Chapter 12: Unhappy Reality

Love ft. Marriage and Divorce Season 4 (Fanfic)

 

Unhappy Reality

Learning about the truth, Sa Pi-young decided to call Ami first. She was really disappointed and angry at the same time. She might be patient and restraint but them causing trouble like what they did to Bu Hye-ryoung is unforgivable to Sa Pi-young's book.

"I already talked to Ami." She said to Lee Si-eun while they were having tea in the study room.

"What did she said?" Si-eun asked.

"She already knew what I am about to tell her. I told her that we need to meet them. Her and Nam Ga-bin."

"Did she agreed to it?"

"She can't say no. They made this mess."

"What about Nam Ga-bin?"

"She said she will call her."

"I also want to see them. I want to hear what they would say."

Pi-young chuckles, "Unni, you have became more vocal and expressive nowadays. Does being a chairwoman made you like that?"

Si-eun chuckles before shaking her head lightly embarassed, "Is that bad or good thing?"

"What do you mean? Its a good thing that you are expressing more of how you feel. You usually keep accepting things and endure on your own. Being that way will stop people from thinking that you are naive and a pushover."

Lee Si-eun sighs, "Spending time in my brother's company had my guards up and taught me to be more vocal on things that I don't like. Choi Min-seok-ssi was always there to guide me."

"Unni, you should enjoy more of the priviledge you have missed before."

"Thinking about it now that I stepped my feet into that life once again, I suddenly missed it. After all these time, I have never thought about that kind of life. But now, I can see how much I have endured all the hardship."

"You should stay a bit more in that position."

"Ani. I need to go back to my family. I haven't been able to serve them and help you out here."

"De?" Pi-young laugh, "Unni, we have housekeepers and helpers here. Besides we have baby sitters too. I don't really work too much even when I am left alone here."

"Don't you miss working in the office too?"

"I do, but I realized that I haven't stay at home even when I had Jia. I never stop working because I want to prove my worth as a woman. An independent woman at that."

"You are though. Nobody can't just push around or give you a hard time. You speak your mind too."

"I want to see Jiwoo grow up."

"Same here. I couldn't do the same to Hyanggi and Uram."

"Are you sure you are not going to work after this month? I think you are already used to it."

Si-eun, "Ani. I am already decided."

"What did you and Pi-young talked about?" Dr. Shin Yu-sin asked.

"Ani, geunyang." Ami vaguely answered.

Suspiscious of his wife, Yu-sin inquired more, "Is it about Jia?"

"Anio." Ami looked down, "Its about Bu Hye-ryoung."

"Bu Hye-ryoung? Wae?"

"Haven't you see the news?"

"What news?" Ami then searched for the news in her phone and gave it to her husband to read, "What is this? Is this true?"

"Ani. Anirago."

"So why does Sa Pi-young wanted to talk to your about this?"

"It was me and Ga-bin unni who apparently spread that rumor."

"De?! What are you talking about?"

"Its- its not like we wanted to spread it. We didn't know that somebody else was listening to our conversation. But I didn't said that Bu Hye-ryoung was the one who killed Song Won unni."

"So what is this?! If thats not what you guys wanted to say then what is this? Do you know what you have done?"

Ami was already crying, "I said I didn't mean it! I am just so annoyed how she was so happy with Jeongbin appa after Song Won unni had died. I didn't said that she was the reason she died."

"When will you learn your lesson? Why in the hell are you talking like that about Bu Hye-ryoung in public? Don't you have any common sense?"

"I didn't mean it! I didn't want this to happen. I didn't asked for this happen. I was also shocked when I saw the news." Ami was sobbing heavily.

"When are you going to meet Sa Pi-young?"

"She wants to meet us tomorrow. I am sure she will be with Bu Hye-ryoung and Uram eomma."

"Does Nam Ga-bin knew?"

"De."

"Did she agreed to come with you?"

"De. She said she doesn't have any schedule tomorrow."

"I'm coming with you."

"Will you?"

"De. She must be really pissed off."

"Sa Pi-young unni?"

"Who else? I'm sure that even Uram eomma and Bu Hye-ryoung won't let these things pass."

The next day arrived and Ami and Nam Ga-bin was preparing themselves for the inevitable. Surprisingly, someone came to nam Ga-bin's house. It is someone she doesn't expect to come, Park Hae-ryun.

"Come in." She said, "What brings you here?"

"I heard from Dr. Shin."

Nam Ga-bin looked at the professor, "Its not something you should be concerned about."

"Lee Si-eun will surely be there too. I'll come with you"

"How do you know?"

"Dr. Shin told me the place and the reservation was under Uram eomma."

"Ah, okay."

"I'll drive. Lets just be prepared for the unexpected to happen."

