Chapter 7: What Goes On From Here?

Love ft. Marriage and Divorce Season 4 (Fanfic)

 

What Goes On From Here?

The first night of their trip, Sa-hyeon and Hye-ryiung had successfully made it a happy trip. Jeong-bin was seemingly having fun watching people around and even playing with his mother and father at the beach. Truthfully they are real family. They sent out some pictures to their parents who was left at home.

"Hye-ryoung sent pictures!" the mother said and presented it to her husband. The pictures are of Jeong-bin all smiles and seemed to be having fun. There is a video too where in Sa-hyeon was carrying Jeongbin up in the air and they are both laughing. The background sounds were Hye-ryiung and the wave. "They seemingly having fun, aren't they?" the old woman sighed in relief.

"Hey-ryoung-a seemed to be so calm and down to earth nowadays. Do you think she was into something?"

"Aist, stop saying that. You are making me worried. Maybe she just wanted to settle down for a bit and give her marital life a big chance. Its their second marriage. If anyone of them blow it off then there is no way another time. It will only be a joke. Can't you understand that?"

"Ani, I know what it means, its just that she changed so suddenly."

"I am worried too, but we have to put our faith in them."

Sa-hyeon entered the bathroom where Hye-ryoung was. She was already inside the shower when Sa-hyeon joined her. Their passionate night begins. It is a step towards their dream family. Hye-ryoung planned it after checking her cycle for months. She really wanted to conceive a child. She is one determined woman to get what she desired.

Looking back, Hye-ryoung doesn't always get what she wanted. She have to work for everything that she have. People usually think that she can get everything she wanted because she's pretty, but it wasn't true. Boo Hye-ryoung has to go thru a lot of hardship and pain before she got to where she is now.

"Ya, Boo Hye-ryoung, you think you are some big shot just because you are pretty, huh?" a bully student in Boo Hye-ryoung's class during high school used to picked on her becauss most of the guys like Hye-ryoung than them.

"What do you mean?"

"You are just pretty. You are not even that smart. And most of all you are just a commoner. Do you think Soo-jung will even take you seriously?"

Being a commoner is something she didn't even choose to live as, but its not like she can easily go out of it. And its infuriating to hear it everytime. Why does she have to be cast away just because she was born a commoner? Does it really count in life? Isn't it enough to live your life as good person to live quietly? Eveery thought counts in how Hye-ryoung had to live her life.

"Do you think Jeongbin was having fun with us?" Hye-ryoung asked her husband while they were laying in the bed cuddling.

"Its not like he can show his displease at his age." Pan Sa-hyeon replied while hugging his wife.

"We have taken a lot of videos and pictures together. Will that be enough for him to remember when he grows up?"

The husband chuckles, "I am really amazed on how much to changed. I feel like Jeong-bin was the one you married."

"He is one of the reason."

"And the other?"

"You." it was like a magic word to Sa-hyeon's ears. He giggled like a child hearing that from Hye-ryoung. "Wae? What are you giggling to?"

"Geunyang. By the way, shouldn't we invite your parents to have a vacation with us? I want them to meet Jeong-bin too."

"I already asked them before we came here, remember?"

"Ah, that phone call."

"Ye. But they refused. Appa doesn't like to travel much since he had cancer."

"Hasn't he been cleared?"

"He was, but he seemed more sensitive than before. He doesn't even laugh most of the time now."

"It might be because of the treatment he had gone thru. Why don't we visit them then?"

"Are you sure? Aren't you busy?"

"I can make time."

"Be honest with me, are you getting fired?"

"Mwo?" Sa-hyeon laughed, "What are you on about?"

"You see you keep going home earlier nowadays. And then you will always take me out during the weekends. What is it?"

"You were doing everything you can to make our family happy and whole. I should support you and take care of you in return."

"Whoa, good going Pan Sa-hyeon-ssi." The couple chuckled and exchange kisses.

Days passed and everything was going well in the Seo household. There was still no call coming from her brother, but Lee Si-eun already knew that she wouldn't be in contact with his brother despite seeing each other again. On the other room, Pi-young was attending to her husband the moment it came in to their room.

"How's your day?" she asked.

"The same. A lot of papers. It would be good if its your face I am seeing in it all day." Dong-ma replied as he was changing his clothes.

