I Don't Mind the Rain

4Ever

 

I never realized how much I said crap lol. Also shoutout to those who know and play the Ace Attorney games. A certain spiky haired lawyer gets brought up, hehe. Also another thing was referenced but unless you played the game you won’t get it lol. Anyways, enjoy.

____________________________________________________________________________

Immediately I jump back into the rental and start internally fighting myself.

Should I say something? 

No, Gayoon just walk past him. 

Why would you do that? Here’s your opportunity, Gayoonie. TALK TO HIM.

What if he thinks I’m weird? I’m already soaking wet, with running makeup, and while he probably won’t see this or know this, my feet hurt. 

Stop whining and just talk to him.

I am going to regret this. After taking a few deep breaths, more like a ton of deep breaths I somehow gained the confidence to talk to him. Alright Gayoonie, just relax and think he’s a normal human being and not a handsome angel of a man. After coming out of the car again, I slowly walked up to him. His cologne with his cigarette smoke really did not make it easier for me, plus the rain smell made him smell divine.

“Um, annyeonghaseyo," I somehow stuttered out.

After raising his head up deep from his phone and noticing me, “Oh, annyeonghaseyo,” he replied back in his husky tone, which he then turned his attention back into his phone, then proceeded to look up at me again and to ask, “You’re Gayoon yes? From the group 4Minute?”

HE KNOWS ME! Okay Gayoonie, do not panic and more importantly, DO NOT RUIN THIS!

“Umm yes.. You, know me and my group?” I replied starstruck. 

“ I do,” he smiled, “ Why would I not? You guys are very talented, it’s honestly a shame you guys did not win.”

“Oh wow…. Thank you sunbaenim, your praise… is umm very appreciated,” What the hell Gayoonie he isn’t your superior at work. I’m already mentally slamming my head in the wall. Talk to him normally, Gayoonie. “So why are you outside if I could ask?”

“Hmm, oh, “ he says in a chuckle, “ahh, Daesung and Seungri are a little too hyper for me,” he says in a light chuckle, “drunk karaoke does that to people.”

“While I’m sure that’s a large part of the reason, I feel like that’s not the full story,” I say, trying to relax and making a small chuckle.

“Well, there’s a bidding on this marble bust that I am trying to win but this other bidder is making it very difficult.” he says looking deeper in his phone, “damn it, we’re already at  12,146,700.00 won, but, bidding closes in two minutes,“ he says while I can see his smirk rising. 

“Go, sunbaenim, go,” I say, giving him a cheerleader tone.

“While I love the cheer, I’d prefer you don’t call me sunbaenim, I'm still young, just call me Seung” and then his normal smirk went to a victory smirk, “ And…….. Yes!”

“Did somebody win?” I say with a hopeful smile.

“That same somebody got a pure marble bust for only 12,146,01.00 won,” he says with a little fistpump. He put out his cigarette and looked over to me, “Now then, how about we celebrate,” 

“Did you mean.. to the afterparty?”
“If you want but let’s be honest, both of us are soaking wet and can not go back inside looking like this,” he says pointing at us both, while laughing, “if you want, there’s a delicious place around the corner that serves some pretty nice dim sum, a friend recommended it to me.”

“Oh….um” Do it Gayoonie, “but what about the girls,” c’mon this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, “but….,” do it, okay. 

“Sure lemme just tell the girls,” I said, taking my phone out and sending a message to the group chat. Immediately the dings blew up, maybe shouldn’t have mentioned who he was to the chat. After sending a message and putting my phone away in my purse. I looked to him to head out so we can get out of this now very intense rain. “Did you want to take your car… or?”

“What is more comfortable for you?”

“Umm let’s take my car, or well my rental,” I say with an awkward laugh. Gayoonie focus. 

“Sure, I’ll drive?,” he said while walking to my car

“Yea,” we walked back to the rental and went inside the car. And at that moment, I slipped into the car. Literally, of all times. I opened the door and then my heel snapped. Literally, of all times.

“Oh my God are you alright?” He asked with concern and helped me up on the seat. “Today seems to not be your day, “ he joked while starting up the car and pulling out.

“How can you tell?” I say while rubbing my thigh. Remember when we said we were not going to mess this up Gayoonie? Not now inner me.

“Well, you are soaking wet, hair is frizzled and puffy, and your eyeliner is running, and now your heel snapped on your shoe resulting in you to fall flat on the chair, and your feet probably do hurt a lot, should I go on?” He smirked.

That smirk needs to happen more. A lot more. “No no, no need, Seung, I get the point,” I say pointing my hand out to hush him. “But what about you hmm? You are also soaking wet so there,” I said triumphantly.