Nam Ga-bin understands what was the professor is saying and so she agreed for him to come with her.

Arriving at the restaurant, Yu-sin and Ami arrived at the same time with the lrofessor and Nam Ga-bin. The couples were pointed to the VIP room that was reserved by Lee Si-eun. They came first. The 3 women they were expecting was still not there.

"This is new. We came first." The doctor commented.

"They were surely taking their time." The professor continued.

"Oppa, " Ami started, "I still don't know what to say."

"Just tell them the truth."

"We're sorry of you two have to go out of your way because of this." Nam Ga-bin politely apoligized.

"You don't need to. We came on our own. Its not like we didn't caused this too." Park Hae-ryun said with his hands on the table and tightly intact with each other.

The pressure and nerve racking minutes that was passing is making Ami and Nam Ga-bin thirsty and so as the two men with them. Few more minutes and someone entered the room. It's Choi Minseok-ssi followed by Sa Pi-young. Everyone in the room stands upto greet them.

"I shall leave you here, Sa Pi-young-ssi. The Chairwoman will come in a moment. She just have to make some phone call."

"Gumawo. Does Bu Hye-ryoung on the way too?" Pi-young asked.

"De. As per the Lee Si-eun- sajangnim, I had sent people to pick them up and ensure that no media will cover the transfer."

"I'm glad. Thank you for your hardwork."

"My pleasure." Minseok looked at the people inside and locked eyes with Park Hae-ryun and smirked a little. "With all due respect, I'll leave you to your business."

After Minseok left the room and closed the door. Sa Pi-young's dark eyes darted to Ami and Nam Ga-bin. She then stride towards the seat in front of Ami. "It's okay, you can all sit down now." Slowly the men and women sat down on their seats. "We won't start this conversation until Bu hye-ryoung is here."

"I didn't think I would see you face to face again." The doctor commented.

"Its not like I invited you here. The last thing I know was I invited your wife."

Park Hae-ryun smirked, "Its not like we're strangers."

"Maybe."

"By the way, who was the man earlier?"

"Right. Why did he opened the door for you and even sent someone to pick Bu Hye-ryoung.?" Sin Yushin interjected.

"Oh, its Choi Minseok-ssi. Lee Si-eun unni's secretary."

"De? Secretary? I thought Lee Si-eun stayed as a housewife after marriage." The professor said.

"Ani. Her brother asked her to lead the corporation. In other words, she became the chairman of Sun Corporation. And this restaurant? This is all under her. Thats why she offered the place because she can control everything in here." Pi-young boasted while smirking.

"I didn't know that Lee Si-eun jaggangnim came from a wealthy family." Nam ga-bin said softly while she was looking at Park Hae-ryun who seemed embarassed hearing everything like that.

Not too long, the door opened again and it was Lee Si-eun. She looked at the faces in the table before greeting Sa Pi-young, "Bu Hye-ryoung is coming with Pan Sa-hyeon." She then proceeded on sitting beside her sister-in-law.

"Choi Minseok-ssi told me earlier. By the way, you seemed busy. You were taking calls just now. Are you sure you should be here?" Pi-young quickly replied.

"Being a chairwoman surely have a lot of time." Park Hae-ryun commented thinking he was not heard of.

"Does being a professor requires you to be here too? Don't you have classes to take care of?" Lee Si-eun quickly bit her ex-husband. She then looked at Nam Ga-bin but the latter just smiled faintly and looked down.

Pi-young snickers lowly knowing how intimidated Nam ga-bin and Park hae-ryun were. "Ah, unni, I saw hyungnim's car outside. Did he drove you here too?"

"De. He doesn't want me to drive here and there anymore. Did Dong-ma picked you up too?"

"De. He was so persistent that he must be here."

"Mwo? Ban-i was here too. They must have saw each other now."

"I'm sure they did."

"You two are surely lucky with your husbands." Nam Ga-bin said complementing the efforts of the husbands being said.

Ami and the rest just went silent for few more minutes until Bu Hye-ryoung and her husband arrived. Hye-ryoung's face was really red in anger despite its pail lips. She didn't wore any make up because of stress. Pan Sa-hyeon in the other hand was supporting his wife from behind by holding her by the forearms.

Nam Ga-bin and Ami was sitting in the middle of Park Hae-ryun and Shin Yu-shin making it obvious that they wanted to protect fhe women for any physical harm that may occur during the meeting. Bu Hye-ryoung on the other hand was seated in between her husband and Sa Pi-young. The temperature was getting high inside the room when the appetizers arrived. After the servers went out the discussion started.

"Why did you say that? Who the hell even told you to say that kind of thing about me?" Hye-ryoung started strongly. "Do you even know what have you done?"

