Part 3

His wife, not his lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Jimin could only watch her as she cried beside him on the passenger’s seat.

 

He feels mad and disgusted because of his cousin..

How could he make her wait all night? And what? He was with Jennie because he had to watch over her? He must be nuts!

 

But on the other hand, he feels really bad for this woman.. he wants to do something for her.. he wants to be able to help her in any way but he knows he can’t.. because he isn’t the one she needs..

 

And it just .. because he also gets hurt while doing nothing to ease her pain..

 

“Don’t mind me and just drive..” said Jisoo wiping her tears as she turned to him a little.

 

She feels embarrassed yet thankful to him..

If he hadn’t come then she would still be feeling pitiful in the middle of the streets under the rain..

 

“I wasn’t even looking at you.. I was just worried you’d make my car dirty..” he said teasing her.

 

Jisoo chuckled.

 

“My tears aren’t dirty..” she said in a small voice. 

 

There was a moment of silence between them as she stared outside the window.

 

The rain has almost stopped.. just like her tears.. 

Strangely.. she feels a lot better after crying her heart out..

 

But then she realized that Jimin was  driving towards a different direction from her house.

 

“Where are we going?” she asked confused. 

 

Jimin smiled a little.

 

“My house..” he said glancing at her to see the confusion in her face. 

 

Jisoo’s eyes widened.

 

“Your.. house?” she asked bewildered. 

 

But she knows he lives near the company.. and this place is a lot further from there..

 

“You’ll end up waiting for him all night if you go home now..” said Jimin taking a deep breath.

 

Jisoo lowered her gaze a little.

That’s true.. she won’t be able to sleep anyway..

 

“I come here once in a while when I’m stressed at work..” Jimin said parking the car.

 

Jisoo’s lips were curled up as she followed him.

The house wasn’t very big but it had an amazing view..

It was located on a hill and she could clearly see Namsan tower from where she was standing..

 

“Pretty, isn’t it?” said Jimin as he watched her smiling.

 

Jisoo nodded.

 

“I’ll take a picture of this immediately..” she said taking her phone out of her pocket.

 

Jimin laughed at her.

Did she already forget what happened to her before?

She looks too happy now that he won’t believe she was crying until a few moments ago..

 

They entered his house and Jisoo immediately went to sit on the couch.

 

“Can you give me a pillow and a blanket?” she asked putting her bag on the floor and preparing herself to sleep.

 

Jimin shook his head.

 

“Let’s go upstairs..” he said walking towards her. “There’s a room upstairs with a great view at night..”

 

Jisoo looked puzzled again.

He isn’t asking her to sleep in the same room as him, is he?

 

“You.. you aren’t thinking of doing anything to me, right?” she asked as she covered her chest with her arms.

 

Jimin laughed.

 

“I said I’d just accompany you to the room upstairs so I can also bring you some new and dry clothes..” he said shaking his head in disbelief. “What do you take me for? You’re really a weird woman..”

 

Jisoo heaved a sigh of relied.

She almost misunderstood him..

 

“Then.. don’t tell me you’re going to sleep here on the couch instead?”

 

Jimin nodded.

 

“I rarely have a guest.. so don’t worry about me and just sleep comfortably..”

 

Jisoo felt embarrassed.

She even had to bother him in the middle of the night and she’s giving him more troubles now..

 

“Just sleep there without complaining..” said Jimin pushing her towards the stairs. “I’m just treating my cousin’s wife well..”

 

Jisoo pulled herself away from him as she took a step upstairs..

 

“Okay.. I will sleep there.. but I promise to pay you back l.. what should I do for you? Should I cook for you? Or should I buy you something?”

 

Jimin smiled widely.

 

He just wants her to be happy.. he just wants her to stop crying anymore..

That’s the only thing he wants yet he can’t do that for her..

 

He will never make her happy the way Taehyung does to her..

 

 

———————-

 

 

It was past midnight when Taehyung came home.

He noticed the lights were turned off already.

Is Jisoo sleeping now? Or did she wait for him to come home?

 

He sighed as he felt himself the worst husband ever..

How could he forget he made her wait for him at the cinema?

He could hear her voice trembling as they spoke over the phone earlier..

Couldn’t he have called her first? Why did he have to make her call him and ask him where he was?

Why is he so stupid? How can he be so selfish?

 

He stopped before Jisoo’s door.

Should he check on her first? Should he tell her he’s home now?

 

No.. he feels too ashamed of himself now and he can’t face her like this.. he needs to settle everything first.. he needs to be a man to her.. a husband.. to his wife..

 

He went straight to his room but there was no way he could sleep..

His head was filled with thoughts about Jisoo.. 

He wants to see her.. he wants to check if she’s fine.. if she has stopped crying.. if he can do anything for her..

 

It was past 6 am already and he wasn’t able to get any sleep yet..

 

He found himself in front of Jisoo’s door again..

He badly needs to see her.. he has to..

He opened the door quietly and took a few light steps inside..

 

But there was no Jisoo.. her bed was empty.. it wasn’t used..

It seems like.. she hasn’t come back yet.. that she didn’t sleep here last night..

 

Fear gripped his chest right away.

Where is she? Didn’t she say she was home last night? Where did she go?

 

He called her immediately but it was only ringing.. she wasn’t answering..

 

He called her parents only to know that they never heard from her..

 

Then where could she have gone to? Where would she go by herself?

 

He tried calling Jisoo’s number again and this time.. someone answered..

 

“Jisoo.. where are you? Why aren’t you-.?”

 

He was almost crying but hearing the voice from the other side made him go mad..

 

“Jisoo is still sleeping..” said Jimin who found her phone inside the bag she had left in the living room last night. 

 

Taehyung held his phone tightly in his hand.

 

“Why are you answering her phone? And why.. are you together?”

 

Jimin chuckled.

 

“We slept at my vacation house last night.. that’s why..”

 

Taehyung hung up immediately as he took the car keys.

 

 

———————-

 

 

Jimin was already waiting for Taehyung by the door.

He knew his cousin would come right away..

It was just what he wanted.. he provoked him purposely..

 

Taehyung came out of his car furiously and grabbed him by his collar.

 

“Have you gone crazy?” he asked loudly as he tightened his g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter