Part 4

His wife, not his lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Taehyung sent Jisoo home first with Jimin’s help.

He had no choice.. he couldn’t leave Jennie’s mother alone.. but he couldn’t ask Jisoo to stay with him in the hospital..

 

Jimin looked worried as he parked his car in front of Jisoo and Taehyung’s house.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked grabbing her by her arm before she could open the door.

 

Jisoo turned back to him faking a smile.

 

“Nothing happened to me.. of course I’m okay..” she replied unable to look into his eyes.

 

“You don’t have to lie to me Jisoo..” said Jimin lifting her chin so he could see her in the eye.

 

Her eyes were quivering.

 

Jisoo sighed.

 

“I’m just.. worried.. but at the same time.. I feel bad and-..”

 

“We don’t know yet Jisoo.. stop overthinking..” said Jimin patting her arm. “Everything will be fine so stop worrying about something that hasn’t even happened yet..”

 

Jisoo smiled hearing his comforting words.

That’s right.. why is she even thinking of it? Nothing bad should happen to Jennie.. just like what Jimin said, everything will be okay..

 

“Thank you..” she said looking into his eyes. “You.. are always cheering me up.. like a real friend.. thank you Jimin..”

 

And she went out of his car.

 

Jimin leaned his back against his seat.

A real friend.. it was supposed to make him happy but why did he feel his heart ache when she said those words?

 

 

———————

 

 

It was almost midnight when Taehyung came home.

He could already see from the garden that the lights inside were still .

Is Jisoo not sleeping yet? Isn’t she supposed to be in their room at this time?

 

He pushed the door open and found her lying on the couch.. asleep.. and on top of the table.. there were two cups of tea..

She must have tried to stay awake to wait for him..

 

He carried her in his arms and brought her to their room where he lain her gently on bed.

 

She should have put on some jacket or something to cover herself.. it must have been cold sleeping in the living room..

 

He knelt on the floor just beside her as he held her face with a hand.

He was supposed to take her to see the fireworks tonight but he didn’t..

 

He kissed her on her forehead for a long time waking her up.

 

“You’re home?” she asked smiling as soon as she saw him before her. 

 

She sat up immediately.

 

“What happened? Is there any improvement?” she asked worriedly.

 

Taehyung sat on the bed facing her.

 

“She hasn’t woken up yet.. they say it might take a few days.. or even a week..” he said holding her hands tightly. “Now go back to sleep.. you must have been tired today..”

 

Jisoo pulled him into a hug while wrapping her arms around his neck.

 

She wasn’t saying anything but Taehyung could understand what she was feeling that moment..

He also hugged her tightly as he kissed on her temple.

 

“I love you..”

 

He heard her speak those words softly against his ears.

 

He pulled himself back before holding her hands and kissing them.

 

“I love you too.. I love my beautiful wife the most..” he said smiling as he looked at her. “So.. do not worry about anything else..”

 

Jisoo nodded.

He’s right.. she won’t worry anymore.. she won’t think of anything anymore..

 

Taehyung pulled the blanket up to her chest before kissing her on .

 

“Goodnight Jisoo..”

 

 

——————

 

 

Jisoo woke up alone on bed the next morning.

She looked at the time.. it was only 7.. did Taehyung wake up early today?

 

She stood up quickly as she checked the bathroom but she didn’t find him there..

 

“Taehyung.. where are you?” she asked loudly as she went out of the room heading to the living room then to the kitchen.

 

But he wasn’t anywhere..

It seems like he left early today without telling her..

 

She was sighing as she went back to their room when she heard the door opening.

 

“Why are you already up? It’s still early..” said Taehyung upon coming in.

 

Jisoo ran to hug him right away.

 

“Where did you go? Why did you leave without telling me? Why did you-..?”

 

She had tears in her eyes as she looked at him.

 

Taehyung wiped her tears right away.

 

“Did you have a nightmare?” he asked kissing her on her cheeks. “I didn’t leave you.. I just went out to throw the trash away..”

 

Jisoo heaved a sigh of relief.

 

She thought.. that he had already gone to see Jennie in the hospital..

 

She knows she shouldn’t be jealous in a situation like this.. something bad happened to Jennie yet she’s still being unreasonable.. but she can’t help but become worried..

 

“Shall I wake you up from your bad dream?” asked Taehyung smiling at her as he carried her to the couch.

 

He let her sit on his lap facing him as his hands wrapped around her back.

 

“My wife looks beautiful even after just waking up..” he said kissing her softly.

 

Jisoo smiled a little as she held him closer to her.. her hands on the back of his head allowing him to kiss her deeply..

