V – Magic Hour

Season's of Love

“Eunbi, can you lend me a hand with this?” Yuna humbly asks while preparing the group tools for their art class.

While the two carries the canvass stand, Eunbi noticed that no one among their members tries to help yet.

“Can anybody out there bring the other painting tools?”

With her request, Jackson immediately stand and carry the tools with him. Yuna notices how Jackson reacted towards Eunbi’s request and almost teases them when her eyes landed on the other girl.

“What?” Eunbi asks when she found Yuna smiling weird.

“He listens to you well” She replies with a smirk but the other girl just rolled her eyes.

Later on...

While everyone is busy with their canvass, Eunbi takes some time to buy them some drinks. When she comes back, she offers the first bottle to Yuna in which the latter gladly accepts. She then proceeds on giving each one.

 

The next day…

 

“Hey Eunbi, do you have extra print-outs for our history class? I forgot to bring mine” Eunha asks while showing her puffy eyes. As if it will work on Hwang Eunbi who hates aegyo very much.

“Nah. Stop showing me those eyes, it worsens my day” She sarcastically turns her down so the other girl just went on to find a good friend who can accommodate her needs.

Minutes later, their history class started and Yuna came back from student officers meeting. When she got seated, her hand reaches out secretly on her seat mate’s arm and taps the girl.

“Mind if you have an extra print out? My printer broke last night and I thought I was able to skip this class through our meeting but it ended too soon.” Yuna explains herself.

Eunbi reaches for her bag without a second thought and offers the extra print-out.

“Here” She passes secretly.

“Wow, thanks. I did not expect you to have one” Yuna expresses her gratitude.

“It is out of habit. I got used to bring extra print-out on my class before.” She explains.

Little did they know, an eye from afar caught Eunbi handing Yuna the extra print-out.

“I thought she does not have an extra? That little punk, I even spend drinks for Yerin just to have one” Eunha complains by herself.

 

Later days…

 

“I think we need to bring some snacks, my stomach already feels empty” Eunha requests while walking down the streets with their group members.

“There’s a convenience store nearby, we can stop by before going to my house” Eunbi replies and the whole group walks in double speed until they reach the store.

“What do you like? It’s on me ,only for this time”

Eunbi asks directly towards Yuna in which Eunha complains.

“Hey, do you only have Yuna in this group? How about us?” The girl demanded.

“Can you wait a bit? Yuna was right beside me so I’ll ask her first” Eunbi replies in defense.

“I will go for instant ramen” Yuna cuts them off and makes her way to the ramen shelf.

“How about you Ms. Jung Eunha? What do you want?” She asks in not so formal tone.

“I want burgers”

“Don’t complicate things, they don’t sell burgers here.”

“Don’t always fight if the two of you don’t like to end up together for a life-time” The other girl named So-Jung scolded them from behind and walks pass by them.

When the group reaches Eunbi’s house, half of them starts their research project in no time while the other half prepares their food as the bare minimum of their contribution. While in the middle of completion for the first part, the food came in and everyone takes some break.

“I like the ambiance here, I think it’s a good place to continue our projects and it’s only few steps away from school” Yuna mentions while looking at the sky line and breathes the fresh air from the rooftop.

Eunbi just watches the girl as the shafts of light from the sunset hits her face.

“I never felt her heart at peace like this before.” Eunbi thought.

She then realized about how she got used on paying attention towards the girl’s actions. The things she likes and hates doing, foods she prefers, her hobbies, favorites or any details that would help Moon Bin get to know her more. It was tough at first since their attitude would sometimes clash but as time passes by, she unconsciously enjoys the latter’s company the more she gets to know her deeper.

The next day, the whole group agreed to continue their research studies in Eunbi’s house again. And this time, Yuna offers to treat them for the snacks. Instant ramen will always be present since that was the most affordable snack they can have as students.

Yerin and Eunha will occasionally exchange their roles as the group’s chef while So-Jung will baby sit the group by keeping an eye about everyone’s errands. The remaining members Eunbi, Yuna and Umji will mostly do the group’s actual work.

This daily setup for their  case studies and researches makes the six of them got used of being together. They all got comfortable being together that they would sometimes stay for some non-school related activities.

There is this time where Yuna fell asleep in front of the sunset while sitting on a wooden chair. Eunbi found her and was afraid to wake her up because she understands how tiring the whole day is. But she noticed the sweats on the latter’s forehead so she rushes to find an e-fan and places it beside the girl to make her feel more comfortable.

Eunha frowns as she caught this action and started cornering Eunbi with some questions.

“Hey you!” A loud intense voice caught Eunbi’s attention.

“Aren’t you being too unfair? We are also sweating here but you never offered a fan, or even turn on the air conditioning at the kitchen when I cook for us” She complains.

“I’m just being considerate with our leader’s efforts, okay?” Eunbi explains.

“Considerate my , do you think I forgot the time I asked you for an extra print-out but refuse to give me, yet you gave one to Yuna?”

“What?” Eunbi acted fool with that question.

“I am starting to doubt that you hate me, or do you like Yuna?”

“What???” Her jaw dropped because of Eunha’s sudden accusations.

“Definitely none of it. I am making equal effort for every of our group members, okay?” Eunbi said in her defense and faces her laptop to act busy and avoid more questions.

“What’s with the noise?” Yuna asks on a not so good mood as soon as she wakes up and walks near the girl who keeps complaining earlier.

“Here, I am done. You can use this” She offers the e-fan and went back to continue their research quietly.

While still giving each other questionable looks, So-Jung reminds Eunbi and Eunha to start being considerate to one another and just continue working silently.

 

[March of 2030- Present time]

“Why do you often take pictures of the skies?” Eunha asks.

“Just when I feel cozy when I look at it” Eunbi explains while uploading her shots.

Moment later…

“Hey! Check on Yuna’s story. She uploaded the same sky line as yours!” Eunha taps on the other girl excitedly.

“Like always” Eunbi thought while smiling warmly at their photographs.

When the hazy backlight hits the side of her face, that nostalgic tap on her emotions overflow. At times like that, she feels like they were speaking the same language. Wherever they are, together or apart, they are somehow connected at some point in time. Keeping those pictures of the same sky, the moments and hues before the evening light.

 

Author's Note:

Hi, what makes this chapter special? hihi love starts to grow at the least expected time.  

And If you notice, I actually made my new username debut in this chapter haha

- Magic_hours98