Confidence Woman

4Ever

 

 

Damn finals are a pain but they’re over so now we can rejoice, enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s been months since I’ve met Seung. And in those months, I feel a lot better knowing him. We like a lot of the same things, he’s taught me in this industry, and he's definitely easy on my eyes. And I feel ready to at least try to make this work, in that sense. Oh God Gayoonie, we really are gonna do this? Yup. 

“Umm hey guys I’m gonna go get some water,” I told the group as an excuse to get out of the studio. And they all nodded back to me in understanding. We’re in the production room doing our takes for 4Minute World, and I am honestly excited. I don’t personally like to brag but I think it’s gonna be great. -And thanks to Seung’s words of encouragement, I was able to push myself to convince the executives to give me a larger time frame on the songs. But tonight I want to ask him something important. Something really important.

G: Hey :)

S: Hello

G: Sooo I was wondering, are you busy on Monday.

S: Not too much, we’re prepping for a surprise ;). Why?

G: I was wondering if we could meet up, I have an important question.

S: So important you cannot even text it?

G: Yes

S: lol, yea that’s fine, where at?

G: Is the park you showed me a good, around like 8:30 pm?

S:  More than okay

G: Then there

S: Perf

G: See you then! :)))))

And with that I put my phone away, my heart already beating fast from just imagining the scenario. Is this it? Am I really going to try this? Yes you are. Well even if I didn’t want to it is way too late now. Remember that water? Oh right I should head back.

“Welcome back to work, Gayoon.” Hyuna said dryly. 

Ever since our spat, its been kinda tense between us. Not the “I hate you and I can’t stand you,” tense more the, “I don’t want to talk to you right now,” tense. Oh well, it is what it is.  I understand her frustration kinda, but honestly I feel like she’s being overboard. 

“Thanks,” I said quietly while sliding back into my chair in the studio. I could feel the others’ awkward feeling. The feeling of the children watching mom and dad snipe at each other at dinner. Except dad, I’m the dad, doesn't understand why we’re sniping in the first place nor does he want to snipe at all. 

“Well I think we made good progress,” Jihyun said, “How about we call it for the day hmm?” 

“I think we still have some time before lunch,” Hyuna said back.

“Well thank you for your suggestion, Hyuna but I think we’re good for the day, we still need to film 4Minute Video after lunch.”

“Hauughhh, fine,” Hyuna said looking at her nails.

“C’mon Hyuna let’s go get some kimchi,” Sohyun said, trying to cheer her up.

Hyuna smiled when she heard her, while still looking at her nails,” Alright maknae, let’s go,” she said getting up. And like that they both left the studio. 

“Yea, kimchi sounds nice, Jiyoon? Jihyun said looking towards Jiyoon who only nodded and smiled, “Gayoon?”

“No thank you unnie, I think I’ll have lunch alone today,” I said politely rejecting her offer.

“Alright, but you're missing out,” JIhyun said as her and Jiyoon got up and left the studio.

“Have fun,” I said, smiling back. Then there was just me alone in the studio. I had until three o’ clock and right now it’s one o’clock. It was time to plan my operation. *Grumbleee*, Maybe after some food. Yea I should get food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Thank you.” I said to the waitress who brought out my food outside the CUBE building. The weather felt great too. Nice and breezy, Now how to plan for operation The Perfect Way to Ask Seung Out. And with that I took out my phone to type some notes. Well, to start I needed to wait for the right moment, I think we should maybe explore that park he bought first, he seems very proud of it. And then bam, right for the question. Nah too soon. Hmmm, my inner self is right, maybe walk around the park, talk about it and what’s new for us, then- I know, push him in the fountain. “How does that even work in the slightest?” I don’t know revenge for nailing you in the head with multiple surprise snowballs? “Hmmm, noted but not for sure.” Okay this is going to be harder than I thought. I mean how do people ask people out? It’s sad that we need to review this topic. “Heeeeyyy.” The books and movies make it too perfect for a moment, but you want it to be perfect. In real life a lot of times it isn’t so maybe I shouldn't plan?

“Hey Gayoon.” A tired voice came and sat next to me. It was Jihyun.

“Ohh hey,” I say, changing the tab on my phone, “Where’s Jiyoon?”

“Oh she wanted to do some things before lunch ended.”

“Ohhh, you sound tired, what's up?”

“Stress, the execs are coming hard for us on this album.” “I just got an email from Ha-Joon, President Chung-Min’s assistant.”

“Eww that guy is a total creep,” I say wriggling my nose in disgust.

“Yea but he’s still the president’s assistant meaning he has power and a threat.”

“True, what was the email?”

“A lot of shareholders are threatening to pull out of CUBE if we and the other groups don’t generate more popularity, of course he said that in formal terms.”

“Damn.”

“Yea.”

Damn this is serious, if Ha-Joon is emailing us, it means that the shareholders aren’t playing or bluffing. 

“What were you up to before,” Jihyun asked.

“Oh you know, just relax-”

“You were planning on asking Seung weren’t you?”

“Wha- no, well maybe, yea…, how did you know?”

“Your phone never changed tabs and its sitting open on the table.”

I looked down and what she said was true. Goddamn it.

“Just go with your gut Gayoon, don’t over complicate it.”

“But if-”

“Just do it Gayoon, listen Seung is a good guy, you can just get this vibe and he sheds it massively, even if he says no, he won’t shame you or anything like that.”

She’s right, you know. “Shut up.” “Yea I guess, what about the execs they won’t have a problem?” 

“Execs have a problem with everything, don’t let it harm your life Gayoon, you deserve to be happy.”

“But what about our careers and-”
“We will be fine, trust me, and he will for sure be fine, just, trust me Gayoon.”

“Thanks Jihyun, you’re right we will be fine and I’ll be fine.” I said with relief and hugged her.
“What are leaders for?” She said smiling and accepted the hug, “Go get that man, Gayoon.”

“I will.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keep your eyes out for Mr. Ha-Joon