's life. Now, thinking about it, Si-eun can only smile while putting their baby boy to sleep.

"Why are you smiling?" Ban asked as he entered the bedroom coming home from work. Quickly, his wife stood up to attend to him and take his jacket. "Are you happy?"

"Must you ask?" Si-eun smiled before putting its jacket to the closet. "He just closed his eyes after he cried so loud."

"Haneul was wailing today. Is there something wrong?"

"Ani, he was just being a baby."

"Should we buy some new stuffs for him? To make him comfortable, I mean."

"Anio. Everything is alright."

"By the way, U-ram and Ji-a will go on a school trip. Hyanggi asked for permission to go with her college friends for the weekend trip."

"She does?" Si-eun sat down beside Ban on the bed edge, "I didn't know. She didn't tell me earlier."

"She said she wanted to ask me first."

Si-eun chuckled.

"Waeyo?"

"Hyanggi was respecting you as the father of our family. I am just glad that she was opening up more to you and abbeoji."

"Well, I am just as glad for the kids are giving me the chance and treating me as their father."

"You deserve to be a father."

Ban slowly and gently kissed Si-eun in the forehead. He looked at his wife passionately.

"Wae? What are you thinking Seo Ban- nim?"

"Should we try to get Haneul a new sibling?" The couple laughed happily.

At the dining table, as the family was having their dinner, Ban talked about the kids trips so as the plans they have.

"U-ram, have you prepared your things for your school trip on Friday?" Seo Ban asked. "We can buy some of your needs tomorrow after your school."

"Are you going out early from work?" his wife asked.

"The kids take priorities." The chairman answered instead. "U-ram should be accomodated by his father. Right, U-ram?"

The boy smiled at his grandpa, "Ye, harabeoji." he then turned to his step-father and say, "I have checked my stuffs earlier while packing. I want to buy some new socks and underwears."

"You should have told me yesterday." His mother replied. "I went to buy some things for Haneul."

"I didn't know I will need it since I haven't check it yesterday."

"It's okay. It's men's stuff anyway." Seo Ban backed U-ram up as they smiled at each other.

"Hyanggi-a," the grandfather started.

"Ye, harabbeoji?" She replied.

"Are you doing something this weekend?"

The young lady looked at her mother and Ban before answering, "I made a commitment with my friends from the university. We will go camping. Abeonim allowed me to go."

"She seldom goes out with hed friends because of her studies and job. It's good to get refreshments once in a while." Ban irriterate.

"Hyanggi is in sensitive age. She is too diligent. Its good to see her having fun." Pi-young agreed.

"Wae? Do you have something to tell Hyanggi?" the oldest son of the chairman asked.

"Nothing serious. It can wait." The old man asnwered.

"If you don't mind, may I know what is it about, harabeoji?" Hyanggi asked politely.

"Its just about the business. I shouldn't burden you about it. I just want to ask questions since you are studying language."

"Ahh," Dong-ma joined the conversation, "Is it about the international investors coming next week?" The old man nodded, "Why are you asking Hyanggi about that?"

"My secretary said that the investors wanted something fresh and in the trend. I just want to hear some idea from generation like her age."

"I can ask my friends and classmate tomorrow and give you what they think about it. From there you can start preparing for your investors next week." Hyanggi confidently said with smile on her face. "I am sure they wi be willing to participate in my research."

"Is that so? Wouldn't if be a burden to you?"

"Ani. I only have 1 class tomorrow since 2 professors are going out for a seminar this weekend too. I have a lot of free time before my Part time job."

"Gumawo."

"Your welcome, halabeoji."

While watching and listening to her children interacting with the chairman, Si-eun can't help but to smile and feel so proud on how her children have grow up. Despite living with her and step family, she can see that they have adjusted well in the lifestyle. They were being drove to and from school everyday. Tho Hyanggi was allowed to have a part time job while being in a university, the family is making sure of that she won't be left out on anything. Lee Si-eun wishes that this is for lifetime.

In their bedroom, Ban can't help but notice how much his wife smiles, "I love it when you smile." He commented while they were lying in their bed.

"And its all because of you." She replied modestly as always. "It's been almost a year since we started this family, but it feels surreal."

"Everyday is a dream since the day I can hold your hand."

"You never change despite me being sensitive during my pregnancy. You always shower me with love amd never forget about the kids."

"They are mine too."

"Ban, I can never ask for more than this."

"You can always be demanding of me. I promised you a life that you deserve as a woman, a mother and a wife."

"What more can I ask of you? I think you have given me more than what the love I deserve. I am thankful everyday that I got to experience the love like yours."

"Because you have given me the chance to. I knew I shouldnt waste that one the moment you let me held your hand."

Si-eun flipped to her right side to hugged her husband showing the affection she was feeling for him, "I know I don't say these words often, but saranghae."

