December in Gangnam

4Ever

 

 

Date Night!!…. Well for one person at least or maybe two hehe. Next chapter we’ll go back to Gayoon’s POV.

 

2013, December 06 Thursday, 20:30

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay Seung, we have one hour before its time, let's review; outfit, check, location, check, general plan, check, and a clear and confident mind, no way. Time for a cigarette then.

So I went to my backyard to sit by my pool and took out a nice new cigarette, at this point I don’t know if it’s the nicotine or something else that calms me by using them, I personally think it is because I like my routine. First I always take my lighter and flick it two times to make sure it works, secondly then I pull out the cigarette and prop it into my mouth, third I light the cigarette and take a nice long drag and then immediately inhale the smell of them. This routine is what helps me, helps me relax, helps me clear my head, after this routine I feel more at ease, the anxiousness has dissipated and my nerves flow away. Only once I did not do the routine right and I ended up making myself worse. This routine is what I need. 

Calm, …calm, …calm, deep breath, inhale, exhale, inhale and exhale. 

“This proves it,,” I said aloud to myself.

What does? My mind asked back.

“I want some sort of feeling for her, even if it is just out of nowhere, my amount of worry proves this.” “If this was any other meetup with a friend then I wouldn’t be this stressed when  in reality I am extremely stressed.”

Maybe so.

“Indeed so, even if she is not interested and I would not be surprised but I need to try,” I said aloud confidently.

Good luck.

Going inside with a new sense of confidence, I got dressed after deciding to go with the hoodie and fur bomber jacket and joggers with high tops, nice mix of fancy and casual. Adding a touch of Hugo Boss cologne, I felt ready. Completely ready. I went downstairs and got into my BMW, Germans have class, what can I say, and opened my phone.

S: Leaving rn

G: Great ;)

S: Hope ur ready for a fun time cuz ur showing me around >:)

G: wouldnt have it any other way :))

S: perfect

G: see u thenn 

Pulling out of my driveway, I my heater and got ready for my half an hour drive. 

21:00 —-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a very packed ride, you just had to pick a Friday didn’t you, I finally arrived at her flat. Half way through the drive however it started to snow and it started to snow hard. Hopefully it doesn't ruin things. Pulling up on her driveway she was already there waving to me. God almighty if I didn’t think she was cute before, seeing her all bundled up and happy would have changed my mind right then and there. Unlocking my car doors and reaching over to open the door for her she quickly invited herself in as she dusted the snow off of her.

“Was not expecting it to snow,” she said laughing.

“Sorry about that, neither was I.”

“Oh don’t apologize you didn’t make it snow, unless you did?” “Are you magic Seung?” She said motioning her fingers to make it look like she was reading a crystal ball.

“If I was, I would never tell, haven’t you heard, magicians never reveal their secrets,” I said with a proud smirk. Nice comeback, how long did it take you to think of that one? “I must ask though as our designated driver, where are we going?”

“Oh okay so I thought since you showed me an amazing food place, I thought I’d bring you to this small ice cream store in the Gangnam district.” “I love it, the desserts there are all homemade, even the ice cream, and they have cakes, cookies, and even drinks.” 

“Music to my ears, although ice cream with snow,” I laughed.

“Shut up,” she slaps my arm playfully, “It was not supposed to snow.”

“I’m kidding, I cannot wait, I bet it is delicious.”

“Oh it is.” She said proudly.

As I drove, I realized the snow was getting heavier and a certain someone was getting colder, even with the heat cranked all the way up.

“Do you want my jacket Gayoon?”

“Umm no its okay, you need to stay warm.”

“Don’t worry the cold is my friend plus I have a hoodie under.” 

“Well if you insist.” 

And with that I slipped off my jacket at a red light and handed it to her and she wrapped it on her shoulders. So damn cute. 

“Thank you,” she smelled the collar of the fur, “It smells great by the way.”

“Ooh look I can see it,” she shouted pointing, well attempting to point, my jacket may have been too heavy.

And with that I parked and we got down. We walked in and damn if it did not smell good there. Fresh baked dough, with the smell of fresh cold ice cream, I wanted to stay and never leave. I wanted everything but since my job would prevent me from looking like a human balloon sadly I could not. And with that I settled for peanut butter and caramel with cookie dough in it, while she got pistachio and mocha with chocolate sauce on top. We also both got too iced coffees, mine hazelnut and hers vanilla. Apparently the food is made to order and the cashier handed us a pager to alert us when our order was ready, and with that we found a table next to the window and sat.