 

And slowly.. her worries.. fears.. anxieties were disappearing.. while she felt something within her melting as they showered each other with love.

 

 

———————-

 

 

It was after a few days that Jennie finally opened her eyes.

 

And as the doctor had expected, she has forgotten some of her memories.. 

She can only remember up to a year ago.. which means.. the time before Jisoo and Taehyung were introduced to each other for their arranged marriage..

 

She thinks she’s still dating Taehyung while working as his secretary.. and she has completely erased Jisoo in any part of her memory..

 

Taehyung was put in a very difficult situation as he didn’t want to hurt her by telling her the truth right away.. but at the same time, he wanted to tell her everything because he knew Jisoo would suffer..

 

And to make matters worse, even Jennie’s mom is still treating him as her boyfriend making him feel bad for them..

 

It took him some days to make a decision..

He’s going to tell Jennie and her mother that they have already broken up.. he cannot wait for her to regain her memories..

 

It was tearing him apart to see Jisoo in that difficult state.. although she told him it was fine to spend time with Jennie in the hospital and to take care of her.. he knows she was feeling jealous..

And he understands that..

What he was doing is really ridiculous..

 

“Where are you going?” asked Taehyung as he saw Jisoo coming out of their room all dressed.

 

He smiled seeing her looking really pretty from head to toe.

 

“To Jhope’s company..” said Jisoo smiling a little.

 

Taehyung walked towards her and held her hand tightly.

 

“Shall I drive you there?” 

 

Jisoo shook her head.

 

“Jimin will meet up with me at the convenience store and drive me there so just go to the company..”

 

Taehyung wanted to be jealous but he couldn’t..

His cousin has been helping him a lot these days.. not just in the company but even with Jisoo..

Since he’s spending some time with Jennie in the hospital after work.. his cousin would drive Jisoo home sometimes or take her somewhere to have a breathe of fresh air..

 

“Hmm.. about.. Jennie..” said Jisoo softly as she lowered ger gaze a little.

 

She knows of his plan to tell Jennie the truth.. Taehyung has already told her..

 

“Shouldn’t we.. wait for a little more to tell her-..?”

 

“We talked about this already..” said Taehyung right away.

 

It’s been over a week since he has been pretending in front of Jennie and his mother..

A week already since he has been hurting his wife face to face..

 

Jisoo is so kind and nice to everyone but very harsh on herself.. she always ends up hurt for putting others first..

 

Jisoo looked straight at his eyes.

 

“Please? Let’s wait for a few more days..” she said almost tearing up. “I’m just.. afraid she’d collapse again..”

 

Taehyung looked away from her.

He feels mad.. not at her but at himself for making her go through this because of his selfishness..

 

But Jisoo hugged him tightly easing him.

He feels reassured just by one touch from her..

 

 

———————-

 

 

Jisoo was on Jimin’s car after leaving Jhope’s company.

 

“So Jhope gave you the catalogue..” said Jimin looking at what she was holding in her hands. “You haven’t opened it yet?”

 

Jisoo turned to him with a smile.

 

“I will open it with Taehyung later.. he said he wants to see it with me..” she replied as she held it tightly.

 

“Shall I bring you to the company first? Do you want to see him?” 

 

Jisoo shook her head.

 

“He must be busy there.. I don’t want to disturb him..”

 

Jimin smiled.

Well.. if he really brings her to his cousin, that punk will not work anymore and just stick with his wife all day.. 

 

Then he noticed Jisoo became quiet.

 

“What’s wrong?” he asked cautious. “I’d prefer hearing you talk nonstop instead of-..”

 

“Can you bring me to the hospital instead?” asked Jisoo turning her head a little.

 

Jimin stopped the car on the side of the road immediately.

 

“This isn’t the right time to see Jennie yet.. you might get emotional and she might be more confused and-..”

 

“I’ll pretend to be a friend of you or maybe an employee..” she said worked up. “I just want to see how she is.. I will not say anything to her to make her condition worse and-..”

 

Jimin grabbed her arm.

 

“Do you think I’m worried about Jennie-..?” he said it before he knew it. “I mean.. I’m just worried you’d be the one to collapse.. look at yourself.. is Taehyung even feeding you right? Are you sick? You look pale and thin..”

 

Then he saw her lips curling up..

That smile of hers.. it’s killing him..

How can she smile like that when she’s hurting?

 

“You.. can really see through me..” said Jisoo leaning back as she held the magazine tightly on her stomach.

 

 

————————-

 

 

 

Jennie was alone when Jisoo entered her room.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter