MAMA

4Ever

Mama 2013, Hong Kong

—Gayoon’s POV—

“We almost won!” Sohyun proclaimed. 

She was right, we almost one two awards tonight. It’s insane almost, us, we’re not even that popular compared to the other groups that were nominated. I mean c’mon Girls Generation was in the mix and everyone knows them. Everyone. I mean I should be happy that we were even close but somehow I feel really depressed about it. That’s it we’re going to fade in the background of the girl groups again.
“Gayoon!” 

Wha-, my mind was interrupted and my eardrums assaulted with a very recongizable voice being Jiyoon’s. Well at least they sound happier than me. Honestly I am probably being ridiculous. 

“Gayoooonnn did you hear what we said?” Jiyoon replied.

“Sorry.. What happened?”

“So we were thinking about the afterparty and since we technically didn’t get to park our car in the performer’s lot since we got here late, we were kinda hoping you’d do it?” Jiyoon said with a sly grin.

“Why me?” Seriously though why me? It was pouring outside and the traffic was going to be to just get out of the parking spot, let alone maneuver around the fans and the rain and go behind the building to the performer’s lot. I blame Jihyun, she took forever in the hotel getting ready and by ready I mean her hair being done. And then we came to the fun realization that the performer’s lot was closed and chained and the guard left. 

“Wellll if you must know it is because you were the last to reply to the “not-it” call,” Jiyoon said with a grin, “ You didn't even respond at all.”

“Ughhh fine just make sure to get us in the afterparty before we got locked out there too.” 

The chime of the keys being thrown in my way gets thrown and off I go. Now to maneuver through the people traffic before the vehicle traffic. Somehow the people traffic is worse. Let’s see here, I’m still in the back and the smartest way is to go through the side hallways to maneuver around most of the people, but the sideway is going to be much longer than if I go directly even with all the people. Screw it, I’m going sideways at the expense of my feet. 

After about maybe 20 minutes my feet are already in pain, to be fair it’s also because I did have a previous event to tire me out in the process so it’s not completely my fault. Damn it I’m gonna have to take off the heels, there goes the elegant woman persona, and the first thing I felt was the cold of the floor. Crap-iola this is definitely not the highlight of this night, definitely my highlight was the main event. Seeing Fantastic Baby live was amazing. Like the energy BIGBANG puts is superb, they’re barely even choreographed like most groups they just have fun. We can do that, we can be the Queens of KPOP like they’re the Kings. If there is one thing I must admit though, it was seeing him. Choi Seung-hyun, T.O.P, if there was the definition of being carefree of judgement it would be his beautiful face. Him going on stage and doing his own thing, his voice, his talent, his jaw, his love for his fans, his voice, alright we get it thank you inner me. Yes, he’s handsome and is probably very funny, actually for sure very funny, and I may have a teensy crush but a girl is allowed to dream. I mean he is mister mysterious and handsome with a playful side. Inner me is right, how can you not love him.

All my night-dreaming helped me pass the time as I now found myself in the presence of the door, and the very, heavy, pouring, rain. Yayyyyyyyy…… well time to get this over with. Putting the heels back on, and almost slipping into three puddles and almost slipping once just over nothing, I made it to the beautiful Mercedes. However in my celebration I foolishly expected warmth in the luxury car only to be greeted with more cold and cold leather seats. I immediately tried fixing that issue by turning on my car and blasting the heat, which was cold. I feel the need to slap Jiyoon over her stupid not-it game. As I was thinking of my torture fantasies I was interrupted by my phone

S: you make it safely unnie?

Sohyun is such a caring girl I swear, sweetest maknae anyone could ask for.

G: yes dw I’m just warming up and waiting for the traffic to clear :)

S: Okay good, we got into the afterparty, Hyuna helped a lot getting us through the crowd

G: of course she did lol

G: cars ready gonna drive over rn maknae brb

S: drive safely :)

Okay Gayoon, just reverse and drive around, easy on the gas and be ready for the break. Sounds simple enough if I could remove the problem of, I cannot see for the life of me. This rain is only getting stronger and at this point I feel like it will destroy the roof of the car. As I slowly back out —

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPP

Oh my God, holy , holy mother of-, no, no, no. I slam on the brakes and go back into the stall and try to process what just happened. I am going to die here tonight. After maybe eighty seconds of hyperventilation I attempted round two. Okay Gayoonie all we need to do is gently and with wide eyes back out. We can do that. Backing out once again there were thankfully no more problems and getting out was surprisingly easy. Although the road is a current ice rink at the moment I reached the gate for the performer’s lot. 

Crap, the gate is closed but not locked. I went outside and tried to move the gate but the thing is much harder than it looks. Alongside it being frozen solid from the cold weather and it being rusty, that has got to be a hazard, I felt it budge and I also felt myself fall. Great, just what I needed. Let’s go through the checklist; cold, soaking wet, clothes are soaked as well, makeup’s running and my hair is a mess, I think I’ll have some conversation when, or if, I get to this party. I look down and I also see my phone on its screen. Craaaapppp, I looked up to see my now cracked screen and saw twenty-three messages from Sohyun. Poor girl is worried sick. 

After managing to open the gate, I found a parking spot and was ready to go inside and face the music but a figure stopped me. Well, not literally but curiosity wise. There in front of the back door leaning on a wall, smoking a cigarette, looking intensely on his phone and not caring about the rain pouring on him, was a very tall man. Ooooh he looks familiarly handsome, shut up inner me, but he does look familiar. There in front of me was BIGBANG’s star rapper and my teensy crush.