“So I have to ask if it’s okay?” She started.

“Go ahead.”

“In your career, more in your group, have you ever felt overshadowed?”

“At times, why?” “Do you feel this feeling?”

“Yea, a lot of us and by a lot I mean all of us, feel like Hyuna is more favored, I don’t have anything against her but sometimes it does hurt us, like we are not important enough or valued enough.” “Sorry I should not bring this up.”

“No no it’s okay, I’ve had experiences like that before early in BigBang, not to the level of you versus Hyuna but at times a lot of the focus was on Jiyong due to him being the leader.”

“Yea but he’s the leader, Hyuna is not.”

“Fair point.”

Our pager was beeping telling us that our order was ready and I got up to get it. I thanked our server and took our ice cream and drinks and just the smell was getting me too excited. Returning back to our table I handed her her order and we both dug in, and tasted each other’s food while we were at it. 

“Oh my God Seung this is so delicious, see wasn’t I right?”

“You were indeed, ten points for Ravenclaw.”

“Ravenclaw?” “And what house are you in, good sir?” She said with a mock British accent.

“Slytherin, madam” I replied back in a cockney accent. Even after the Harry Potter references I can tell she was still sad about our conversation before.

“Listen Gayoon, it , it does but the overwhelming majority of all your fans are there for all of you not just Hyuna.” I said, trying to cheer her up.

“Yea but,” she stopped and took a breath and sniffled as she held my jacket tighter subtly, “it’s not fair, we work just as hard as her, yet no matter what we still get pushed to the back, even Jihyun and she’s the leader.” “Oh lord sorry, I ruined a good moment with my problems, I just thought since you had more experience, that I could ask,”

“And you can, Gayoon I want to help, listen. We've known each other shortly but I’ve found I enjoy my time with you more than ever,” I said as I stopped speaking, like my mind caught up to what I just said. And with that I panicked internally, we were not ready Seung. 

“Really?” She said with a little bit of shock with her tone.

“Absolutely.” I said, trying to recompose myself. “If you ever need help with anything, you can rely on me.”

And with that she sniffled one more time but smiled, “Thank you Seung.”

“C’mon I want to show you something outside really quick,” I said getting up.

“Oh, okay,” she said, confused as she got up as well.

I led her outside and instructed her to close her eyes, as she did I made a snowball and tossed it at her.

“Choi Seung-hyun how dare you,” she said in mock anger, “five thousand points from Slytherin,” she said with her accent back.

I threw another at her and with that we had a war on our hands. Although I had a headstart she had the speed of a machine gun, and after five minutes and the cashier asking if we still wanted our orders we called a truce to get our food back before it was tossed. After that we got back into the warm car and she thought that we were heading home but I had one more trick on my sleeve.

“Hey I want to show you a place I like, is that okay?”

“Of course, as long as there are no surprise attacks,” she said, drinking her coffee.

“No no don’t worry,” I said smiling.

Not that far from the ice cream store, is a secluded area that I drive to calm down. It used to be a luxury park under construction but the park was canceled and they never cleared the area. But I was lucky enough to put a bid down and now I own it. And a lot was completed before cancellation. And under the blanket of snow it would look beautiful. In a short five minutes I got off the paved road and drove through the trees to reveal my park. We both got out and I unlocked the gate and showed her in.

“Wow,” she looked in awe. In front were pine trees, fresh grass, little fish ponds with a small waterfall, decorative rocks, and a nice little area under the largest pine tree where we went to sit. “Seung, this is beautiful.” 

I felt proud when she said that. I work hard to keep this little park perfect and since it’s an isolated secret no one has ever been able to admire the work of art I maintain, it’s one of the few items I’m proud of.

“Thank you.” And with that I told her the entire story of the park.

“Can we just sit here for a little, just to breathe, even with all the snow, I feel perfect right now.” She said as she got comfy against the pine tree and closed her eyes, and used my jacket as a blanket.

“Yea, yes we can.” I said getting comfortable as well.

“I had a fun day today, like last time.”

“Me too Gayoon, anytime you want we can hang out.”

“I’d like that.”

“So would I.”