-Seven-

If I could go back...

Several months passed. Shuhua had avoided Miyeon like the plague. The girl had tried many times to reconcile their friendship but Shuhua just kept her distance. 

 

Shuhuas phone beeped signaling a text message received. 'Hey Shu I know you don't want to be apart of the wedding party. But I was hoping you'd come along for dress shopping.' She sighed and simply closed her messages. 

 

She went to Soojins dorm like she did every day and laid on the girls bed waiting for her to get back from class. Soojin walked in seeing her. She smiled looking a bit tired from her dance class. 

 

"They we're working you hard again today?" Soojin nodded as she just laid on top of the younger woman. Shuhua gently rubbed her sore muscles. "I'm so tired Baobei." Shuhuas phone beeped again and she sighed opening it to see another message from Miyeon. 

 

'I would really appreciate your opinion on my dress. You've always had a talent for knowing what I should wear.' Soojin looked. "Shu...Maybe it's time you try to talk to her. It's not good for your sanity to keep avoiding her like this." Shuhua shook her head. There was no way she would ever make up with Cho Miyeon. "I have nothing to talk to her about. We will go to her wedding smile for pictures say hello to her parents and I'll never have to see her again." 

 

Soojin looked at her with worry in her eyes. "Please Shu...I'm worried about you..." Shuhua sighed. "Why do you want me to anyway?" Soojin played with Shuhuas shirt as she spoke. "You're tense all the time and you only talk to Yuqi and I now. I think it's not healthy for you. I just want to make sure you're okay. It's my job after all." 

 

Shuhua looked her in the eye. "Fine I'll go wedding dress shopping with her but I'm not promising we'll make up. In fact I promise we won't make up." She nodded as Soojin rolled her eyes. She sent a quick text back. 'When and where?' She sat her phone down and turned to Soojin. "Now I think I have earned a kiss." Soojin smiled and kissed her softly holding her closer to her body instinctively. 

 

Shuhua walked into the bridal shop her sunglasses still on a bored look on her face. She scanned the room and saw Miyeon sitting with her mother and Rose. "Sorry I'm late. Nice to see you again Mrs.Cho. Rose. Miyeon." She bowed to them all. 

 

Miyeon hugged her. Shuhua just looked at her with a weird face. "Shouldnt we be looking for a dress for you?" Miyeon nodded trying to hide her disappointment and turned to the dresses. 

 

Miyeon tried on plenty of dresses different styles different colors different train lengths. But none of them were the dress. After two hours her mother and Rose both had to leave. "Good luck Miyeonnie have Shuhua take a picture and show me the one you pick." Rose walked out in a hurry. 

 

Shuhua yawned looking bored. "You haven't found anything yet?" Miyeon looked at her. "Shuhua..." She looked at her coldly. "I'm only hear cause JinJin thought it would be good for me to get out. I'm not here to make up with you and magically go back to how things used to be. That's not how this works and I thought you'd figure that out by now." Miyeon looked down. She just went and grabbed a dress from the hanger. "I-Im going to try this one on." She disappeared into the changing room where she could cry in private. 

 

Shuhuas words cut her deep she missed her best friend. The sweet Shuhua who stood up for her who protected her and helped her with whatever she needed. The Shuhua standing in front of her now was a different person. She was hardened by someone. Miyeon had begun to think her old shuhua would never come back. 

 

Twenty minutes passed and Miyeon hadn't exited the dressing room. "Yah Cho Miyeon why am I still waiting out here are you even in there anymore?" Miyeon came out the dress on as she looked at Shuhua hopefully. Shuhua actually looked at her for the first time. The dress was stunning on her. It fit her like a glove almost as if it was made with only her in mind. 

 

"That's the one." She felt like she was going to be sick. "Can I leave now I'm not feeling to well?" Miyeon looked worried. "Yeah Shu get home safe. I'll see you at the wedding." Shuhua just nodded and walked out. 

 

She swerved Into a nearby alleyway and threw up. After a few moments of panting she wiped . ". Cho Miyeon how could you do this to me!" she kicked a nearby trashcan before sinking down to the ground holding her head. 

 

All the emotions she fought to suppress for so long had come flooding back as soon as she saw her in that dress. It should be her on the other side of that aisle not Minnie. What had she done wrong in her past life to deserve this kind of emotional trauma? 

 

After a while she got up she called Yuqi and asked her to vacate the room for the night. "Yeah sure. I'll go hang out with handong unnie. Are you okay?" Shuhua took a long shakey breath and lied. "Yeah I'm fine I just want a romantic night with Soojin." 

 

Yuqi could tell she was living but didn't push. "Alright just don't do it on my bed this time." They hung up. She began to make her way home texting Soojin asking her to meet her there.