-Eight-

If I could go back...

Shuhua entered her room a worried looking Soojin sitting on her bed. Soojin looked up at her as soon as their eyes met she knew everything. She had always been able to read Shuhua like a book. 

 

"I'm sorry." Shuhuas voice cracked. Soojin sighed softly. "Come on it's no use crying. I'm the one being broken up with do you see me crying?" Shuhua looked up at her. "I love you I do...Just not the way you want...Not the way you deserve..." 

 

Soojin stood up and pulled the woman into a hug. "I know. I always knew." She pulled her to the bed and gently caressed her back. "Come on you need to rest we will finish this conversation when you wake up." Shuhua cried as she laid in the girls arms. She really wished she could've loved her. 

 

A few hours later Soojin shook her awake gently. "Come on you've slept enough I know you haven't eaten today." Shuhua looked at her confused. "Why are you still caring for me? I hurt you. I don't deserve this." Soojin hummed. "Well I kinda knew it was coming. And truthfully? I started to realize recently how my heart beat for someone else. I just knew you needed me for a little while longer." She smiled at her gently running her fingers through her hair to calm her. 

 

Shuhua looked up at her her nose running from all the crying. "Who is it?" Soojin wiped the girls nose gently with a tissue. "Who do you think?" Shuhua smiled softly. "Soyeon unnie will be happy to hear how you feel about her. She's been whipped for you for a long time." She joked. 

 

Soojin smiled and kissed her forehead. "Come on Shu it's time to get up and go get your girl." Shuhua shook her head frantically. "No no I can't. Shes getting married in two days. I can't ruin that." Soojin rolled her eyes. "So you're just gonna live sad and alone for the rest of your life? Shuhua..."

 

Shuhua shook her head. "I love her I want her to be happy so that means I can't be there... I'm not part of her happiness unnie I need to accept that." Soojin cupped her cheek. 

 

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. They knew from the hesitation in the knock exactly who it was. Soojin got an idea. She stood up from the bed clearing .

 

 "Yeh Shuhua I can't believe you'd do this to me! After all these months I wasted this is the reward?! You're telling me you still love someone else!?" She forced herself to cry as She stomped out of the room past a shocked Miyeon. Shuhua was sat on the bed her tear stained face obvious. 

 

Miyeon didn't hesitate for a second as she walked into the room scooping Shuhua up into a tight hug. "Hey it's okay Shu. Everything will be alright..." Shuhua clung to the older girl crying again. "Unnie...I'm sorry..." Miyeon kissed the top of her head. "No Shuhua I'm sorry I couldn't see how you were hurting..." She tried to comfort her as she always did when they were children gently her back. 

 

Shuhua relaxed into her arms falling asleep again. Miyeon gently laid her on the bed and tucked her in. "I'll be here when you wake up. I promise I won't leave you no matter how much you push..." she whispered. 

 

Yuqi came into the room a few hours later seeing Shuhua laid in her bed with her makeup ruined and Miyeon sitting with her head leaning in the edge as she had fallen asleep as well. "What happened here?" She made the decision to find Soojin and ask. 

 

She knocked on the older womans dorm room. "Just a minute!" Soyeon answered the door her shirt on backwards and red lips painted all over her face and neck. "Hello Yuqi how can I he-" 

 

Yuqi pushed carefully into the room seeing Soojin in Soyeons bed wearing one of the girls oversized sweaters. "What did you do? Are you the reason I found Shuhua looking like a mess?" She crossed her arms trying to look intimidating. 

 

Soojin quickly covered herself. "Oh please she's the one that broke up with me." Soyeon glared at Yuqi. "You can leave now." Yuqi ignored Soyeon. "What happened? I got a call asking me to stay out for the night and now I come home and Miyeon is asleep leaning against the bed. And Shuhua she's got smudged makeup all over her face. I just want to know so I can help her." Soojin sighed. "toss me my shorts then we can talk." 

 

Soojin had told Yuqi everything even as far as when she realized she was with the wrong person. "I couldn't just leave her lonely and broken like that. So I stayed by her side even though I didnt feel the same for her anymore." Yuqi rubbed her temples. 

 

"So do you think she's going to confess?" Soojin sighed fixing her hair. "I hope so. I don't want to watch her wallow in self pity forever. Just cause I don't love her like I thought I did doesn't mean I don't love her you know?" Yuqi nodded. "Yeah I know..."

 

Meanwhile. Miyeon woke up. She looked around she was in a familiar room on the bed. Shuhuas bed. How did she get here? And where did Shuhua go? She fumbled around for her phone finding a note. 

 

'Miyeon unnie this is difficult for me to write. I didn't want to say it for a long time out of fear for what it might do to our friendship. But over the last few months I have ruined our friendship anyway. You still stood beside me but I kept pushing you away. I am sorry. My only explanation is love. I have been hopelessly in love with you for years and I didn't know how to tell you. When Minnie proposed I realized I was to late and you would never be mine. I should have had the courage to at least say something then. But I couldn't. I'm very sorry for the harsh words I sent your way and I want you to know I will always love you. I won't be coming home for a few days so don't bother looking for me. Just enjoy your wedding. Congratulations Mrs.Yontararak.' 

 

Miyeon didn't know when she began to cry. But there were heavy tears running down her face. "Shuhua you idiot..." She looked back on their memories together. All the times she had subtly tried to tell the girl about her feelings. Shuhua had never given her any signs she returned the feelings. So when Minnie asked Miyeon out on a date Miyeon gave up on her dreams of being with Shuhua. 

 

"If we could have just said what we felt..." Her finger traced the lines of the note delicately. "I won't be Mrs.Yontararak I will be Mrs.Cho-Yeh." She stood up and went to do the hardest thing she had ever done in her life.