Chapter 6: Facing the Far Past 2

Love ft. Marriage and Divorce Season 4 (Fanfic)

 

FACING THE FAR PAST 2

Lee Si-eun woke up early to prepare some things for the family's breakfast. Seo Ban decided to take her to a hotel breakfast but she just cannot leave without preparing for the family.

"Eonni, you got up early." Sa Pi-young greeted as she puts on her apron to help Si-eun.

"De. My husband wanted to have breakfast at the hotel. I am just preparing the family's breakfast before we go."

"Shouldn't you be preparing to dress up and not preparing the kitchen?"

Si-eun chuckles, "Ani. I still have my resposibility to do my part. Ah, by the way, can you check up on Haneul when we leave? Hyanggi needs to go earlier. I even prepared her her breakfast."

"She has early classes?"

"Anio, she and her classmates have to finish their papers and some of their materials arrived late."

"Eomma," just right in time Hyanggi appeared in the kitchen to get her breakfast, "I need to go."

"I have told the driver to take you. It wi save you time. He'll use my car."

"De. Gumawo eomma. I got to go."

"Be safe and eat your breakfast."

"Ye, ye." Hyanggi quickly run out of the house.

"Eonni, you should prepare for your breakfast out too. I can handle it from here."

"Are you sure? The housekeeper won't be here today."

"You already prepared everything. There's not really much to do in here."

"Jinja?"

"Ayy, eonni."

Because Pi-young took over the kitchen, Lee Si-eun started to prepare for their plan. She prepared her husband's clothes to wear before she prepared hers.

"You woke up early? Did you have enough sleep?" Seo Ban asked as he arises from their bed while Si-eun was walking around the bedroom preparing things and checking Haneul.

"I did." she answered meeting his eyes, "Having you beside me only comforts me so I had a good rest." she then proceeded to cldan up Haneul. "I have to clean him up before we leave. I told Sa Pi-young to look after him while I am outside."

"Si-eun-a,"

"De?"

"Do you know how happy I am right now and afraid at the same time that this would be just a dream where I would need to wake up one day?"

His wife chuckles, "Do you think you are still asleep, Seo Ban-nim?" Si-eun walked to her husband to touch his face, "Will you wake up now and prepare for our breakfast date, my lovely husband?"

Seo Ban then pulled Si-eun to his arms and embraced her tightly. His wife embraced him just the same as she chuckled, "I won't get tired of having you like this, Lee Si-eun."

"De, de."

"You prepared all of this?" Dong-ma asked his wife as she sits beside him.

"Ani. Hyungnim did most of the preparation. She was up when I went down. Everything was in place. I just did the rest."

"They will have breakfast in the hotel. Why does she feel the need to prepare this for us?" The old man asked.

"Old habits die hard." Uram said with a smile. "Eomma always prepares breakfast no matter how hectic her schedule is."

"Are you happy, Uram-a?"

"De, halabeoji."

"Imo is so dependable in household ang many things. She knows what we need even if it hasn't happened yet." Jia said.

The elders of the house just chuckled before Dong-ma noticed that Hyanggi was not sitting with them, "Where's Hyanggi?"

"De. Now that you mention it." The grandpa replied.

"She got up early and left eadlier than her mother and father. Hyungnim said that she and her classmates need to finish their school paper but some materials didn't arrived in time so they have to do it early in the morning. She brought her breakfast with her."

"She should've ask for the ride. Its hard to get a cab in the morning."

"She does. Si-eun unni asked the driver to take her to the university with her car."

At the hotel, the couple choses to sat by the window. As usual, Seo Ban served his wife. Starting their breakfast the husband was always looking so deeply over his wife.

"Waeyo?" Si-eun asked

He shakes his head and smiled a little, "I judt missed your face all of a sudden."

"De? What do you mean? We always see each other everyday, even in our bedroom.Yet, you still miss me?"

"I couldn't see your face last night." Si-eun smiled timidly before looking straight to her husband, "Are you thinking about what my father will say about you and your family?"

"Ani. I am concerned about how you think about me. I didn't tell you about them. As you see There were few people on our wedding from mg side. They are the ones that i can only call since I left our household."

"You need not to explain. I don't need it. What matters is how you feel. I am guessing that you haven't seen each other for years."

"For decades." she sighed, "My brother just like my father cut ties with me when I chose to got married to my ex-husband."

"How about your mother?"