Ban holds his wife's hand in his chest after hes kissed it, "You are making me feel your love everyday and thats more valuable than ahat words can mean."

Lee Si-eun was always eloquent with words. She doesn't really say as much when it comes to what she was feeling. All she was doing was to act on it accordingly. Being timid, modest and simple, Si-eun doesn't show her emotions extravagantly for she was too shy. She was only comfortable talking to Pi-young and Hye-ryoung.

Thinking sbout it, her pregnancy with Haneul wasnt really easy. She was constantly being cautious for what she eats and do. She really can't move enough much more like she usually do. Her father-in-law doesn't like the idea of her working too much even in the kitchen. It was one reason why they hired more helpers when she and Pi-young announced their pregnancy. She still attended to her husband and children's need, but not much to worry about trivial things.

"You seemed tired." Hye-ryoung noticed Si-eun paleness one day when she visited Pi-young after she gave birth. "Are you alright, unni?"

"Ya, hyung-nim, don't you need to rest? You keep on walking around the house supervising the helpers when you really shouldn't." Sa Pi-young reminded.

"I'm fine." Si-eun replied with a faint smile. "I jjst can't sleep well last night. The baby keeps moving. It was restless last night."

"Omo, isn't that mean you are having a healthy baby?" Hye-ryoung commended.

"Yes. The doctor said everything is fine. Bong is growing well everyday. Its just that I can't keep up most of the time really well. Maybe its because of my age."

"Unni," Pi-young started, "You keep saying its because of your age. I also went into that during my pregnancy. Ji-woo kept on moving why I am lying down and trying to take a rest. Aist, this baby was so energetic and seems like having a blast inside my tummy. Even Dong-ma was playing with her whenever I tell him about her kicking."

"She is still thr same when she came out."

"Ahh, I'm envious." Hye-ryoung sighed with frustrations.

"Still no good news?" Si-eun asked.

"De. The doctor said I need to take a little rest and stay away from stress. I have unloaded my schedule, but it seems to be not working too."

"You should take a year off just like we did."

"I can't. I am afraid that people will forget about me."

"Your health and family comes first. I am sure that you have saved enough not worry about the next 5 years." The second dsughter-in-law punched in. "Jeong-bin is turning one in few months. He will need you more visibly during these times."

"I am also wavering becauss of him." the youngest of the trio sighed, "If I conceive another one, I won't be able to attend to his needs and won't be able to carry and follow him around too."

"Its quite wavering too. You put up your courage to marry Pan Sa-hyeon again because of him. Are you afraid that you won't be able to give him your whole heart?" Si-eun asked.

"I wonder about that too. Would I be able to be the mother that he needs?" Hye-ryoung sighed in worry. "By the way, your due is next month. Are you going to give birth naturally or you going thru Ceasarean?"

"Ban and abeoji wanted Ceasarean. The doctor had schedule me."

"It is safer to give birth thru that procedure."

"Right. The doctor suggested it too becauss of my age."

Days passed and the discomfort has started for Lee Si-eun. She was having hard time to walk around the house and somehow she was also getting tired easily.

"Unni," Pi-young called her sister-in-law in the bedroom where it was resting, "Are you awake?"

"Yes." Si-eun replied, "You can come in."

Sa Pi-young entered the bedroom with a tray of snacks and drinks, "I prepared some fruits and squeezed some orange."

"You didn't have too."

"Aist, its just fine. Its lonely to eat alone." She put it on the side table before sitting on the chair beside the bed. "Are you having cramps?"

"De. I think it was getting bored inside my tummy."

"Your scheduled operation is in 2 days. He couldn't wait." the sister-in-laws chuckled. "By the way, is the baby bag prepared? I can prepare is for you so you won't need to work around much."

"It's all prepared. Ban helped me packed the thungs that we will need."

"Hyeong-nim is really excited about the delivery date. He can't hide it whenever he was looking at you. Unni, you are so lucky to have him as a husband."

"Tell me about yours."

"Hm, Dong-ma is charming and dotting husband and father, but he is really different to hyung-nim. Hyung-nim's love runs deep for you and your children and now to his own child. He doesn't look at them differently. He only became more protective of them. He even brought the kids to shop for what they needed and wanted. He is an exceptional father for Hyanggi and U-ram."

"Honestly, when we got married I got worried that some things might change for the worst. I also wished to give him his own child if I can, but also got worried about my mine. What I have with my husband is something I have never felt before in my first marriage. It feels like I couldn't contain myself around him or when I am seeing him with my children. He is a dream that I never thought I wanted to have."

"I remember when we talked about the letter sent to our show. Didn't I said that he will choose you? Well, it was really unexpected of him to be so loyal all those years."

"I am ashamed about the fact that I didn't even have a single memory of those times he was telling me about. Despite that, I am happy that I grabbed the chance with him."

"Who would've known that the remarriage that the 3 of us was talking about will brought us in the same family?"