“Objection!” He said with a mock attorney tone.

“You did not Phoenix Wright me, Choi Seung-hyun,” I said with a mock disciplinary voice. Alright Gayoonie, confidence and jokes.

“One, I did, and two, my objection still stands, I chose to come outside, I quite like the rain, actually I love the rain, the fresh air, the cold and clean water, the whole feeling of a good rain is perfect.”

“Fair enough I suppose”

For a while we just did these banters back and forth, it was nice. Just nice Gayoonie? It was perfect. I loved every minute of it. I should thank Jiyoon for this opportunity after I slap her for getting me stuck in the first place. Speaking of which, poor Sohyun went from worried to very curious. I am going to be bothered all night when I get back. As I am already thinking of their questions, my thoughts get interrupted when Seung shouts out. 

“And we are here,” he says happily while parking.

I look out to see the restaurant, The Golden Koi, dim sum and tea. The place looked closed. Lights were off, curtains closed, but I could still smell the food and it smells delicious, really good. So good that my stomach rumbled. Real smooth Gayoonie.

“Um, Seung the place looks closed,”

“I did say my friend showed me the place, it’s because he owns it,”

“Oooooh, that’s really cool.” “So you’re a VIP,” I joked to him.

“Indeed,” he says proudly. “Let’s go.”

As he exits his side, and opens my door, he knocks on the door and a buff man wearing a tank top covered in tattoos and chains opens the door.

“We’re closed can’t you read the sig-,” he starts grumpy then he realizes who it is, “Seung!” “Come inside sailóu(cantonese word for brother), come come,” he says happily ushering us inside. Walking inside the restaurant is beautiful but small.

“How do you know this man Seung?” I asked/

“Let me answer that for you,” the man jumps in, “My name is Conrad by the way,” he greets.

“Sailóu here invested in me when he was here in Hong Kong on a personal trip, back then I had a small cart, now I own one of the most popular restaurants in northern Hong Kong!” He says gleefully.

“His food is delicious. Gayoon you must try it,” Seung says while getting us a table next to the koi tank.

As I sat down, I was so glad to have come. Dumplings, dumpling soup, wonton, and so much more. And the tea was so delicious and comforting on such a rainy day. I have to take the girls here before we leave Hong Kong. The afterparty may have had rich catering but this, this is true food of Hong Kong, and I’ll take this food over any catering any day. I even took some for the road so the girls could try it. His steamed buns with beef were so delicious, and the vegetable dumplings were to die for. 

After trying so hard to give Conrad some sort of monetary reward, be it full payment or tip, he declined every time and instead gave me more food to take in return.

“No need to do such a thing gege(cantonese for sister), any friend of my sailóu is any friend of mine,” he told me happily.

 He wished us both a good night and we left with some leftovers and green tea. I was getting sleepy, it was already one thirty in the morning and I had a long but good day. My eyes were getting heavier and having Seung’s smell, made me feel safer, which in turn made my eyes even more heavy.

Seung noticed this and he drove me back to my hotel. As he parked in the parking lot, we reached in front of my door ready to part ways.

“I had a lot of fun today Seung, thank you,” I said happily while tired.

“I did too, it was nice meeting you Gayoon,” 

We did it Gayoonie. “Yea it was amazing, thank you for everything,”

“It was nothing,”

“Wait, I never got your number or anything.” “Could I have it please Seung, I would love to do this again,” I asked hopefully. I know Seung is the most private and mysterious of all of BIGBANG, but I was praying.

“Oh, of course yes, I would love to have another day, maybe we can go to a place that you love back in Seoul,” he said while entering his number into my phone.

“Yes that would be amazing,” I thought dreamily and maybe it came out too much like that too.

“Goodnight Gayoon,”

“Goodnight Seung,” I said. And with that he turned away I could feel my heart flutter but also beat sadly. Begging him to come back. 

Suddenly my phone dinged. You have thirty-two unread texts and seven miss calls. And as I read the message I realized something. We took our rental. Which means the rest of 4minute does not have a car. Ohh crap. OOOH Gayoonie is in trouble, shut up inner me. Well becareful what you wish for Gayoonie.

“Seung,” I called out a little too worried in my voice.

He turned around fast from the sound of my distress, awwwwnn he does care, “What’s wrong?” he said, worried.

I explained my genius realization to him and he started laughing.

“You know I was going to ask how was I supposed to get back to my hotel?” he said laughing even more.

Oh lord Gayoonie. We both went back into the rental to get back to our respective groups. I told Seung I was gonna close my eyes as we drove back and as I dozed off in the seat, all I could think of was this amazing day, and, Seung.