VI - Meet you Halfway

Season's of Love

While waiting for their first class, Yerin gets seated beside Yuna for some heads up.

“Hey, don’t you find Eunbi’s actions being odd these days?” Yerin asks.

“Like how?” Yuna replies.

“Like she’s treating you so well.”

“Isn’t it quite good? Don’t you also treat me well?” She responds with a frown.

“Well yes, but I don’t always put you first.” Yerin emphasized

“Do not over think, it must be Moon Bin asking her to watch over and treat me well. It all happened since the day he promised not to annoy me anymore” Yuna explains.

“That’s why you conclude that Eunbi was treating you insincerely?”

“It’s hard for me to get along with her at first, because I always think she’s shadow acting for her friend’s favor. But I am more comfortable now that she has been treating me good instead of giving me war for whatever reason” She explains further.

Yerin tries to understand her friend’s evaluation but she can see on Yuna’s look that she is also curious at some point.

But knowing Yuna who hates giving meaning to someone’s mixed signals. She will better convince herself that Eunbi’s actions towards her were normal as classmates.

“But I am really curious, should I ask if she likes you?” Yerin insists.

“What? there is no point of asking, just let the person be”

“But you’re also curious, aren’t you?”

She just shook her head without an answer.

“You can’t lie to me, I know your No NO’s and Yes NO’s” Yearin teases.

“Try to annoy her sometimes. If she does not get mad, it means she like you at some extent” She added.

“Should we really be concerned about this?”

“Definitely yes, cause your eyes say YES” Yerin responds excitedly.

“Whether I am curious or not, it is not our right to ask or expose someone’s feelings against their will. I already had enough from avoiding someone and stand beside him uncomfortably just because everyone tries to push us together.”

Yuna scolded and their conversation ended when the class started as soon as the teacher arrived. But while listening to the class, some of her thoughts distracted her.

 

“But I hope he’s not the reason why you’re treating me differently and keep opposing my ideas.” - Eunbi

“What do you like? It’s on me only for this time” - Eunbi

“I am starting to doubt that you hate me, or do you like Yuna?” – Eunha to Eunbi

“Isn’t it quite good? Don’t you also treat me well?” – Yuna to Yerin

“Well yes, but I don’t always put you first.” Yerin to Yuna

 

During the breaktime she sees Eunbi and Eunha walking together at the canteen while she is refilling her bottled water.

“Try to annoy her sometimes. If she does not get mad, it means she like you at some extent” – Yerin

Eunha calls her name and she smiles to both girls while walking towards her. Her mind thought fast and acts like her shoe stepped on a slippery floor and end up spilling the water on Eunbi’s arm. She makes sure the water will not spill that much cause she’s not that evil to purposely annoy someone.

“Omg, I am sorry” She tries to look worried while wiping the water on Eunbi’s arm by her hand.

“No problem, it didn’t spill on my shirt” Eunbi replies with a reassuring smile.

After their breaktime, they were at the girl’s locker room to change for their P.E. shirt. Yuna notices Eunbi trying to wipe a dirt on her new white shoes. She decided to walk with her and act like she accidentally steps on Eunbi’s brand-new shoes when they reach the door.

“Goodness! I am so sorry”

Eunbi’s face blushes red. She always maintains her shoes clean whether it is brand new or an old shoe. But Yuna steps on the part of the lace where it was hard to clean and she can’t just wipe it off. Feeling guilty, Yuna sat down to check the dirt but Eunbi stops her.

“No need, I’ll just clean it up when I get home” She smiles but it was so obvious she’s trying to conceal the pierce on her heart because of her sneakers.

During their P.E. class the girls are playing volleyball against each other. When it is Yuna’s turn to serve, the ball happens to accidentally land on Daniel’s head. The girls giggles and starts teasing them both, calling it a destiny that the ball from Yuna’s hands willingly travelled to reach Daniel just like their feelings.

“Why is she so clumsy today” Eunbi thought.

 “Whooo, no need to worry. Daniel won’t get mad, you can never get mad on someone you like” Eunha shouted.

Daniel just shook her head when everyone refuses to take the ball back so he had no choice but to kindly hand it back to Yuna. The shy girl takes the ball while trying to apologize. Because of their non stop-teasing, Yuna’s face turns red for feeling embarrassed.

While Yuna was trying to recover from that moment, her eyes accidentally caught Eunbi’s eyes looking towards her.

“Try to annoy her sometimes. If she does not get mad, it means she like you at some extent” – Yerin

“Whooo, Don’t worry Daniel won’t get mad. You can never get mad on someone you like.” -Eunbi

“I am starting to doubt that you hate me, or do you like Yuna?” - Eunbi

Yerin’s words replay on Yuna’s mind as well as Eunha’s words replays on Eunbi’s mind. They both immediately look away from each other while thinking of the same thing.

For the first time, Eunbi started to question herself and doubt what she feels that time. She feels like her body and heart isn’t listening to her mind from that moment.

“It’s not that I like her” Eunbi denies it to herself”

 

 

[March of 2030- Present time]

“Ms. Choi? The show will start soon, please get ready” A staff who is knocking from behind the door reminded.

Yuna snaps back to reality from getting mesmerized at the window view of the dusk before sunset.

“Okay, will come out in a minute” She replies.

But she takes that time to post the snaps of captivating sky. After viewing other stories on her feed, she decided to call a friend for a while.

Within few seconds, the person from the other line answers her call immediately

“Yerin eonnie”

“What’s up? Don’t you have a guesting tonight?” The other girl said as soon as she picked up, knowing that her friend’s schedule was jam packed.

“Yeas, but it’s just a short call. I will take a short break in 3 months. Can you ask others if their schedules are free for the coming summer?”

“Why so sudden?” Yerin giggles from the other line.

“It’s been like two years since we last travelled altogether” Yuna explains.

“I know, don’t worry I will let them know” She added.

“Yaay! Thanks, I will ask my staffs to organize everything for us”

 

To be continued…