"Fate have its own course."

Si-eun couldn't bring herself down the dining for dinner. She was full, she said. Ban joined the family for dinner.

"Unni doesn't like to have dinner?" Pi-young asked.

"She said she's still full from the fruits you brought earlier." The husband answered.

"She said she is having a hard time now that her due is coming. But seriously, it is really hard when the last month comes."

"Is she alright?" The chairman asked his son.

"She is. She looked fine too and she did said she's doing okay."

"Lee Si-eun is so enduring and doesn't say what she really feels. You shouldn't left her alone in the bedroom during this times."

"I would have love to do that but she told me off about it. She said I should join you and the kids for dinner. I should obey." Dong-ma chuckled. "Wae? What are you laughing at?" Ban asked his brother.

"You really chose to be obedient with your wife." Dong-ma said.

"Its not something bad. As I always say, you two should always follow your wives lead. Si-eun is thoughtful and family focus, she is just a right match for your brother." Their father commented.

While the family was having dinner, Si-eun was trying to stand up to go to the bathroom. She was having cramps and she was thinking its just one of those days. The moment she got to stand up, water started to drip down her legs. The cramps started to escalate quickly into contractions. The pain had been getting unbearable and so Lee Si-eun reached out to her phone to call for her husband.

"De?" Ban answered quickly when he saw his wife's name.

"119. My water bag broke." very faint and exhausted call for help from Si-eun.

"De?! Don't move. I'm coming up." Ban quickly stood up.

"Wae? What's happening?" The old man asked.

"Si-eun waterbag broke. She is going into labor."

"De?!" A united replied from the family in the dining table.

"I will need to bring her myself to the hospital."

"I will drive." Dong-ma said and Ban agreed.

When Ban arrived at their bed room Si-eun was standing up grasping for support at their night table. She was breathing deeply trying to manage the unmanageable pain. Ban held her by the arms and waist, "Can you still walk?"

"I don't know. But I will."

"I will carry you." Ban quickly fetched his wife into his arms and get her out quickly off the room. Dong-ma took the bag that was in the couples closet.

After they left, the agony and worries sparked inside the house. The old man was sitting on the couch anxious about what might happened to his daughter-in-law and grandchild.

"She was scheduled for operation 2 days from now, but it seems their child can't wait to see the world."

"The baby is healthy when hyung-nim last visited the OB-Gyne." Sa Pi-young replied. "It also completed its term so we should hope everythings going to fine for both of them."

"I am thinking about Si-eun. We all know its not going to be easy giving birth at her age."

"Actually, giving birth at any age have its complications and worries sticked to it. They always says that when you are giving birth your feet are also in the grave. Unni is a strong woman. She strived and went thru a lot, but she has never defeated. Let's put our trust on her." Pi-young then turned to Hyanggi, "Hyanggi, you can go up and have a rest. Be with the kids for now. We will not left your mother's side."

"Can I go with you if you will if you're going to the hospital?" Hyanggie asked.

"Maybe when we had a news from your father and uncle." The Chairman replied, "For now you should take a rest. We know that you are tired from work and studies." Hyanggi nodded before going up. 

In the hospital, Si-eun was brought into the delivery immediately and attended by her doctor. Her cervix was fully dilated.

"Your cervix is open and you can give birth naturally." The attending doctor said, "Will you be able to handle it? The baby is coming out."

Heavy breathing and unexplanable pain, but Si-eun took a chance on it, "I can." she said.

As they started pushing for the baby, the brothers heard Lee Si-eun voice that concerned them both. She wasn't supposed to gave birth in that manner.

"Is she having a natural birth?" Dong-ma asked her bother as they were hearing her cry in pain and struggles.

Worries grow into Ban's face. Although its making him concerned, Ban and Dong-ma can't do anything but wait for the good news to arrive.

Patience is a virtue and so after an hour or so, they finally heard the baby's cry. The men stood up in front of the delivery room's door to meet the doctor.

"Congratulations. You had a baby boy." The doctor said with a smile. "Just wait for a while. We are just cleaning the baby and your wife before we transfer them.

"Gumawo. By the way, what happened? Why did she gave birth naturally?" Ban asked.

"It might be because its her third child or probably your son was just thoughtful of your wife that he decided to come out without puting her into so much hardship. She came in with dilated cervix which caused her to gave birth naturally."

Everything was fine. Lee Si-eun and their baby were transferred into a room safe and sound. The family has freely visited the mother and child the next day. The Chairman didn't want them to go out of the hospital without making sure they were both doing fine and no complications at all.

After all the ordeal in her pregnancy, Lee Si-eun and Seo Ban are now enjoying their sweet family of 5 like they always wish.

A/N: always used shift+enter if you are going to do or make a new paragraph... let the credits remain...just pm me for the code that is if you want to use this one...

layout by: mambokinoki