Chapter 5: Facing the Far Past

Love ft. Marriage and Divorce Season 4 (Fanfic)

 

Facing the Far Past

Happiness is the way as per Seo Ban. To put it easily happiness is subjective and was only created by humans, but then it seems now that he only said that not mean it. He is a different person when he married Lee Si-eun and have their own family. This is evident in every single day and every single moment that you can sss them together. Even for Hyanggi and Uram, their family is complete.

"Noona," Uram started as he sat down on the bed of his sister, "what should I tell appa?"

"Appa? Wae?" Hyanggi stopped writing to focus more on her brother.

"He sent me a message."

"Ah, seonsaengnim appa."

"De."

"But why are you asking me what to tell him? Is there any problem?"

"Its... he asked me about Haneul."

"De? Why would he?"

"I have a bad feeling about this. I don't want eoma to get stress because of it."

"Did you tell him about eoma being pregnant? Eoma doesn't go out as much during her pregnancy. She stay here because she was worried about Haneul. So there is no way that appa will see her during those times."

"Ani, I didn't tell him anything. I just felt that there will be nothing good to come out about it."

"Thats right. But how did he knew about it? I doubt that eoma would even tell him that. Ask him how he knew."

Uram followed his sister's instruction and they got an answer few minutes later, "Jia appa. I guess they are close still."

"Exchanging thoughts as ex-husband I think." the sibling chuckled, "Anyway, message him back and tell him we are doing okay."

"What if he says to meet him?"

"I got a lot of works to be done, so its probably just you. And he just asking you about things like that."

"I wonder if I can."

"Wae?"

"Jia and I have horseback riding lessons this weekend. We decided to take this seriously. Also, we are going to go out with our friends from the equestrian club. Halabeoji and appa gave us some money to spend."

"Ya, don't spend money too much. You are getting too used on having too much money."

"Wae? I am spending it the right way. I am buying foods with it."

"He's right. He is using it the right way by buying foods." Chairman Seo punched into the siblings conversation as the bedroom door was open.

"Halabeoji!" the children stood up to show respect. The old man sat down on a chair beside the bed. He signaled the two to sit down.

"Uram-a, don't you like to play outside like your friends?"

"I do, but I don't like basketball." Uram politely replied.

"Is that so?" the old man made some thinking.

"What is it, halabeoji?"

"Is there something in your mind?" Hyanggi asked respectfully.

"The summer is one busy time for the SF Corporation because of many activities being held. One of those are the yearly event for the children foundation. I don't usually attend those because I don't think I can keep up with playing with kids in this age."

"When will it be held?"

"Next week. One is in a school field and one is in an orphanage. It will be 2 days."

"Do you want me and Jia to come?" Uram asked with a smile.

"Would you love to? You will have to play with kids you havent met and not the same with your classmate."

"Its no problem! All children are the same. I might not have meet them yet or see them in the place where I go, but we still have a lot of interest to share."

Ung-halabeoji chuckled and impressed with how Uram answered. Hyanggi was proud that her brother was growing up maturely.

The couples of the Seo household  went out for dinner with Bu Hye-ryoung and Pan Sa-hyeon. Its the first time in one year that they made arrangement along with their husbands. The trio were stunning with their dresses that captures not only their husbands' eyes but also some other people in the restaurant.

"You guys are attracting attentions." Dong-ma complimented.

"They can't help it. Our wives are all beautiful in their dresses." Ban praised the ladies.

An attendant approached the couples' table carrying a boquet of red roses. The pretty women of the table were surprised and gigling when it was given to Lee Si-eun, "For me?" the young man attendant nodded before leaving. Si-eun read the card and it was none other than her husband. "You could've given it to me yourself."

"I want to see your expression if someone else would give flowers to you." Seo Ban coined.

"Are you thinking that I will be as happy if it is not from you?"

"Ani."

"Should we change table and leave you guys alone?" Pi-young jokingly said.

"Seo-sajangnim is still consistent even after you gave birth." Hye-ryoung followed. "I guess he was trying to guve everything after all those years he bottled it up."

The women laughed and they started their night by having their dinner while talking about things they enjoy the most. In this part, Pan Sa-hyeon was a little careful but he was getting along with the 2 men. 

As they were having desserts, the women went to the bathroom altogether to do their things and also talk about their husbands.

"Eonni, hyung-nim really loves you. Who would've thought that he got flowers for you." Sa-PD said while washing her hands.

"He seemed so serious and still deeply in love." Hye-ryoung followed. "His eyes were sparkling when he was looking at you enjoying the flowers."

Si-eun smiled timidly, "Don't tease us, will you?" She sighed, "He doesn't fail to amaze me with his antics. I didn't take him to be so sweet even after we got married. I want to get use to it, but he definitely not giving me a chance too. So everything he does and doing still surprise me."

"Sa-hyeon and I will go on a trip with Jeong-bin."

