This Could Be Something

4Ever

 

 

Seoul, Korea, 2013 

Enjoy guys and gals.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sleep is an amazing thing. When you can actually fall asleep. It feels amazing on your body. The problem with sleep however, is that whenever you do fall asleep and get comfortable something immediately has to ruin it. Loud cars, sirens, loud dogs barking, people having parties or just being loud at the eve of tomorrow, or in my case, being with people in a dance room on break time.

“GAYOON, wake up!” A very recognizable voice, named Jiyoon screams out to me. “Naptime is over!”

Ahh sleep, maybe one day we can be reunited with no interruption. I get up from the floor yawning. This mid-break nap did not help my jetlag. God I wish the executives would give us a break. Sometimes I wish I had a job where I can just “call out” for a day.

“Gayoon c’mon the sooner we’re done the sooner we can leave,” Sohyun says sympathetically as she helps me up. “Jihyun’s almost back with lunch.”

“It’s no Golden Koi,” I mumbled to myself with another yawn following. I hated that I couldn't go back to take the group to the Golden Koi. Maybe Conrad has an international food delivery service. Highly doubt that Gayonie. Hey, a girl can dream. “Where’s Hyuna?” 

“The executives wanted to talk to her about projects for us,” Sohyun said as she fixed her hair on her phone camera.

“But Jihyun’s our leader why won’t they talk to her?” I asked although I already knew the answer. We all knew and Jiyoon snorting in the corner solidified that. While Jihyun may be our leader, we all know Hyuna is the face of our group. Whenever the execs had something juicy or anything big they told her first than Jihyun. And we all knew that it hurt Jihyun. The worst part is that none of this is Hyuna’s fault, she just had more fame than us before 4Minute, but sometimes it did hurt because we become “Hyuna and those other girls.” It is what it is Gayoonie. I blame CUBE, they don’t seem to respect us at all and just prioritize Hyuna. And they do it blatantly, anytime something new is proposed Hyuna is the face of whatever the project could be, and she isn’t even the leader of our group. 

“By the way Gayoon, we need to do practice for 2Yoon as well,” Jiyoon said while we waited. 

I nodded in response, 2Yoon was nice, it was a fun project, for once not focused on Hyuna, hush inner me. And I think Jyoon and I click and have good chemistry together in the group but right now, I didn’t want to stay extra or do anything extra. I wanted to talk to him. From what he told me earlier their group landed a day earlier than us, but YG allowed BIGBANG a week off. Lucky, bastards, “hey that’s not nice”, I didn’t mean it in that way, “sure inner me”, sure. 

“I’m here with our dinner,” Jihyun said happily while walking in, then she stopped and looked around, “Hyuna isn’t back yet?”

“Nope, but I’m here and grabbing my dinner,” Jiyoon said while fishing for her food.’

Jihyun just smiled and shook her head. But I could tell it was bothering her that Hyuna is still gone talking to the executives. Hope everything is alright.  

“Well, I guess our practice is just gonna have to be cut short, if Hyuna isn’t back by the time we’re done,” Jihyun said with a sigh.

Fair enough, by the way send him a pic of your food Gayoonie, like couples do. We are not couples. Whatever party pooper, just send it. Inner me was right it would be a good convo starter. Taking a picture with me in it, I sent it to him and I awaited a response.

“By the way Gayoon,” Jiyoon starts with a smirk, “you never told us about your date with BIGBANG’s star rapper.” 

“Ooh yea, you ditched us for him,” Jihyun joined in with a playful smirk as well.

“C’mon Gayoon you absolutely cannot not tell us what happened,” Sohyun encouraged.

“Wow, I feel attacked and it was small alright, and it was not a date!” I said trying to save myself horribly.

“ Every party needs a pooper, that's why they invited you. Party pooper! Party pooperrrrr!” Jiyoon said with noodles in .

“Jiyoon, how dare you?” I said with a mock offended tone. “But ughhh, fine, I will tell you about that day.”

I began to tell them everything, the rain, the bad luck, the art, the restaurant, it kinda all slipped out. But honestly it was nice to get everything off my chest. But it also led to billions of questions. “Did he ask for my number,” “did he eat a lot,” “did he pay for the food,” I laughed at that one. But when Jihyun asked if he knew me it brought a smile to my face. Because he knew me, he knew all of us.

“Yes” I said with a bright smile, “He knew me at first sight, he knew us.”

“Oh my God, for real?!” Sohyun asked with so much enthusiasm and curiosity.

“Yup, he knew me, Jiyoon, Jihyun, Sohyun, and Hyuna,” wow the cries of happiness are real now, inner me hush for the last time, fine fine. “He even said we deserved to win at MAMA.”

“Wow, imagine if we got help from BIGBANG,” Jiyoon said starstruck, “Gayoon, tell him to shout us out.”

“One, we’re in two different companies. I'm pretty sure there’s rules, two I don’t want to take advantage of him, he’s a really great guy and…” I went silent there regretting to add the and.

“Oh my God, Gayoon do you like him?” Jihyun asked in realization.
“She totally does!” Jiyoon added in.

My face went red and I felt cornered, it was just harmless teasing but this was something else when it was the truth. I didn’t want this to come from this conversation. Shoulda seen it coming Gayoonie.

“Oh, Gayoon, there is nothing to be ashamed about,” Sohyun added when she saw my blush.

“Yea for sure, we can help you,” Jiyoon said.

“Um, I should think about-” my phone ding interrupted me, and we all looked to it.

He replied. 

S: Looks delicious ;)

G: Thanks, I would love to go to another restaurant with you or anywhere. Show you my secret restaurants ;)

S: Would love that.

G: Friday good?

S: Perfect, I’ll pick up?

G: Fine by me

S: Can’t wait

S: By the way, tell your group I said hi.

“Well hello back to him,” Jiyoon said.

“JIYOON!” I said hiding my phone, “What have I told you about snooping?”

“Now’s not the time for that Gayoon we gotta get you ready.”

Ughh Jiyoon is something else. But she’s right. If I do this right, this could be my first official date with him.

“Alright, can I have help?” I asked

They all nodded, it was nice to have them at my back.

 

.