Cold Shoulder and Warm Thoughts

4Ever

 

I hope you guys enjoyed the date as much as I enjoyed writing it, let us continue on. Tension will rise.

------------------------Gayoon’s POV-----------------------

Darkness. Darkness and… colors? Pain and soreness, scratchiness? What? What am I feel- *cough*. Oh now I know. Warmth and frozen at the same time. This is pure suffering. God almighty -*achoo* help me. Wait? Cologne? Cold leather? Fur? Is this Seung’s jacket from last night? *ACHOO* son of a - *achoo*. Ughhhh. How can this get any more wor-

“Good morning Gayoon!!”

I guess that’s how. It turns out the voice that assaulted my agonizing thoughts was none other than my other half in 2yoon, Jiyoon. I held my blankets closer to me and Seung’s jacket. It was fresh in my mind.

We pulled back up to my place as he was ready to drop me off. The snow was already getting more packed onto the ground, completely making the street and sidewalk pure white.

“You sure its okay?” I asked Seung about his jacket.

“Yea it’s no problem, I have many like it, plus looking at that walk back to your door, you probably need it otherwise Frosty the snowman will become Frosty the 4Minute singer.”

I pushed his arm again and smiled, “Thank you then, and thanks for that talk we had earlier, it helped.”

“Of course, always stay strong in this industry, don't let anyone push you aside or tell you what you can or cannot do in your life, stay firm and humble and you’ll fly forward.”

“I will, we gotta do this again.”

“For sure.”

“Bye Seung.”

“Bye Gayoon.”

And at that moment as I left his car, I felt a pang of sadness to see him go. It was foolish to think of these thoughts right now, they could jeopardize my career and his career. Plus, he probably has more people he’d rather be with. 

As if God sent me a sign, a chilly pleasant sign, a windy breeze blew towards me, making me hold his jacket closer to me and to hug the fur collar closer to my neck. His jacket…. His jacket….hmmm. Maybe he does care. And with that thought I smiled to myself and went inside to get ready for a warm sleep.

“So Gayoon, we thought we’d all visit for breakfast,” Jiyoon once again interrupted my thoughts. And as I saw all of our group walk into my apartment, suddenly I now felt very cramped.

“As nice as that sounds, I’m afraid *achoo* - will have to put a damper on your plans.”

“Oh, Gayoon let me make you some soup,” Sohyun jumped in.

“She gets soup and we don’t get breakfast?” Jiyoon said mock offended.

“Don’t stress yourself Sohyun, you do not need *achoo* to make any soup.” I said, trying  to not remind Sohyun that she is a fake mother for the group. “*Achooo*” I sneezed again, rubbing my nose into Seung’s jacket, and with that action, it caught the attention of our fearless leader.

“Oh Gayoon, did you always own a jacket like that?” Jihyun asked, “I’ve never seen you in it?”

“Oh no it’s just a- *achoo* friend’s *achoo*-” I didn’t get to finish as Jiyoon finished for me.

“Oh my God!!” Jiyoon said with a big smile on her face, “It’s Seung’s isn’t it?” And with her sentence all eyes were on me.

“Umm, I *achoo* need to, um, … yes.” I hate when they put me into these situations. “It was snowing last night.”

“Wait,” Hyuna jumped in, “Who is Seung?”

“Just a *achoo* fri-*achoo* -end.”

“Aww Gayoon, you met a guy?” Hyuna said happy for me.

“Well not exact- *achoo* -ly,” I tried to defend myself weakly.

“Alright, soup and breakfast is ready,” Sohyun said, bringing a big tray of food into my bedroom.

“Wait so tell us about him, Gayoon,” Hyuna said as we all started reaching out for the food.

“He’s *achoo* just a *achoo* friend that I *achoo* met.” This cold will be the death of me.

“Well he must be loaded if he gave you a jacket with that quality,” Hyuna added, “And the cologne and subtle smoke smell on it is very old school if you ask me.” “You didn’t start dating an old man did you, Gayoon?” Hyuna said laughing, and with that everyone else did as well except for Sohyun who merely smiled.

“What!?” I said getting red, “I *achoo* did so *achoo* not one, date an old man, and two date anyone, we just *achoo* *achoo* hung out.”