Ami's tears were already falling her face and can't answer right back and so her husband quickly catches, "Its not like she mean it. It just happened that someone had heard them talking about you and twisted what they said." Dr. Shin said calmly but with conviction.

Pi-young just huffed in disbelieve on how her ex-husband was putting an act to protect Ami. Nam Ga-bin then tried to follow up some explanation, "I know you won't believe anything we will say from here on, but we didn't really intend to damage you or malign your name. We just happened to talked about Song Won that day. We didn't know that someone will do something like this."

"Why the hell would you talk about someone like that behind her back? I didn't even do anything to both of you."

"Jagi, calm down." Sa-hyeon said while rubbing his wife's back.

"How will I? When these women think that I did their friend wrong!"

"Its not like that." Ami finally speaks up. "We are sad about what happened to our friend. Everyday we are thinking why should it happened to her? Song Won unni was not just a friend to us. She's also a sister to us. She was a good person. She did nothing wrong but to fall in love. Is it a sin? When you did that to her, did it ever occur to you what will happen to a pregnant woman if she becomes stress? Does it even occur to you what might it brought her to? You don't even look at other's pain. You only thought about yourself. How can we smile upon you if we knew what you did? You didn't even apologize to her."

Pi-young was about to charge into the conversation when Lee Si-eun holds her hand to stop her, but then the oldest female in the room fireaway, "Does your friend apologize to Bu Hye-ryoung?" Everyone suddenly went silent. Park Hae-ryun just looked at her ex-wife. "Did it even occur to your friend that the wife of the man she said she fell in love with was having a hard time shedding blood on her own? Did you even know what kind of stress that your friend gave her during those times? Bu Hye-ryoung fought hard. She even tried her best to keep her marriage, but she didn't suceed and let it go. Your friend killed Bu Hye-ryoung first, yet here you are, asking her if she understands." Lee Si-eun's eyes were fixed at Ami.

"But does it justified what she did in her press conference?" Ami tried to reason out.

"Bu Hye-ryoung doesn't have anything to do with Song Won's death." Pan Sa-hyeon speak up, "She wasn't stress and we didn't even meet Bu Hye-ryoung since our divorce. How did you even come up with that kind of thinking?"

"It was all twisted." Park Hae-ryun replied. "As Dr. Shin said earlier, Nam Ga-bin and Ami didn't diretcly said that it was Hye-ryoung-ssi who killed Song Won. The reporter just twisted it to get attention just like they do everyday."

"Are we just going to ignore the fact that they were talking about Bu Hye-ryoung like that without even knowing the truth?" Pi-young finalkg aired her concerns. "They even tried to paint her bad to my brother-in-law's."

"De? We didn't mean to put it that way." Nam Ga-bin trying to defend themselves. "We just told Seo Ban-ssi that everything she sajd at the presscon was wrong. That she was the one who asked fro everything."

"And you didn't consider why I did what i did?" Hye-ryoung cried, "I decided that because I knew that I can't win against the kid! Do you even know what I am feeling after I signed up that divorce paper? You know nothing! I was losing my mind thinking about what might happened. I even threw myself and forget even my pride just to take revenge and make Pan Sa-hyeon-ssi that I can also be happy without him. Do you people even know how much I suffered because of mistresses like you two?!"

Lee Si-eun and Sa Pi-young jolted when Bu Hye-ryoung called Nam Ga-bin and Ami mistresses. Even the professor and the doctor were surprised.

"Bu Hye-ryoung, I think you are surpassing your-" but the doctor was quickly cut by Hye-ryoung?

"Wae? Am I wrong? Everything that I said was right. They are mistresses who broke a family." Nam Ga-bin finally broke to tears. "Why do I have to suffer once again just because of people like you?" Si-eun closed her eyes trying to calm down too while Sa Pi-young was holding her anger too with her hand balling into the table. "Why do I have to take this bull from people who robbed other woman to have a happy and complete family? Don't you even have a slightest common sense inside you?"

"Its enough!" Park Hae-ryun trying to intervene. "I think you have enough. They were here to apologize for what they have done. You don't need to bring back the past."

"Park-seongsaengnim is right. Can we just talk about the real problem now?" Shin Yu shin said.

"Wae? Does it hurt you?" Pi-young ironically said. "Does it hurt your pride hearing what you have done?"

"Sa Pi-young-ssi, can you-"

"You want me to shut up? I am not your wife and I am not taking any bull from you. Why don't you try and teach Ami what she should and should not do or say? Instead of putting words into my mouth?"

"Kumanhae."

"Ani. Everything that Hye-ryoung said was true. Is it that hard to swallow?"

"Jia eomma, can we not gas the fire now? There is no need to keep on dragging the past in here." The professor said.