"Eomma just like any mother couldn't simply turn a blind eye to her children. Tho it took her years to come and see me, she still did beyond my father's eyes."

"Did the kids meet her?"

"Only Hyanggi. They met few times, but she stopped coming. Probably my father learned about it."

"Your brother?"

Si-eun shakes her head, "Just like my father, he couldn't be moved. He has the same resolve as my father."

"Or maybe he just cannot disobey your father's wishes."

"For sure. He was raised and taught to be the chairman after all. My father's words are too hard to bend. Once he set his resolve into something, he couldn't be contested. Everyone in our family is afraid of him."

"Yet he couldn't make Lee Si-eun to obey him."

"Its not something I can be proud of. It only proves that he was just protecting me about what might happened."

"Do you think he will approved  of me if he was able to meet me?"

Si-eun smiles brightly, "Don't you know? You are more than qualified for him to even his own standard."

"I wish I could've met him."

"Andwe."

"Wae?"

"I still need you here with me. So you are still not allowed to meet my parents."

While the couple was having peaceful breakfast, Pan Sa-hyeon and Boo Hye-ryoung was getting ready for their trip.

"Did you have everything you need?" the mother-in-law asked. "How about Jeong-bin's stuffs?"

Hye-ryoung chuckles, "Ye, eomonim. Everything is ready for our trip."

"Are you sure you guys will be alright with Jeong-bin?"

"Eomma," Sa-hyeon started, "We will be fine. Besides, this is like our honeymoon. We just took a year to plan it."

"Eomonim, don't worry too much. I have been taking care of Jeong-bin for a year now. I know that I am not perfect enough to be a mother, but I will do my best to take care of him and his father while we are on vacation. Also, its a quick trip of 3 days. We won't be gone too long."

Hearing Hye-ryoung saying those words put Pan Sa-hyeon's heart at ease. He didn't imagine his wife to be so affectionate towards his son most of all knowing how Jeong-bin was born. It was not the greatest moment of their marital life, but it has taught him to look back on all of his issue as a man and as a husband. Boo Hye-ryoung has all the right to go insane when he cheated. He still can remember every detail of that phase. Sa-hyeon won't deny the pain that caused his wife to even vomit blood due to stress that he failed to noticed because all he wanted was to be wirh So-won.

"What are you thinking?" Hye-ryiung asked her husband while they are on the way to their vacation spot. She was sitting on the front seat while Jeong-bin was at the back on his safety seat and sleeping.

"Nothing." Sahyeon smiled.

"Really? You were too quiet suddenly."

"Its just, I remember some things."

"Like?"

"Ani. Its not like it still matters now."

"Ay, wae?"

Sa-hyeon chuckled, "Its really nothing. I'm just thankful that you came back tho it seemed impossible before."

"Are you coming down with something?"

"Of course not. Why do you asked?"

"You never talked about the past even when you proposed to get back together." Hye-ryoung sighed, "Now thinking about it, I wonder what's gotten into me when I said yes when you proposed."

Sa-hyeon chuckled, "Are you serious saying that now?"

"Ani." The couple laugh, "Shh," Hye-ryoung hushed remembering their son was sleeping. "But you know, what I am most wondering about is when I suddenly got this resolve to make things work."

"Are you saying you didn't like to make things work for us after the- you know."

"Its okay, you can say it. I've accepted our miscarriage." They looked at each other and smile faintly, "It hurts, but somewhere I have to live with it. I just can't breathe if I am going to mule over it all our lives."

"Boo Hye-ryoung, I'm proud of you."

"De? What are you talking about?"

"You are opening up more now."

"What do you mean?"

"You know, thinking about it, I still don't know that much about you. You seemed to be too untouchable but then you still can cry and say things softly."

"Are you looking for a fight?"

"Ay wae?" The couple end up laughing.

As the Pan and Boo couple were on a trip, Sa Pi-young was gradually taking care of the 2 babies left in her care alone. Its not something that easy to do than doing house chores, but it was rrwarding most of all when she was seeing the babies smiling.

"It feels like I'm taking care of twins." Sa Pi-yiung mumbled to herself."

"Mwo? You saying something?" Dong-ma asked while preparing for office.

"Ani. I was just mumbling to myself about these 2 kids."

"Are you going to be okay taking of them alone?"

"De."

"Isn't it hard to attend to them at the same time?"

"Anio. Si-eun unni prepared everything that Haneul needed. Also, she will be here in an hour or so."