The wife chuckles, "I would like it to not happen. You know why?"

"Why?"

"Because you wouldn't miss me and you wouldn't want to come home because you are going to be sick with my face."

"I don't think it will happen." he then embraced his wife tightly. "I won't get tired of looking at your face every single time."

"Jinja?"

"Of course. Your face is to die for." Pi-young smiled at her smiled and so he kissed her sweetly.

At the dining table, like the usual, the grandfather asked the children about their day. He was always taking time to talk to the kids just to make them more comfortable on opening up everyday. After dinner, the couples sat down in the living room with Chairman Seo Ung.

"It feels like I haven't see the 2 of you for days." the old man said referring to Lee Si-eun and Seo Ban.

"Josonghaeyo, abeonim." Si-eun apologized.

"We are both looking over Haneul and help Uram in his studies too. We just want to be involve with our kids." Ban quickly picked up.

"Well, its understandable. Uram is in his sensitive phase. He needs to be guided in every step to make him not sway path."

"He is still a kid. We don't like to put pressure on him."

Pi-young and Si-eun looked at each other thinking the father and son conversation will go different way. But then Dong-ma joined into conversation, "I agree with hyung. We shouldn't push them too much. We should just let them enjoy what they are doing. They are even in the academy until the sun goes down."

"Being involve with their affairs is one way we can ensure they grow as good people." Pi-young said.

"That's right. Being smart is one thing, but being a good person shines thru it all." Si-eun agreed and continued, "Its also nice to see them growing applying things they are learning everyday. Seeing them not givinng up even if the world is giving them a hard time shows that they are growing right."

The chairman can't say anything else and just nods in agreement, "The kids learn from their parents."

In there bedroom, Si-eun asked her husband about his attitude, "Did something happened?"

"Nothing. Why?"

"You seemed a little irritated earlier. Is there a problem at work?"

"Ani. I just don't like that he will be picking at the kids."

"He just wanted to be sure their growth."

Ban looked at his wife, "I think we should go out more as a family."

"You want to go on a vacation?"

"Just short trips during the weekend. I am sure that it will relax the kids from their studies. They are getting too occupied with a lot of activities."

"We can ask them about their schedules. We can also go out and have dinner every now and then if you like."

"Why don't we go shopping this weekend? Then we can also go eat out on dinner after."

"The kids will join abbeonim for foundation."

"How about tomorrow?"

"Are you going out earlg from work?"

"Ye. Bring Haneul too."

Si-eun chuckles, "I can, but he can't eat what we are having."

"Just bring him his bottle."

"De, Seo Ban-nim." as they exchange sweet smiles, Ban also held his wife's hand.

Pi-young also raised the subject to Dong-ma, "Hyungnim seems a bit off today. Could there be some problem?"

"He just isn't comfortable talking to appa. He doesn't talk too much when they are facing each other." Dong-ma answered.

"Ani. He seems so displease about something. Ithink he was being too protective of the kids." Pi-young chuckled, "He really loves Hyanggi and Uram. "Now thinking about it, he used to ask about Uram before. He even knew his name before they got introduced to each other."

"He does? When was it?"

"It was when the kids visited our program. He immediately knew Uram's name while I have to introdyce Jia."

"That's surprising. My brother doesn't really care about other's name if he wasn't interested."

"Then it means that he really had that feelings towards Si-eun unni since the beginning. He really is surprising us everytime."

"You were also interested to him before?"

"He is a mysterious man. He doesn't waste energy to talk about trivial things. He was always stern and straight faced. He doesn't even smile a bit before. We even talked about his dual life."

"De? My brother had dual life?"

"Ani. It was all our assumption because we don't know anything about him. We didn't even know that he was a chaebol. We thought that he has a sponsor."

Dong-ma laughs, "My brother woukdn't even let anyone to touch him. He wouldn't even ask our father for any favor."

"I know. I just hope they could somehow get together well."

As the night gets deeper and all were sleeping, Lee Si-eun's phone kept on vibrating on the night table beside her that woke her up. She reached for her phone while lying down and answered it half asleep.

"Yobeoseyo?" she started.

"Lee Si-eun." A sharp and deep voice from the other line replied. It startled Si-eun because she remembered that voice, it's Choi Min-seok. It made Lee Si-eun sat up. "Your brother-"

"What happened?" she asked. Beside her, Ban was woken up with his wife's worried voice. He sat up and try to listen to his wife's phone conversation.