“Ugh come down Hyuna, she met him at MAMA back a couple years ago,” Jiyoon added on, but the face I gave her made her regret it.

“Wait what?” Hyuna asked, “Gayoon, is he an idol?”

I gave Jiyoon a look saying “thank you very much, I hate you,” and with that I inhaled and said“Yes Hyuna he is.” “He’s from BIGBANG.”

“Wait what!? Hyuna replied shocked, “Gayoon, Seung as in Choi Seung-Hyun?”

“Yes.”

“Gayoon you can’t be with him, think of our career, if paparazzi or tabloids got pictures of you two together–,” 

“Woah woah, one *achoo* we are not dating, two, I can be with whoever I want to be with even if I was dating him, Hyuna,” I said actually annoyed. I could not believe that she said such a thing to me

“Gayoon, you know how critics are here, they’ll rip at you and him, and us, okay this could be very harmful to our career, and the higher ups here would not-”

“Well then scr-*achoo*-ew the higher ups,” I said, getting up now.

“Okay how about we just eat,” Sohyun said trying to calm down the tension.

“No, hold on, Hyuna, you can’t control my personal life,” I said remembering his words “... or tell you what you can or cannot do in your life.” “If I want to be with him I will be with him and that’s final, and it’s non of your damn *achoo* business.”

“So you do admit you want to be with him,” Hyuna said, ignoring my point entirely.

“Fine, yes Hyuna, I do, but what do you care, for all you know he probably doesn't want to be with me,” 

“C’mon Gayoon he gave you his freaking jacket and you snuggle it and you huddle with it for this entire conversation,” she said, “And yes it is my business because it can harm the entire group, the tabloids would eat us and spit us up.” 

“Okay,” Jihyun jumped in, “That’s enough both of you, Hyuna you can’t control Gayoon’s life, and Gayoon for everyone’s sake, if you do want to be with him please just be careful, agreed?”

“I’ll be careful *achoo*,” I said wanting to get this stupid conversation over with.

“Fine,” Hyuna said with the same intention as me.

All of us just sat in silence. Jiyoon looked at me and mouthed “I’m sorry,” and I mouthed back “It’s okay.” It wasn’t her fault, none of us expected Hyuna to blow up like that. We’re all close to each other and we always agree to share stuff among each other with no judgement.

 Eventually I broke the silence by saying, “Sohyun by the way, the food was delicious *achoo* thank *achoo* you.”

“Oh of course thank you Gayoon.”

“Yes it was very delicious,” Jiyoon jumped in. And right after her, Jihyun and Hyuna.

“Anyways, we should all get going,” Jihyun said getting up, “Gayoon we’ll see you at the dance room?”

“Probably but I’ll call if I can’t *achoo* make *achoo* it.”

“Maybe it’s better you stay and rest,” Jihyun said laughing.

“Yea.”

“Anyways bye,” she said as they all started to leave.

“Bye, I’ll see you all soon.” I noticed Jiyoon staying last.

“Is something wrong Jiyoon?”

“I just wanted to apologize,” She said looking sad. “I wouldn’t have opened my mouth if I knew Hyuna was gonna act like a about that.”

“It’s not your fault, and well it’s not entirely Hyuna’s either, she just worries about her career.”

“I guess but she didn’t have to be so mean to you about it.”

“*Achoo* yea.”

“I hope you go for him Gayoon, from the way he makes you smile in those texts you send me, I think you should at least try.”

“Hah, *achoo* thanks Jiyoon, I don’t know, maybe I will.”

“You really should.”

*RIIINNG* Jiyoon’s phone went off, “Ahh I guess I’m needed,” she said smiling. “Listen Gayoon you deserve to be happy so I really think you should do this, screw what Hyuna says.”

“Thanks, Jiyoon, see you at 2Yoon practice?”

“Always, guess you aren’t coming to 4Minute practice.”

“Nah *achoo* I should let Hyuna cool down from her diva moment.”

“Yea-,” RIINNNNG* “They just won’t stop.”

“Bye Jiyoon.”

“Bye Gayoon.”

And with that she left. And I really thought about what she said. I want to be with him, what do I have to lose? He would just reject me and that’s that. Right?