"What do you think my brother was thinking about what happened last night?"

"I am sure that it only strengthened his feelings for his wife."

"Why do you think so?"

"He waited 40 years just to tell her how he feels about her. I am sure he was aware that unni isn't just an ordinary woman. Knowing more about her will only widen his perspective about their relationship."

"I wish I have met you as early as my brother."

"Wae?"

"You seemed so close with each other. I can say that you are comfortable around him."

Pi-young chuckles, "Are you perhaps getting jealous?"

Dong-ma snickers, "What will you do if I am?"

Sa Pi-young gave her husband a very tight hug which it reciprocate lovingly, "You don't need to get jealous to anyone. Most of all to brother." She looked at him, "You should go now. You will be late."

They sealed their morning with sweet kisses as usual. The day is still long, but thinking about a lot of stuffs is making one tired and stress- this is what is happening to Lee Si-eun. The driver had picked her up in the hotel while Seo ban went straight to work. While on the way home, she can't stop thinking about her brother. There wasn't any news nor message and call coming from his part. She wanted to assume that Lee Seok Jin doesn't mean what he said the night when they first met.

Arriving at home, Lee Si-eun quickly got up to check on Haneul with Pi-young, "Unni, did you rush going home?"

"Ani." Si-eun smiled before facing Pi-young after looking over Haneul, "We took our time having breakfast." She then took off her coat and placed it at the chair's arm before sitting down with Pi-young. "How's the breakfast?"

"What do you mean? I should be the one asking you about your morning date with your husband."

"Ani. You know what I mean."

"There's nothing much to say about or talk about. Everything is normal."

"Abbeoji?"

"Ah, we told him what happened last night when we arrived home. He didn't talked about it in the table with kids earlier."

"What did he said last night?"

"He was surprised. Hm, I guess he cared more about his sons in the part that he didn't do any background checks on us. Which is highly surprising on his part."

Si-eun breath deeply with her hands intertwined showing she was nervous about something.

"Unni, don't worry too much. I am sure Seo Ban hyungnim doesn't care about what your past have been. If I am to be honest, he would only love you more."

"Ani, its not what I am worried about."

"Then what is?"

"I am more worried about my brother and Choi Min-seok-ssi, his secretary."

"Wae?"

"They move as one. What my brother wants to do, Min-seok will always be there to support and make it happen for him. I am sure they knew about what my ex-husband have done."

Pi-young got curious, "Is it that serious?"

"My father might be too serious and strict, but he was sweet and fsmily oriented like Seo ban, but my brother is different." Si-eun sighed, "He once almost killed Park Hae-ryoung's brother thinking it was my ex-husband."

"De?! Unni, is it true?"

Si-eun nods, "Park-seonsaengnim has a twin brother. They are identical twins. Mt brother thought it was him he was trying to punish but ended up its his brother. Their family just let it go. Thats when I started to stood up against my family."

"Looking back last night, your brother's aura was really strong and undeniably intimidating. But in his defense, you were his lovely sister that he must protect."

"Hajiman, I'm still concern that he might do something foolish again. He might get away with it when our father was still alive, but it is different now." she sighed.

"Unni, stop thinking negatively about your brother. I am sure he learned his lesson not to be violent. Trust him. He is an adult now. By the way, I thought you have a sister?"

"I do, but she died when we were still small. She died because of an illness. My father and mother doesn't want to talk about it. How did you know about her?"

"I just remembered at one of our team dinner where your husband said that you looked like your sister and you asked if he knew her."

"Ahh, you have quite a memory."

"Thinking about it now, hyungnim surely have his eyes only for you even then."

"Wae? How can you say that?"

"He only flatters you everytime and just hooked our names to it later just to make sure you wouldn't feel awkward."

"Jinja? I didn't noticed it."

"Because you are too naive to put attention to other men other than Park-seonsaengnim."

"Which I have regretted then. But I am thankful that Seo Ban came to me. I am much more peaceful and happy having him by my side."

"Doesn't he excites you?"

Si-eun chuckles, "What are you getting into?"

"Ani, I was just asking."

"Honestly, Seo Ban excites me in many different ways. He calms me but then he makes my heart beats faster everytime our eyes meets. I don't know if its because we just got married, but his spontaneous acts are always catching me off guard."

A/N: always used shift+enter if you are going to do or make a new paragraph... let the credits remain...just pm me for the code that is if you want to use this one...

layout by: mambokinoki