"Just the 3 of you?" Pi-young asked.

"De. I don't want to have my in-laws with us just to have them taking care of Jeong-bin. They need to have rest too."

"That's true. Did they agreed?"

"They don't at first, but we manage to persuade them."

While the trio were taking their time in the bathroom, the three men met a familiar man in the business world ,Chairman Lee Seok Jin. He owns and manages the corporation that holds hotel and restaurant chains in the country and in Asia.

"Seo Dong-ma," The Chairman greeted Dong-ma as they have met a few times for business. "It's good to see you again. I heard you got married and so as your brother. You finally found chance to settle."

Dong-ma smiled and reply respectfully, "Nice to see you too, Chairman Lee. Yes, I got married last year. I apologize if we didn't sent out an invitation. We wanted to keep it among families."

"Its just fine. Congratulations on your wedding." He then looked at men beside Dong-ma.

"Ah, this is my brother, Seo ban. And this is Pan Sa-hyeon, a familt friend."

"Seo Ban? The eldest son of Chairman Seo?"

"De. Nice meeting you." Ban and Chairman Lee greeted each other.

"Pan Sa-hyeon, hmm, I heard your name somewhere."

"He is the youngest son of Chairman Pan." The man beside Chairman Lee politely said in low volume.

"Ohh, Nice meeting you too. By the way, are you guys alone?"

"No, we are with our wives." Dong-ma answered. Not too long Pi-young and Hye-ryoung arrived and they were introduced by Dong-ma.

"Where's Lee Si-eun?" Seo Ban inquired.

"She was on the phone with Hyanggi so we came out first." Hye-ryoung replied.

Hearing the name Lee Si-eun perked Chairman Lee's curiousity, "Is your wife named Lee Si-eun?" He asked Seo ban.

"De."

"Here she is." Dong-ma said.

As she was walking back to their table, Lee Si-eun saw familiar faces standing to their table. As she was getting close, Chairman Lee and Lee si-eun's eyes met and they were both surprised.

"This is Lee Si-eun. My wife. Si-eun, meet Chairman Lee Seok-jin."

"Lee Si-eun." Lee Seok-jin mumbled.

"O-oppa..." Lee Si-eun mumbled that the group including her husband were caught surprised.

Lee Seok-jin smirked, "Seeing you dressing up like before and remarrying now makes me think that you woke up."

Everyone in the table looked at each other puzzled most of all her husband Seo Ban. She looked at him swallowing in shame before looking back at fhe Chairman, "This isn't the right time tl talk about it."

"After all these years you..."

"Oppa, can you just stop, please?"

Lee Seok-jin looked at the people who were with Si-eun and just nodded and sighed, "I will appreciate it if you will make time and have a talk."

Si-eun nodded and so the Chairman left their table. She closed her eyes and breathe deeply before sitting down.

"You knew Chairman Lee?" Seo Ban asked.

Si-eun looked at her husband ashamed, "De."

"Is there something wrong?"

"Eonni, I felt the tension between you and Chairman Lee. Was there anything that happened between you? It seems serious." Pi-young asked.

"Family stuffs." Lee Si-eun answered facing the table down. With her answer it only sparked the groups' curiousity, but Sa-hyeon have his own mind thinking about it.

"Lee Seok-jin, Lee Si-eun." Sa-hyeon mumbled. "Wait, I have read this somewhere. Are you perhaps the only daughter of Lee Si-hwan?"

"De?!" Hye-ryoung exclaimed. "Eonni, is rhat true?"

Si-eun just nodded in agreement, "Yes, I am the youngest daughter of the Lee."

Dong-ma looked at his brother who was looking at his wife with concern. He can say that its not only them who were surprised about it, but also Seo Ban.

The night ended in a very quiet goodbyes. The 3 couple have their own cars to ride and so they have their own time to talk about what happened. Starting with Hye-ryoung that can't believe that the middle aged woman who dresses really simple during their broadcast was actually a heir of a big corporation.

"Daebak. Who woild have thought that Lee Si-eun eonni belongs to the Sun Corporation?"

"I know, right?" Sa-hyeon replied with a smile.

"How did you know about them?"

"We handled some cases from their corporation. My boss gave me a worksheet and some information about them and their family. The only profile that was handled was for the only son of Chairman Lee Si-hwan. They said that the lrofile for the daughter is unavailable. She was only written in the family name."

"Was is because she married Park-seongsaengnim that they diswoned her?"

Sa Pi-young was worried about Lee Si-eun in the other hand. She knew about the reason why Si-eun was diswoned, but she didn't know about her familt background.

"You didn't know about it too?" Dong-ma asked.

"Ani. I was surprised too to know about her family. I know that she came from a respected and wealthy family, but I didn't know that came from a really wealthy one."

"Hyung was probablt surprised too."

