Chapter 14: The Progress

Love ft. Marriage and Divorce Season 4 (Fanfic)

 

The Progress

In the kitchen, Sa Pi-young and Lee Si-eun are preparing their family's breakfast as the weekend started. Their husbands on the other hand were the ones taking care of their babies at the living room.

"Unni, you should be relaxing and sleeping in. Its weekend. You should rest." Pi-young said as she was cutting ingredients.

"Ani." Si-eun replied as she was checking the pot in the stove. "This is the time I have to serve the family. I'm fine. Besides, papers and meetings were all I do everyday. Cooking helps me relieves stress from work."

"Are you going to continue working after this week?"

"Unfortunately, yes. I have talked about it with Ban. He lets me be until my brother recovers."

"Unni, why is your brother refusing the operation?"

"He is always been this stubborn. He only hears what he wants to and do what only can benefits him."

"Doesn't he missing his work? Knowing he was a bachelor, work is all he is living for."

"I don't think he is missing it a bit. He was having a good time watching birds and catching fish."

"He likes fishing?"

"Thats all he was doing since he started his vacation. By the way, how's Bu Hye-ryoung? She was too stressed she didn't notice she was pregnant."

"She's fine. The baby was healthy as per the doctor said. They just have to be careful because they were at the sensitive first months of pregnancy. Pan Sa-hyeon was really happy. His eyes were really lively and his face was so bright when I saw him yesterday. Ithink Hye-ryoung's efforts paid off."

"I'm happy for her. She should settle now. They have to take care of their family."

"But, unni, I think her husband was determine to take everything to court."

"Ah, we can't blame him. Most of all now that they knew Bu Hye-ryoung's condition. It could've turn worst than what we thought if the baby was not strong enough. I just hope this won't take too much toll from them."

Weekend is for family and so thats just how the 2 families in Seo household celebrated their day with the kids. They went shopping to buy things that the kids needed. They also brought the babies with them in strollers.

"Ahh," a big squealing from a woman coming for Lee Si-eun and Seo Ban. "Is this your baby?" She was one of the couple's office friend. "Omo, he's so cute."

"De. Thank you." Si-eun replied as she was holding on the strollers.

"I seldom see you guys nowadays. Its just always Seo Ban I am seeing."

"Are you disappointed?" Seo Ban popped a joke.

"De." An immediate reply from the woman and they laughed, "By the way, jaggangnim, aren't you really going to come back?"

"I can't right now. I got a lot of things at hand."

"Thats disappointing. I am having headaches with my writers."

"Just give them sometime, they will pick it up."

"Ani. They just can't compare to how you write scripts for shows like ours."

"Just tell them what you want and they will surely do it."

"Oh, wait, since this is the first time I met your baby I'm going to buy him something."

"Ay, you don't have too."

"No, no. Wait for me." the woman took something from the babies' shelf and ran to the counter.

While they were waiting, Haneul suddenly cried which made his father carry him in his arms. Lee Si-eun was trying to console her son too. The couple seemed so pleased and happy. Hyanggi and Uram joined them after getting what they wanted to buy on their cart. A moment later a familiar face walked to the family, its Park Hae-ryun.

"Appa." Uram called. The boy seemed worried about the awkward scene. Hyanggi on the other hand was just looking at her father waiting for a response.

"Fancy meeting you guys here." the professor said awkwardly side looking at Lee Si-eun and Seo Ban with their child. "A boy?"

Before Si-eun can answer, her husband did, "De."

"Ah." Looking at the man his ex-wife was holding at arms at that very moment was making Park Hae-ryun a little uneasy. He just then nodded and looked at his children, "I thought it was just the kids, I was about to ask them to have some meal with me."

"We are going to have dinner after this." Hyanggi quickly answer not allowing her mother to reply.

Park Hae-ryun nods, "Of course. What am I expecting? I guess I have to go." he just then walked out of the scene leaving the family alone.

A new week has started and so Hyanggi to her new part time. She came by the office at the afternoon after her school. The chairman had introduced her to his people. She will stay by her grandpa's side all the time. He had given her an office table inside his office.

"How are you catching up?" Seo Dong-ma asked Hyanggi when he decided to visit them in their office.

