II - Love Aide

Season's of Love

[The day of performance]

“Hey, we have got a problem. I think you should lead me on”

Yuna who seem a bit worried said as she pulled Eunbi who was busy coordinating with the sound master at the backstage.

“Pardon me?” Eunbi asks.

“Jackson and Daniel will not make it today. As per their coach, their basketball team got adjusted to the final line up.” She explains in dismay.

Jackson and Daniel are members of the varsity and was supposedly Eunbi and Yuna’s partner for their dance performance but due to conflicting schedule with the Inter-school League, both were not present for their dance presentation that day.

Eunbi can just let a deep sigh but they must continue and perform for their grades so she has to decide what to do right away.

She agreed to Yuna's suggestion for them to continue as partners instead of performing without their male partners.

“I am not confident with the male part, but I will try to. Please do not mind me if I make mistakes. Just continue with what you practiced.”

Yuna nodded but self doubts about making mistakes are running in her head.

“You can trust me with this” Eunbi reassures when she saw the latter’s worried expression.

After rearranging their positions and getting ready on stage, Eunbi gave a cue to start the music. Both her and Yuna are nervous when they face one another, but they ease a little when the line between their eyes meets each other which speaks “We can do this”.

She gently offers her hand to Yuna and with that warm and comforting look in her eyes, Yuna starts to feel assured that they will do well. The first time they dance as partners with no practice at all so they started slow until they catch each other’s rhythm. Although the pairing of two girls were out of the blue, the two of them made it confidently beautiful as their movements flow with the music gracefully.

The song ended too soon without them realizing it. They surprisingly made it without a single mistake, thanks to the advantage of having Eunbi who happened to be their choreographer and memorized the male parts well. Everyone seemed satisfied and amazed that their group received a standing ovation from their classmates.

As per their vivid memory, that was the first time the two girls gave each other warm and sincere smile.

[At the cafeteria after the performance]

Eunbi was ready to dig into her lunch after that long tiring morning when someone interntionally bumps her shoulder and sat right next to her.

“What the…Moon Bin!” She almost cursed when some of her food spilled at the table.

“I saw your performance, the two of you did awesome. When did my girl Yuna learn how to dance” He applauded, disregarding the irritated look from Eunbi’s face.

“Of course, she had the best dance partner here.” She boasted while cleaning the mess on the table.

“And stop calling her your girl when you were already scrapped on her list” She added.

“Excuse me, I’m the only brave suitor she has!”

“Stop being shameless, I always thought you are that cool good-looking guy but then she rejected you in front of my eyes.”

“Hey, do I look less of a man just because I got rejected once?” He complains.

“Nah, you look less of a man because you keep showing up everywhere she goes and sending her lame jokes even after she rejected you” She explained on a serious tone.

It was clear that Moon Bin was taken a back with Eunbi’s words. He always thought Eunbi was his number one supporter when it comes to Yuna. It was even her who pursues him to conceal his feelings for Yuna instead of annoying the girl to get her attention.

“Am I too much?” He asked.

“Yeah” She replied shortly and silence engulfed them.

“Just kidding, but you are close there. So please try to invest your time on other stuffs instead of annoying her on a daily basis. Just give her some space for a moment I guess.” She suggested.

“What if she forgets about my feelings for her? Or think I am not into her anymore?”

“The better” She replied, just teasing him more.

“Yah! If I tend to be really that annoying, please help me apologize to her. I’m trying my best to change and you know that” He insisted.

“You are a hopeless case" She shook her head.

"I know she's quite attractive but I really can't stand her attitude at times, what do you like so much about her?” She asks out of curiosity.

The truth is Yuna and Moon Bin are close friends in their middle school. Moon Bin was naturally bad with studies and Yuna will of course give a helping hand. Since then, Moon Bin has been secretly crushing on her but don’t know how to express it. On their second year, he ended up teasing the latter by playing pranks to keep their close interaction.

He's that typical guy who cuts classes, play tricks with his friends, went absent for a week then shows up like nothing happened, wears fashionable clothes that was against their school code and gets reprimanded for not passing school requirements but still got friends and girls to like him for being "cool & real". But that was the same reason why Yuna cuts him off. Little did he know, the girl just had enough for stressing out as an officer to keep him away from getting punished by the guidance counselors.

Yuna was only able to breathe and lose a little weight on her shoulder when Moon Bin was transferred down to Class-C in their high school. At least she will not be able to meet him every day in the classroom.

“You will never know if you never fell for someone like this. You will find everything about them perfect, even all her flaws and grouchiness. She has a kind heart deep within and was selfless, I missed those days when we were close”

Eunbi knows he was serious with his statement and felt a little pity for him.

"Please help me Eunbi, you're also a girl so you should know what the girls like and hate"

“Okay, I will help you for the last time. Just this once so please do not waste your chances anymore”

 

to be continued...