The times we spend together

Found

Nara’s POV

Junhyung friend and Junhyung boyfriend is really different. He is constantly paying attention to me, making funny faces at me whenever we meet coincidentally and really much cuter than before. Like a puppy wanting your attention.

We intended to keep it from the other boys for awhile, but we were caught red-handed by Kikwang because we were kissing in the corridor. His reaction was so dramatic. He literally shouted ‘HYUNG, WHO ARE YOU KISSING!?’

Junhyung got a shock and accidentally bit his own tongue. Till today, I had no idea how he bit his own tongue while we were kissing, but I guess it is just one of the many wonders of Yong Junhyung.

To our surprise, they were pretty supportive of our relationship.

“We knew it would be a matter of time.” Doojoon said.

I was at their place for dinner, because Junhyung say I cannot even cook myself a decent meal, therefore he has to feed me before he has to be asked to recognize my corpse. What an . But a really sweet one~

“Were we that obvious?” I asked, feeding Junhyung who suddenly seem to have lost the use of his hands.

“I don’t know about you, but Junhyungie here is changed a lot since you owww!!” Doojoon whined suddenly.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, looking at him worriedly.

Doojoon was about to say something when I caught Junhyung glaring at him. I looked at Junhyung who gave me his famous puppy eyes and a slight pout. I laughed and pat his cheek.

“The both of you can just enjoy dinner while we sink into the arms of loneliness.” Yoseob said.

“Hahahaha! No! Alright, sorry.” I said.

We continued dinner with them telling me a lot of Junhyung and his weird stories.

“You’re such a dork.” I commented when we were alone at my place, still thinking over what the boys told me.

“I’m not a dog.” He pouted.

“I said, dork, with the K, not dog.” I handed him a cup of tea.

“I want Coke.” He pouted.

“No. Drink this or nothing at all.” I said.

“So controlling.” He said.

“Like as if you’re not.” I said.

“We haven’t been on a date in a long time.” He sighed.

“We went for a movie last week.” I said.

“And we both fell asleep in the cinema.” He added.

I laughed, thinking back at the look on the cleaner’s face when he found us both snoring.

“It was so epic. I think I heard him mumble like ‘kids these days don’t even want to go home to sleep, they rather pay to sleep in a cinema’ or something like that.” He said.

“I know! I think I heard too! He gave us that dirty look as thou we did something weird.” I said.

“Old men these days~” He said.

“Yah! So mean!” I slapped his thigh.

“Can I sleep over?” He asked suddenly.

“Why do rather choose the couch over your comfortable bed?” I asked.

“Is it a no?” He asked, sounding disappointed.

“I didn’t say that. I just don’t understand why do you rather sleep on the couch than on your bed. We just live next doors.” I said.

“I’ll choose anywhere that I can be closer to you.” He said.

“Eww~” I cringed.

He seem to enjoy it when he successfully makes me cringe.

“Alright, go wash up and come over.” I said, smacking him for fun.

While he was at his dorm, I cleared a space in the middle of the living room and spread out blankets and pillows. I feel bad every time I see him curl up on the couch in an awkward position. Not that I don’t want to let him sleep with me, but my bed is a single.

“I’M HERE!!!” He announced his arrival.

“Hi!” I sat up.

“What are you doing on the floor?” He asked, walking over.

“What’s… this?” He asked.

“We’ll sleep here together tonight! I’ve tried to make it as soft as possible, but I think it’s still hard.” I hit the floor.

“Give me a minute.” He laughed as he ran out of the house.

He came back with a pile of blanket and pillow.

“Here!” He threw them on the floor.

“Please don’t tell me you took the boys’ blankets and pillows.” I said.

“Am I that evil!?” He looked at me.

I nodded.

“Uh oh~ You asked for it.” He tackled me to the floor.

We wrestled for a while until we were both tired.

“It’s quite comfortable.” He panted.

“What? The wrestle?” I asked.

“No! Sleeping here like that! It’s quite soft.” He said.

“Of course. There’s like three layers of blankets.” I said.

“Mmm~” He pulled me closer to him.

“So tired~” He said in a slur.

“Then sleep.” I said.

“Turn off the lights…” He mumbled.

I went to turn off the lights. I had a hard time finding my way back because of the sudden darkness.

“OUCH!” He yelled.

“Oh! I found you!” I said, lying down beside him.

“You find me by stepping on me?” He asked.

“Where did I step?” I asked.

“My stomach!” He complained.

“Guessed as much. It was so soft~” I rubbed his belly.

“Are you calling me fat?” He asked.

I pretended to snore loudly. He kept asking, and I kept snoring.

“I know you’re not asleep. But it’s fine. Goodnight, darling. Love you.” He kissed my forehead.

He fell asleep finally, so did I.

***

Beast have been really busy preparing for their comeback and the times Junhyung and I spent together have been really limited. They were either overseas or in the company.

“Hello? Nara?” A different voice answered when I called.

“Did I call the wrong number?” I asked myself, looking at the screen. It is Junhyung’s name, but why isn’t it him?

“You did not call the wrong number. It’s just me answering Junhyung’s phone. Hyunseung here.” He said.