"I still learning. Its my first day, so I have to learn more about this job."

"She's doing great on her first day." The Chairman complimented. "Shs had put up the notes perfectly as I told her too. She arranged my files too according to how I want it too. I think she will stay here for long."

Dong-ma smiles at Hyanggi as compliment, "Why don't we celebrate your first day in our company?"

"How?"

The chairman checked his watch, "We have time for that."

They ended up having a snack in a nearby cafe with Chairman Seo. In there, Hyanggi received some pointers from the bosses themselves. They also made her familiarize some names for the future meetings they will go to. After their small talk, the Chairman with Hyanggi proceeded to do their remaining meetings for the day. In one of the meetings, Hyanggi met a young man who was seemingly getting trained too.

When Hyanggi went to the bathroom, she bumped into the young man, "Ah, mianhe." she said awkwardly. The young man just looked at her from head to foot making her feel uncomfortable, "Wae?"

"You look like a college student."

"Yes. I am a college student."

"How did you land a job in SF?"

"De? Why are you asking?"

The man smirks, "Maybe some connections. But you don't seem to come from a known family or something. Did your parents buy your position out?"

Hyanggi was intimidated and annoyed by how the man said it, "Says by a son of a chairman who knows nothing about working but waiting for his father for an inheritance."

"Mwo? Do you even know that I can just easily tell Chairman Seo to kick you out?"

"Do it." Hyanggi then dashed off of the seen. The man followed her back to the table. There they saw the chairmen standing up and shaking hands.

"Oh, we're done here." Chairman Seo said to Hyanggi. The man walked to his father's side. "Ah, by the way, since you introduced your son, I shoukd introduce my granddaughter too."

"Wae? You invited her too?" The other chairman asked.

"This is my grand daughter." Chairman Seo introduced Hyanggi. "This is Hyanggi." The young lady greeted the father and son as respect. The young man was seemingly surprised.

"Oh, I didn't notice it."

"She was our eldest."

"Ohh, and you are training her now? Thats good going."

"They must know about the famy business one way or another."

The other chairman pats his son in the shoulder, "Just like my son here. I think the two of you should work more together."

Chairman Seo looked at Hyanggi and how she would react and expectedly the young lady was just silenced. On their way home, the chairman can't stop himself from asking, "It was a normal way of slowly introducing their son to women in the same league, Hyanggi."

"De, harabeoji?"

"You were surprised when Chairman Song said you should work with his son more often, am I right?"

"Ne."

"It means he was showing interest in you because you are my grand daughter. He will surely push for it when he even learns about your mother."

"Why would he? He doesn't even know me. Besides, I'm sure he will only be disappointed if he learns that I am not your real granddaughter."

"You are worried about your surname?" Hyanggi looked at the chairman, "Thats nothing. We can easily do something about that. Also, its not like I am lying when I said you are my granddaughter." Hyanggi smiled. "Wae? Why are you smiling?"

"Anio. I'm just glad to have a grandfather."

When they arrived home, they incidentally arrived with Lee Si-eun and Seo Ban.

"Oh, you came home early too." Chairman Seo greeted.

"Ne, abeonim."

"Eomma!" Hyanggi walked excitedly towards her mother and father.

"How's your first day?" Seo Ban asked.

"Its fine."

"Why are you talking out here? Do it inside." The old man said and so they all followed him into the house. At the dining table, Chairman Seo told everyone how good Hyanggi was adapting into her new job.

"Hyanggi had shown such great comprehension of things she should do and shouldn't do. For a first day of a new employee she did a great job." The chairman complimented the young lady.

Tho happy with their daughter's determination and diligence, Lee Si-eun can see that her husband is still worried about Hyanggi. After she put Haneul to sleep, Si-eun climbed their bed and embraced Seo Ban, "You should stop worrying too much."

"You noticed" he then wrapped his arm on her, "I just can't stop."

"Are you still that aloft from abeonim? Can you trust him even just for the kids?"

Ban exhales, "I will try."

At the university, Hyanggi was also doing her best to maintain her momentum to her studies. She was having fun with the course she chose, but she can't stop being curious about business management as days were passing by.

