-Three-

If I could go back...

Shuhua finished class for the day and was walking home when she got a call from Miyeon. "Hey Shuhua can you meet me at our bench?" Shuhua hummed in agreement. "What's up unnie is everything okay? Did Minnie do something? I know where Soyeon unnie keeps the bat. I'll hurt her..." She warned. 

 

Miyeon laughed softly. "Shouldn't I be the overprotective one? I'm the unnie after all. I just want to talk Shushu it's important." Shuhua sighed and hung up. She went to the bench and sat down. 

 

As usual her body was ready to give out but when she saw Miyeon walking her way she tried to perk up a bit as not to worry her. "How's my favorite Makne?" Miyeon asked throwing her arms around Shuhuas shoulders hugging her tightly. Shuhua didn't hug back and just shrugged her off. 

 

"I don't know she doesn't get out of class for another half hour. I'll ask her for you when we both get to the dorm though." Shuhua said in a flat voice the sarcasm coming out thick. Miyeon rolled her eyes a smile on her face. "If Yuqi is my favorite Makne then what are you?" 

 

Shuhua tapped her chin. "Your walking bank account. Your chair. Your backpack. Your driver. Your chef..." Miyeon blushed. "Okay okay I get it you do a lot for me. But I don't think you can claim to be my chef. You can barely make ramen." Shuhua smirked teasingly at her. "Still more than you can make unnie." Miyeon nudged her lightly.

 

 "Anyway I wanted to ask you something. You know I'm getting married and I thought this would be obvious and I wouldn't need to ask but Minnie told me I should just in case. So Shuhua would you like to be my maid of honor?" She smiled at her not knowing how the words made the younger girls heart break even more. 

 

Shuhua kept herself composed her face an emotionless stone. "Yeah sure. You couldn't have texted me that? I could be all cozy in my bed by now." She teased. Miyeon rolled her eyes and hugged her again. "I love you Shuhua thank you!" Shuhua felt her resolve almost break with those words. 

 

She managed to compose herself. "Yeah yeah I know everyone loves me. That's why I get all the date requests." Miyeon rolled her eyes for the hundredth time. "They don't love you they just want to use you for your looks and your money." 

 

Shuhua made a face at her. "Yuqi loves me. And so does Soojin unnie. Or so did Soojin unnie? Isn't she supposed to be back soon?" Miyeon thought for a second. "Yeah why? You finally gonna give her a shot?" Shuhua shrugged thoughtfully. "I mean she's beautiful and talented. She's smart. We just never really clicked." 'She's not you.' The unspoken words echoed in her mind. 

 

Miyeon looked a little annoyed but Shuhua thought she was just seeing things. "Okay well I have to go Minnie is taking me and my parents to dinner to celebrate tonight. You could come if you're not busy?" Shuhua would rather set herself on fire than celebrate her first and only loves engagement to another woman. 

 

"Eh Yuqi and I have plans to watch movies and cry over our crushes tonight. Couldn't possibly miss it." She said nonchalantly. Miyeon grumbled. "Why will you never tell me who this girl is? I promise I just want to talk to her. I just want to know when she became blind." Shuhua sighed. "You don't need to know unnie. She doesn't even know I like her so she can't be blamed for not liking me back simple as that." Miyeon crossed her arms. "Why wouldn't she like you there's so much about you to love. She must be crazy!" Shuhua laughed a bitter edge in her voice. "Yeah well so be it. I gotta go unnie I'll see you tomorrow." 

 

She left going twords her dorm but passed it up. She shot a text to Yuqi. 'I'll be at the bar tonight don't wait up.' She got a text back fast. 'That bad huh? Be safe don't do anything I wouldn't do.' Shuhua made her way to her usual spot. An LGBT friendly bar just off campus. She nodded to the bartender who she knew well by now. "Momo unnie. Any specials today? I want to get drunk fast." 

 

Momo shook her head. "You know I don't like this right?" Shuhua nodded. "Yeah but you won't turn away a paying customer now will you unnie. Besides I'm a grown up I can handle myself." Momo shook her head and made the girl a few shots before starting to mix her usual. 

 

Two hours passed and Shuhua was thoroughly drunk. She was falling asleep at a table when a couple of men came up to her. "Hey gorgeous we saw you from across the bar and we were wondering..." They were cut off by a small intimidating looking blonde woman beside them. "What is wrong with you she's drunk. Go find someone who can actually consent to try to score with." 

 

One of them tried to argue but was quickly cut off by a look of daggers shot twords him by a taller girl who looked somehow even more intimidating than the short girl in front of her. The blonde girl sighed as the men walked away. "Shuhua Shuhua Shuhua why do I keep finding you like this?" She looked to her companion. "We can take her to our dorm and she can sleep it off." The girl behind her nodded. "I'll go pay her tab then we can leave." The girl made her way to Momo at the bar her long blonde hair against her short red dress made all the eyes in the room stare at her.

 

 "Hey do you have Shuhuas tab?" Momo turned and looked at her. A surprised smile appearing on her face. "Soojin? When did you get back? And when did you go blonde?" Soojin smiled at her. "I got back this morning and I went blonde while I was in America. I was told it would suit me." She shrugged a light smile on her lips. Momo smiled. "It does suit you you look gorgeous. So you wanted to pay Shuhuas tab? First night back and you find her passed out in a bar. Are you sure you still have feelings for her?" Soojin sighed. "I can't help it the heart wants what it wants. And sadly my heart wants a beautiful taiwanese girl who will never want me back." She smiled sadly. 

 

"Anyway we're going to get her out of your hair so yeah I'll pay it." Soojin handed her her card and waited. They said goodbye and she made her way to Shuhua and the smaller woman who had her on her back ready to carry her. 

 

"I could have helped Soyeon." The small woman shook her head. "If I let you help with those heels on you'll break an ankle. It's better this way just catch the doors for us." They took Shuhua to their dorm.