-One-

If I could go back...

A six year old Miyeon sat on the ground holding her knee crying. Two older boys stood there laughing at her. "Cry baby you just fell." 

 

The boys had pushed her over causing her to scrape her knee getting blood on her brand new dress. Suddenly a little girl about four years old walked up to them. "Hey what's the big idea here? Who are you guys?" The little girl looked fiercely at the two. "Go away before we push you over too." The little girl stood up puffing her chest a little. "You could try but my daddy taught me Taekwondo! I'm a blue belt already you should watch out." The boys seemed to believe her. "Whatever losers not worth our time." They scurried away. 

 

The little girl turned to Miyeon. "I can't believe that worked I saw the monkeys on TV do it so I thought I'd try." Miyeon still had tears running down her face but giggled softly at the girl. "I'm Miyeon thank you for the help." The girl smiled her front two teeth missing. "My name is Shuhua I'm only four." Miyeon smiled back. "I'm six so you can call me unnie!" She tried to stand up but it hurt a bit. 

 

Shuhua seeing her struggle immediately got to her side lifting her with a side hug and taking her to a nearby bench. "Where is your Eomma? I will go get her for you." Miyeon pointed to a woman at an Ice cream cart not far away. Shuhua nodded and made her way to the woman who looked just like her new friend. She gently tugged the womans shirt getting her attention. 

 

"Excuse me Mrs Miyeon unnies Eomma?" She pointed to Miyeon. "Unnie hurt her knee and needs a bandaid and kisses to make it better." Miyeons mom was a bit surprised but smiled at the adorable girl. "Thank you dear. One more ice cream please. Chocolate." She ordered and paid for the ice cream cones. "Come on lets go check in on her." 

 

Shuhua skipped ahead of the woman to Miyeon. "Here she comes!" Shuhua sat on the side of Miyeon leaning her head on her shoulder. Miyeons mom smiled at them and handed Miyeon and Shuhua each an ice cream cone. "Wha for me?!" Shuhua looked up at the woman with sparkling eyes. "Of course sweetie for helping my precious Miyeonnie." Shuhua blushed softly and thanked her before begining to eat it. 

 

Miyeons mother knelt down in front of her daughter carefully cleaning her knee and putting a bandaid on it kissing above it. "There does that feel better?" Miyeon nodded. "Thank you Eomma!" The woman smiled. She saw another woman who looked quite similar to the smaller child approaching. 

 

"Yeh Shuhua what have I told you about eating other people's food? I'm sorry she's got a big appetite I swear we feed her." Miyeons mom chuckled and offered her hand to the woman. "I am Cho Mihae. Your daughter didn't just take food I gave it to her because she helped my little Miyeonnie here. She's a sweet girl." "Ah it's nice to meet you Mrs.Cho. Shuhua you really helped her?" Shuhua nodded enthusiastically.

 

"There were mean boys and I saw them push her so I ran over! I made them leave her alone!" Miyeon rested her head on Shuhuas shoulder this time. "Thank you Shuhua." The two women smiled seeing the pair. "Well then I guess we should exchange numbers so that these two can keep in touch?" Shuhuas mother spoke. They began to talk to each other. 

 

Miyeon and Shuhua were in their own world. "Do you really know taekwondo?" Miyeon asked. Shuhua shook her head. "My daddy was gonna teach me but he is gone now. Mommy said he had to leave us but he loves me very much." Shuhuas father had died when she was two but she was to little to know. 

 

Miyeon smiled at her. "I have a friend in school who is learning. Her daddy is a instructor." Shuhua looked excited. "I get to go to school next year maybe I can meet her and she will teach me so I can really beat up those boys for you!" The smaller girl had a fierce look on her face again. Miyeon smiled. "I'll introduce you to all of my friends!" Shuhua smiled. "I only have one friend...Well two now cause you're my friend now right unnie?" Miyeon nodded and smiled. "Of course."

 

The two sat together talking animatedly as they ate their ice creams. Their mother's watching them fondly. "I have to say I've always worried she would have a hard time making friends turns out she just needed the right friend." Shuhuas mom smiled. "Well hopefully they will be good friends to eachother for a long long time." Miyeons mom chuckled. "Who would have thought our new neighbors would be such a nice family. The girls will be excited to know." Shuhuas mom saw the girls finished their ice cream and took out the wet wipes knowing how messy her daughter was she always had them. She helped both girls clean up their faces. 

 

As the years passed the girls grew close they were best friends. They did everything together. Wore the same clothes. Listened to the same music. Even went to the same university. They were inseparable until Miyeons Junior year of uni. She met a gorgeous Thai exchange student Nicha Yontararak or better known as Minnie. The two really hit it off their relationship quickly developing into a romantic one. And with that Miyeon left Shuhua her favorite Makne in the dust. 

 

Note: I more or less have the full story written I just need to read over the chapters a few times to make sure they make sense. That being said I'm a little sick so I may be a little slow.