Park Hae-ryun looked at the books his daughter was holding when they accidentally met in the library, "Are you planning to switch?"

"Ne? Ani. Wae?" Hyanggi replied.

"The books you are holding."

"Ah, this? Geunyang. I'm just curious."

"Are you being swayed by your step father to switch courses?"

"Huh? Anio. He was letting me do whatever I want. What makes you think that way?"

"Do you have time for some drinks?"

"Mianhe, I have a lot of things to finish. I have a job waiting for me after my class."

"Do you really need to jag between your study and work? Being a university student isn't easy. You should tell your step-father that."

That somehow flicks Hyanggi, "Ask him what? If eomma could do it for both you of, why can't I do it for myself?"

"I didn't mean anything over what I have said. I just don't want you to endure the hardship when you could just live comfortably now. Most of all when your mother had returned to her family."

Hyanggi smirks, "Ne. She has returned to her family whom she gave up a long time ago, but it doesn't mean that we can just live having fun. Please don't give us any idea to be lazy just because money comes easy in our family." She then looked at her wrist watch, "I'm going now. My class will start in 10 minutes. Bye."

Park Hae-ryun cant do anything but to watched his daughter leave the library. To Hae-ryun it feels like anything he woukd say or do will only rub the wrong way towards the kids.

"Ah," Hyanggi said in surprised after seeing the schedules the chairman has for the afternoon.

"Wae? What are you so surprised about?" Chairman Seo asked while wearing his coat.

"Your next meeting will be with Sun Corporation Chairman Lee."

"Keurae? What's the meeting about?"

"Company electronics and servuces for the whole corporation in and out of the country. It is going to be a three-way meeting along with Chairman Song of Diamond Network."

"Oh, thats great."

An hour later, Hyanggi and Chairman Seo arrived at the meeting place where they saw Chairman Song and his son already sitting and welcomed them. A little while more and Choi Min-seok entered the room opening the door for Lee Si-eun. The female chairman smiled as she was greeting the chairmen in the table. Hyanggi, Chairman's Song's son and Choi Min-seok remained behind their respective bosses to write every detail of the meeting.

An hour or so, the 3 chairmen had agreed on their terms and continued to their personal talks casually. Hyanggi and Chairman Song's son joined the table while Min-seok had to go after the meeting because of other stuff in the office.

"This is the first time I have met Lee Seok-jin's sister. Sorry to say this, but your brother is too straight face that even us can't ask about his name." Chairman Song said.

Si-eun smiles, "Ne. He isn't the type of person to share personal things when it comes to business." She turned to Hyanggi who was sitting beside her, "Were you surprised seeing my name?"

"Ne." Hyanggi replied fast with big smile on her face, "I finally saw you in action."

Chairman Song and his son were looking at mother and daughter wondering about their very casual conversation and so Chairman Seo joins in to introduce them, "Lee Si-eun is my daughter-in-law and Hyanggi's mother."

Surprised with the introduction, Chairman Song grins and proudly introduces his son too, "Whoa, that's surprising, huh? Ah, by the way, I haven't introduce my son properly too. This is Song Chang-hyun. He is my only son among my 3 daughters."

"Ah, ne. Nice to meet you Song Chang-hyun." Si-eun greeted.

"Nice to meet you too, Lee Si-eun sajangnim." Chang-hyun replied respectfully.

After their meal, the 3 bosses walked on the hallway together while Chang-hyun and Hyanggi were walking behind them.

"Hmm, I think I owe you an apology." Changhyun started.

"Ne?" Hyanggi replied.

"About the other day. I apologize about what I said."

"Are you apologizing because of my halabeoji and parents? Or are you apologizing because you really think you owe me one?"

"The latter."

Hyanggi tilted her head looking at Changhyun's face, "You looked sincere."

"Ya, I am serious. Don't make fun of me."

"I'm not." Hyanggi looked ahead with a big smile.

When the chairmen's reached the exit, they looked back for the youngster and saw the 2 taking their time to walk together casually and even exchanged numbers. Lee Si-eun smiled. 

A/N: always used shift+enter if you are going to do or make a new paragraph... let the credits remain...just pm me for the code that is if you want to use this one...

layout by: mambokinoki