-Two-

If I could go back...

It was Miyeons senior year she would be graduating soon. So Shuhua decided to make the most of the time she had before her unnie became even more busy with her career. 

 

There was only one problem her name was Nicha aka Minnie. Minnie and Miyeon had been dating for a little longer than a year. Minnie was very sweet and loving. She treated Miyeon well. Shuhua should be happy for them. For Miyeon especially. But there was something holding her back. 

 

'Stupid Miyeon can't tell how hopelessly in love with her I've been since the day we met. Is she that dense?' Shuhua thought to herself as she sat on the bench. Their bench. Their usual spot in the courtyard as she waited for Miyeon so they could go eat lunch together.

 

Shuhua spotted Miyeon running in her direction a huge smile on her face. Shuhua raised an eyebrow. "Guess what?!" Shuhua hummed and spoke sarcastically. "You're late and making your best friend starve while waiting for you again?" Miyeon pouted and gently hit her arm. "You know that romantic birthday dinner Minnie planned for me? She decided to use the opportunity to propose!" Miyeon showed her the ring. Shuhua felt her stomach turn.

 

 It wasn't like she didn't know it was going to happen. She had been the one to help Minnie pick out the ring. As much as she wanted to hate the older woman she couldn't. Minnie was amazing. And she knew the right thing to do would be to help her find the perfect ring. Miyeon deserved the best after all. 'As long as Miyeons happy I'm happy.' She repeated to herself many times over. 

 

"Wow it's beautiful. Can we go eat now?" Miyeon pouted. "You don't look surprised. Did you already know?" Shuhua rolled her eyes. "You didn't find it suspicious that I borrowed your rings? Like all of them? I was making sure I knew your size. Come on unnie." Miyeon hugged the younger woman tightly. "I should have known you were apart of this. Only you would know how to find the perfect ring for me. You know my tastes the best after all." 

 

Shuhua made a face at her gently pushing her off. "Unnie hands to yourself. Now let's go before I leave you behind and go eat by myself." Miyeon smiled looping her arm with Shuhuas and skipping to the cafeteria. 

 

Shuhua got home to her dorm that night. She was exhausted. Emotionally mentally and physically. She rested her head in her hands letting out a deep sigh. After a moment she heard the door open and a small body draped across her back hugging her. "Yuqi get off me I'm not in the mood." The Chinese girl scoffed. "I can see that that's why I'm hugging you duh." 

 

Yuqi got off of her and laid down on the girls bed. "So what's got you brooding on this fine day?" Shuhua looked at her rolling her eyes. "You know the usual. I'm sure Minnie has been talking about it all day." Yuqi nodded. "Aha yeah she kinda told everyone. Stood at the front of class and yelled it even. 'I'm going to marry Cho Miyeon!' Kinda cringe if you ask me." Yuqi tried to act unaffected but she and Shuhua had spent many nights crying together. 

 

Shuhua sighed. "She seems happy about it at least. As long as she's happy..." Yuqi tilted her head staring at her. "What about you?" Shuhua looked confused. "What about me?" Yuqi rolled her eyes. "When will you be happy? A wise woman once said 'You need to get over her or get under her.' I live by this motto." 

 

Shuhua rolled her eyes. "First of all you've been spending to much time with Soyeon that's gross. And second of all stop pretending like you're not affected. You know I know about your crush on Minnie. It's me Yuqi you don't have to put on that act here." Yuqi made a face. "Hey that's not what this is about don't come at me just cause you're to much of a chicken to confess." Shuhua sighed and looked at her. "Maybe if you confessed instead it'd end the misery for the both of us." Yuqi shook her head emphatically. "Minnie barely even knows I exist. You have a much better chance with Miyeon than I do with Minnie." 

 

Yuqi went to the mini fridge pulling out chocolate ice cream and two spoons. She sat across from Shuhua passing her a spoon. "Wanna watch a movie and cuddle and pretend like we're not lonely single losers?" Shuhua nodded and laid back holding the blanket up for the girl. "Always." 

 

She and Yuqi had been friends for years but had gotten especially close when they found out about each other's unrequited feelings for the older couple. And so they spent their Friday night huddled under a blanket together comfortably eating ice cream watching all four hunger games movies. 

 

Shuhua looked over at Yuqi who had fallen asleep from a sugar crash not to long after they finished the ice cream. She covered the girl with the blanket and went to take the trash and clean their spoons. She sighed to herself. "Sorry I'm to much of a chicken to get us out of this." She said to the sleeping girl who wouldn't hear her. 

 

She went to the bathroom taking a shower and changing into her pjs before climbing back in the bed beside Yuqi. As she slept she dreamed of a world where she had the courage to stand up. Where she would be able to tell Miyeon how she felt. "I love you." She'd mumble in her sleep. In her dreams Miyeon loved her back. But only in her dreams. In reality Miyeons heart belonged to someone else Minnie Nicha Yontararak.