III – Serenade

Season's of Love

“School of performing Arts Seoul basketball team won gold for 2022 Inter-school League, securing its 3rd year of consecutive win. With Kang Daniel and Jackson Wang receiving MVP and Academic Athlete Award for their last year on the League, they are amongst the team star players”

Bitter sweet smile was painted on Yuna’s face as she read the article from their school paper.

“So it’s the last year” She whispers to herself and keeps the newspaper in her bag.

Alone in the music room, she starts off with breathing in and out as part of her preparation to practice her vocal cords.

As an active member of the school’s choral group, Yuna prefers to stay at school’s music room while waiting for her schedule of room inspection at 6pm every Friday.

This is one of Yuna’s habit that Eunbi was aware of since they must wait for the girl before they can start some of their group activities.

“Are you sure this will work? I used my father’s expensive perfume so I will not smell awful if I sweat in front of her” Moon Bin said while walking on the corridors with Eunbi.

“Can you calm down? Remember you are just going to apologize, nothing more” She reminded him.

“Then why did you asked me to bring three roses like I’m going to confess again?”

“Girls hate guys who talks more but their action shows otherwise. They pay attention to the small details, smart and simple. Three roses means I like you but do not say it directly. Just give it to her as a part of your apology and she will get what you mean.”

“Is that so?”

“That way, she’ll take your apology seriously so do not ever make the same mistake twice” She warned.

Moon Bin seemed to agree and the two continues their way to the music room. They can only hear the instrumentals coming from the music room and Yuna’s mesmerizing vocals while on their way but as they get nearer, they heard some footsteps from behind.

Feeling tensed by that, Moon Bin pulled Sinb to hide inside an empty room and checks through the window to see who owns those footsteps.

“Aren’t they the basketball team?”

Moon Bin recognized as the group passes through the corridor. Aside from the basketball team, they were followed by some of Yuna’s friends. Eunbi on the other hand was just peeking through the window, trying to analyze what was happening and why there are so many people now.

Moon Bin was about to reveal himself when Eunbi held his forearm and tried to stop him.

“Let’s stay here for a while” She said.

They continue to peek through the doors and there they saw the whole basketball team dragging Daniel to the room who was holding a teddy bear and small bouquet of roses. One moment and they hear everyone giggling and starts chanting Yuna and Daniel’s name.

Another guy found a guitar from the music room and starts playing a song in which Daniel follows by singing. His voice is trembling but he seems trying his best while walking shyly near Yuna.

Yuna even scold her friends for being loud. She was nervous but they can tell she’s not annoyed by the surprise.

Just then everyone gets loud and cheers their name again when Daniel finally gave the flowers to Yuna in which the latter accepted with a warm smile. Whatever Daniel told her that time was for theirs to keep.

Although their feelings are somehow mutual and both receives abundance support from both of their friend groups, Yuna remains serious and responsible with her duties as school student President while Daniel remains uninterested to pursue anything aside from Basketball and E-Sports.

Yuna just gave a stern look to her friends while saying “Whoever planned this” and show a fist.

“Hey, this is our last year in high school so please be free from your President duty for awhile and enjoy the moment” A friend named Eunha replied.

Moon Bin took Eunbi’s hands and gave her the roses before he quietly left with his head down.

A frown formed on Eunbi’s face while witnessing the scene. She can somehow symphatize with what Moon Bin felt and feels guilty for bringing him there at the wrong time.

“Sorry for that” The only thing she can say while running after Moon Bin.

“Not anyone's fault” He said in reply but devastation can be felt in his words.

“But still”

“Let’s just have your favorite tteokbokki as I promise in exchange”

He suddenly wrap his arms around Eunbi’s neck and drag her out of school to treat her some snacks as he promised in exchange of helping him.

While having tteokbokki at the streetside, Eunbi keeps glancing on Moonbin who was silent all the time. Then the scene from earlier flashes in her mind and it breaks her heart to feel how painful it is for Moon Bin.

“Hey, don’t give me silent treatment! Do you regret coming there?” Eunbi asks to break the silence.

“I regret hiding, I’m just a step away though” He replies while staring from afar.

“This guy seriously”

While shaking her head, Eunbi saw a familiar figure at the bus stop on the opposite road. She observes the girl from that distance and once sure it was Yuna, she wondered why she is alone without the bouquet that Daniel gave her earlier.

“Hey, do you still have plans to apologize to Yuna? She asks Moon Bin who is now busy digging in his food.

“Yeah of course, I will do it in no time if I were given a chance” He replies.

“Now is the time then” Eunbi suddenly grabs Moon bin’s arms and pulls him away from the store.

“Yah! What was that, I’m not done with my food!” Moon Bin complains.

“I saw Yuna at the other side of the road, do you want to go for it now?”

After checking if Yuna was there alone, Moon Bin nods and Eunbi gives him back the roses from earlier. The two runs to the other side of the road before the bus reaches the stop. With sweats on his forehead, Moon Bin shows himself in front of Yuna who was stunned by his sudden appearance.

“I, I’m sorry for everything I did back then. Will you accept my apology this time?” Moon Bin said with his sincere eyes while offering the 3 pieces of roses.

While trying to pick out her words, the bus suddenly arrives. Eunbi noticed that Yuna was torn between accepting the roses or setting her foot on the waiting bus so she came in front of the bus and signals the driver to wait for a second.

“I’m really sorry, this will be the last time and I promise not to disturb you anymore” Moon Bin continues to plead.

While staring at his pleading eyes, Yuna finally accepted the roses without saying a word then gets into the bus.

Eunbi runs to Moon Bin when the bus finally leaves and the two celebrates, jumping and giving each other’s high five. Yuna lets out a sigh and shakes her head while watching the two from the side mirror.

“They’re too persistent” She whispered to herself.

"We did it!" Moon Bin shouted and hugged Eunbi for being too excited.

"The next step, I hope we can to bring back the friendship we lost" He continues.

Eunbi was just staring at him with a doubtful smile when he said that.

"I'm sorry Moon Bin, but I think it's not you I'm helping anymore. I just want you to stop being that kind of guy from her perspective" She thought by herself on her way back home while evaluating Moon Bin's past actions towards Yuna and the messages he sent that made the latter hate him at some point.

 

[January 2030 - Present time]

MC: “It was known that you never dated anyone, but did you ever had a special relationship with someone?"

Yuna: “I has been a long time since it happened, but I somehow received an unconditional love. Someone who helps me endure the trying times during hot summers and stood by my side every cold winter.”

 

Author Note:

I’m sorry for more characters being added here, I need to write every of their back story to build their foundation.

Ps. I’m uploading this midnight because I can’t sleep for catching a cold.