"Then why do they even talked about their friend's hardship without even thinking about what misfortunes they have brought into others life?" Lee Si-eun answered her ex-husband strongly. "If they really wanted to live their life honestly then they shouldn't talk about the people they have robbed a life from."

"Lee Si-eun."

"I already told you, my name is off limits to you." Si-eun darted a deep glare towards Park Hae-ryun. "From all of the people in here, you by all means, have no rights in anyway to call me by my name."

"De. I know that. But what good does regrets will do at times like these?"

"You should have learn how to live quietly. Why are you people feel the need to talk about people that you hurt?"

"I'm sorry." Ami said. "I'm sorry! I'm really sorry! I really didn't mean to say all those words. I really didn't mean to hurt Bu Hye-ryoung-ssi and Jeongbin. I was just frustrated at what happened to Song won unni. I just can't shake off the fact that she should be the one raising her child and get married with Jeongbin appa. I just can't shake off the bitterness that unni died just like that. But believe me, I reslly didn't mean to make this thing so big like this. The news were twisted. We didn't really said that you caused her death."

"Its too late. The news won't be corrected now. Everything goes haywire." Sa Pi-young said.

Bu Hye-ryoung stands up, "I can't do this anymore. If you are really sorry about what you did, you will do something to tell the public about it."

"De?" Nam Ga-bin and Ami looked at each other. "You mean a pressconference?"

"You think about it. I can't stand breathing the same air as you two. Its making me so sick." Pi-young and Si-eun stood up too and so as the others.

The door opens and the servers went in with the food, "You guys should stay. The food will still be served." Lee Si-eun.

"How can we eat in this kind of situation?" Park Hae-ryun said.

"Then tell them to pack it. We got to go."

A little moment later Seo Ban entered the room to check them in, "Are you done?" He asked his wife seeing how all of them were standing up. Dong-ma followed his hyung.

"Therr's nothing to talk about here." Hye-ryoung said. "They are just trying to justified what they have done. We're going home, Sa-hyeon-ssi." Hye-ryoung then walked out the room.

"In anyway, I will have to tell you that we will file cases against everyone that is involve in this spreading this news." Pan Sa-hyeon said with conviction. Lee Si-eun and Sa Pi-young were both surprised when they heard of it and looked at each other before looking at Bu Hye-ryoung who was seemingly surprised too.

"De?" Park Hae-ryun replied in surprised, "Do you really need to take it that far just becausw of a misunderstanding?"

"Its not just a misunderstanding. Its clear that they intended to hurt my wife's name and career."

"They already said they didn't mean it and everything that was written were twisted for controversy." Shin Yu-shin answered.

"We're going now." Pan Sa-hyeon bid goodbye and guided his wife out of the room.

"The car that picked you up will drive you back home. Use it anyhow you want for today." Si-eun offered Bu Hye-ryoung and Pan Sa-hyeon which the couple accepted before they left.

"Ah, you are still not eating?" Seo Dong-ma asked Sa Pi-young after he walked closely behind her.

"Ani. Its not like we can even chew in times like this." Pi-young said.

"Are you not feeling well?"

"Anio. Where did you get that?"

At their side, Seo Ban and Lee Si-eun were speaking almost whispering with each other. On the other side of the table were like bystanders watching over the couples. Seo Ban looked at Park Hae-ryun and greeted the man which the professor replied to.

"If you you guys have nothing else to talk about, we should have our lunch somewhere else." Seo Ban told Lee Si-eun.

"Hyung is right. We should eat somewhere that you both can relax." Dong-ma agreed.

The 2 couples left the room leaving Nam Ga-bin, Park Hae-ryun, Ami and Shin Yu-sin.

When Pan Sa-hyeon and Bu Hye-ryoung arrived at their home, Hye-ryoung dashed to their bedroom drove in madness.

"What happened?" His mother asked.

"Nothing good. They only made it complicated." Sa-hyeon answered before he went to the kitchen to get some water. His parents followed him.

"What do you mean? Hye-ryoung looked angrier than before." Chairman Pan said.

"Ami was trying to justified what she said against Hye-ryoung. It only went haywire. I got no choice but to press charges against them."

"Ami? You mean Song Won's friend?"

"You knew her?"

"De. She visited Jeongbin before. She said she was as close as sister to Song Won."

"She even said that we can count on her as Jeongbin's real aunt." Her mother continued. "I didn't know that she would do something like this."

"I'm worried about Hye-ry-" they heard a loud noise coming from the couple's bedroom. Something fell. Quickly, Sa-hyeon ran to check for his wife and found her lying on the floor with a wound on her forehead. "Hye-ryoung-a!"

A/N: always used shift+enter if you are going to do or make a new paragraph... let the credits remain...just pm me for the code that is if you want to use this one...

layout by: mambokinoki