"He is in the hospital now. He collapsed just now."

"De?! What hospital? I'll go there." she held her husband's hand tightly while they are looking at each other.

Quickly, Seo Ban and Lee Si-eun drove to the hospital even without changing to casual clothing and just covered themselves with their coats. Upon arrival, they walked briskly to the emergency room where in they saw Min-seok also in his night clothes.

"What happened?" Si-eun asked very worried.

"He was in his study room when I heard a loud noise of something fell. I got up and checked on him and I found the chairman already on the floor." Si-eun's restlessness had Min-seok worried. He knew very well how close Lee Si-eun and Lee Seok-jin were. "I'm sorry for calling you in the middle of the night. I just can't make decision if the doctor would ask me to. You are the only closest family he have."

"Its okay. I won't forgive myself if I don't get to know about him being this sick." Si-eun said as she almost fall due to shock and stress, but Ban held her from behind supporting her to stand up strongly. Si-eun looked up to her husband and touched its hand on her forearm.

"Gomawo for taking time to drive Lee si-eun here. Joseonghaeyo for disturbing you in the middle of the night. You should be having a rest now." Min-seok to Seo Ban.

"Its just fine. I came here because I am worried about my wife." Ban replied.

After an hour or so, the doctor came to the waiting area to update Lee Seok-jin's family. "Choi Min-seok- ssi-" the familiar doctor quickly noticed Lee Si-eun, "Si-eun-ssi?"

"De?" Si-eun asked.

"Ah, you may have forgot about me. Lets save the introduction for later. For now, your brother is stable. We have done all the test to see all the possible cause, but the primary reason might be stress. He has high blood pressure too."

Si-eun exhale in a little relief, "Have you transferred him into a room?"

"We are doing that. You can go there and look after him now. It would be better if he will not think about work for the time being. Let him relax himself."

After checking on his brother in his room, Seo Ban and Lee Si-eun go home to take care of things in the house. The family have all woken up when they arrived. It was weekend and everyone was home. The old man was already in the living room while the kids were with him with Danchu (the dog). Sa Pi-young came down welcoming them.

"Hyungnim, what happened? Is everything alright?" Pi-young asked.

"Where have you two been in your pajamas?" The old man asked curiously.

"It was an emergency." Seo Ban answered, "You should go up and change." He turned to his wife and Si-eun followed after she greeted Chairman Seo.

Seo Ban, Seo Dong-ma and their father went in the study room to talk about what happened.

"He was the only one managing their corporation. It can't be help. His health might have suffered because of it." Seo Ung said.

"For now, Si-eun will look after him. We would need a sitter for a few days." Ban replied.

"I can ask Pi-young to look after Haneul. We have enough housekeeper to attend to the house chores. I'm sure your wife won't stay all day in the hospital. You can ask for a private nurse to look after him thru out the night." Dong-ma offered.

"Gomawo. I will tell her about it."

"Who would be managing Sun now? Lee Seok-jin doesn't have a child nor ang elegible kin to take over." the chairman outs his concern.

"He doesn't have a family of his own?"

"Haven't Lee Si-eun talk about her family yet?"

Ban shakes his head, "I don't want to pry. She can tell me anytime she's comfortable talking about it."

"Chairman Lee don't have any family left with him. He was a bachelor thru and thru. He only lives with his secretary and a loyal friend Choi Min-seok. He carries everything that the chairman wanted." Dong-ma said.

Choi Min-seok didn't waste time to tell Lee Si-eun about the corporation and Lee Seok-jin's plan and will. Under any circumstances and unfortunate event only Lee Si-eun can take over the company and have the power over any assets that her brother may left.

"That's just too much. You know that I have no knowledge about this business." Lee Si-eun quickly debuldge the statement that Min-seok told her. "I might have took some years about management, but you know I graduated in different study."

"Si-eun-a, I can help you with it. Even just while your brother is here in the hospital."

Lee Si-eun doesn't know what to say, but everytime she looks at her brother her heart is hurtung more than she can tell.

A/N: always used shift+enter if you are going to do or make a new paragraph... let the credits remain...just pm me for the code that is if you want to use this one...

layout by: mambokinoki