Seo Ban was indeed surprised, but he was more than worried about his wife. Si-eun was all quiet and he can see her hand trembling. Just like everytime, he holds it tightly. She looked at him with those eyes b with anxiety, "Don't worry about it. You should get some rest when we get home." Si- eun nodded and held her husband hand tighter.

The couples arrived and found Chairman Seo in the living room. Pi-young and Dong-ma stayed a moment to greet and wait for the older couple to come in. Seo Ban and Lee Si-eun just greeted the chairman and immediately went up to their room which puzzled the old man.

Dong-ma sat down with his father to talk about the dinner and what happened. Pi-young served them with tea and joined them after.

"Did they fight?" The chairman asked.

"No. Hyung was probably surprised as we all are earlier. And Uram eomma was probablt worried." Dong-ma answered.

"Knowing eonni, she probably thinking a lot of bad stuffs now."

"Wae? What happened? Tell me." Seo Ung asked.

"We met Chairman Lee Seok-jin at the restaurant earlier. When he saw Uram eomma, they were both surprised. Even his secretary was." the son replied.

"Why is that? Do they know each other?"

"They were siblings. Si-eun hyeongnim was the youngest daughted of Chairman Lee before she married Hyanggi and Uram's appa."

The chairman was surprised too. He can't believe that the woman he once degraded in his mind came from a rich family. He didn't bothered to do a background check on her too. All he does was to see her in person and meet her children just to pleased Seo Ban. "I can't remember the Lee to talk about their daughter."

"Because she choses to stood up for her first love after 12th grade." Pi-young started to tell the story that she knew about Lee Si-eun. "Hyung-nim actually gave up her life as a heiress becauss of Park Hae-ryun seonsaengnim. She worked her way to support her studies and her ex-husband too."

"She did that all for a man?" Seo Ung asked.

"Eonni was too innocent and faithful to the point that she given everything up for a man who left her for another woman after 30 years." Pi-young sighed, "I can only speculate of how shameful she must be feeling now that she met her brother after such a long time."

"They haven't met even after she gave birth to her children?" Dong-ma asked.

Sa Pi-young shakes her head, "She endured the pain of her family turning their back on her just to make her own family happy. Her mother just met her once when Hyanggi turned 3 and it wasn't even known by her father."

"Tsk." The Chairman expressed his disappointment, "That man don't deserve to have a family at all after what he has done to Lee Si-eun."

Inside their bedroom, Seo Ban and Lee Si-eun quietly laid down on their bed. A moment after, Si-eun turned to Ban's side of the bed and put her arm and head on his chest. Her husband held her hand and wrapped his other arm on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry for not telling you about my family." she said apologetically.

"I know you have good reasons about it. I won't pry." he said.

"Ani. You cn pry all you want and I owe it to you. I should've told you everything about my family. Its not like its a happy story, but you still have to know."

"You can take your time. I don't mind. Whats important is our family are together."

"Gumawo. Saranghae, Seo Ban-nim."

Meanwhile, Chairman Lee was having his shot of alcohol with Cha Min-seok, his right hand man, a brother-like friend and trusted employee of the family. They are sitting in the garden watching the night away talking about Lee Si-eun.

"Have you seen her, Min-seok?" Seok-jin chuckled, "She looked younger than before. She looked way better than when she was with that professor."

Cha Min-seok agreed with a nod, "She seemed to be in peace and well loved by her new husband. They looked good together too."

"Lee Si-eun deserves nothing but love and be spoiled like she used too. She should've been treated like a queen just like hkw we treated her before Park Hae-ryun appeared."

"Are you not wondering about what happened between them?"

"Should I be? Lee si-eun probably got fed up with his incompetence thats why she left him." Cha Min-seok just sighed, "Wae? Do you know what happened?" Seok-jin asked after his friend's sigh poked his curiousity.

"He was the one who left her."

"Mwo? The guts of thag bastard."

"He left her because of a woman."

"He even had the guts to have a mistress when he can't even support himself without my sister? How do you know about this?"

"2 years ago, I saw Lee Si-eun leaving the court. Tho it was far, I can see her wiping her tears in disguise. I asked some of our people to find out about it and they said she just got divorce. Knowing Si-eun, she wouldn't be too string to ask for it. So I made my own move and learn what happened."

"What about the kids?"

"They were with her. She won't give them up. Thats the very last thing shs would do."

"That girl... how come she endured too much for that man? She wasted her youth just to be cheated?" Seok-jin smirked in anger. "If you have told me this before I would have give that professor a good one in the face."

Min-seok chuckled, "You still don't change despite all the yeafs you refused to see Lee Si-eun or hear about her. You didn't even care to meet her children."

"You know I did. I came to them when they were born." Seok-jin proudly showed off Hyanghi and Uram's baby picture thats in his cellphone.

"You should have had one for yourself too."

"You talking like you have your kid."

A/N: always used shift+enter if you are going to do or make a new paragraph... let the credits remain...just pm me for the code that is if you want to use this one...

layout by: mambokinoki