“Oh, Hyunseung. Where’s.. Junhyung?” I asked.

“He’s asleep. We’re on our way back. He seem to have caught the flu bug.” He said.

“I know. He did not sound too good when we last chatted on the phone.” I said.

“Mmm.. I think he’s running a fever too. Do you happen to have medication at your place? We ran out of them.” He said.

“I think I do. Tell you what, bring him to my place later on. I’ll take care of him, so you guys can get some rest.” I said.

“Alright, we’ll be reaching in about ten minutes.” He said.

After hanging up the call with Hyunseung, I went to search for the medicine I bought a few days ago. I knew he was falling sick, so I bought medication just in case.

My doorbell rang. My heart ached at the sight of Junhyung who was pale and weak but still smiling at me.

“Hi, sweet~” He said in a soft voice.

“Thanks guys. Get some rest too.” I said, holding Junhyung up.

They smiled and nodded before going back to their dorm. They all look so tired. These days, there is not much sound coming from their dorm.

“Are you okay?” I asked, feeling his forehead. He was burning up.

“I’m fine.” He said, curling up on the couch.

“Don’t lie there, go to the room.” I pulled him up.

He was practically leaning on me and not using any strength at all. I had to drag him to the room. Not that I blame him actually. I know he does not have any strength at all.

“Why is it so cold?” He asked, hugging himself.

Neither the fan nor the air con was .

“Because you’re sick.” I said, taking off his jacket for him.

“Don’t… It’s cold.” He tugged his jacket closer to his body.

“Take it off and I’ll wrap you in the blanket. Come on.” I said.

“Please don’t.” He said, almost crying.

“Alright, alright.” I kissed his cheek, wrapping the blanket over him.

“I’ll go get you medicine. Don’t fall asleep yet, okay?” I said.

He nodded, but when I came back, he was asleep, shivering despite being under the blanket and his thick clothes.

“Hey, wake up for a bit.” I whispered, shaking him slightly.

“Mmm~” He made a sound that sounded like a whimper.

“Are you in a lot of pain?” I asked.

“I’m.. fi..ne..” He mumbled, struggling to sit up.

I helped him up, supporting him with my arm, allowing him to lean onto me completely.

“Open your mouth.” I said.

He did as he was told. I dropped in a tablet and let him onto the water.

“Don’t choke.” I said.

He collapsed onto the bed the moment I let him go.

“Get well soon. I don’t like seeing you so sick.” I said, putting a cold towel over his forehead.

He held onto my hand tight as he slept. His hand felt warm, but it is not the kind of warm I would ever wish to feel from him again.

***

Junhyung’s POV

We were spacing out on the couch after a long day at work when we were startled by a loud sound. It sounded like something exploded, or something broke.

“What’s that sound?” Doojoon asked.

We got up and looked around, trying to find the source of the sound. It was not coming from our place, for sure. We looked downstairs, but the streets were clear.

“Nara…” I mumbled, rushing for the door.

“Junhyung!” I heard Hyunseung yell after me.

I banged on Nara’s door, totally forgetting the fact I had her passcode.

“Nara! Baby! Are you okay!?” I shouted.

“Don’t you have her passcode?” Yoseob asked.

“I do.” I mumbled as I hurriedly punch in the numbers.

We were shocked when smoke choked us.

“What… the…” Kikwang mumbled, coughing because of the smoke.

“NARA!!” I yelled when I saw her standing at the corner, staring at something.

“Baby girl! Are you okay!? What happened!? Are you hurt!?” I shook her.

The other boys hurried to open the windows to let the smoke out. She seemed to be in shock. She looked at me blankly.

“Hey! Talk to me! Are you okay!?” I shouted.

She nodded slightly.

“What happened!?” I asked.

“What were you trying to do!?” Doojoon frowned.

I turned and saw the mess in the kitchen. There were glass bits and ramen on the floor, and the microwave… seemed like it exploded.

I looked at her and decided that it was not the time to press her for explanation. I let her sit down while we helped to clean up the place. After we were done, I went back to her.

“Are you okay?” I asked, handing her a cup of water.

She seemed better now.

“What happened?” I asked.

“I… was trying.. to cook.. ramen.” She said, looking slightly embarrassed.

“Uh huh?” I pinched her cheek lightly.

“I used the microwave.” She said.

“Why didn’t you use the stove?” Dongwoon asked.

“I can’t turn on the fire without a lighter. I forgot to replace my old one.” She said.

“And then? Why did the microwave explode? Is it too old or something?” I asked.

“I don’t know.” She said.

“How did you cook the ramen?” Yoseob asked.

“I put the noodles in a bowl with water and the seasoning.” She said.

“And may I ask how long did you set the time for?” I asked.

“Only ten minutes.” She said.

“TEN!!” We gasped. I almost fainted.

We looked at her, but she looked at us as thou there was nothing wrong.

“Gosh~” Doojoon laughed.

“I thought ten minutes was too short. I almost wanted to put fifteen or something. It takes time for the water to boil and the noodle to soften, no?” She asked.

“If you put fifteen minutes, I doubt we’ll be sitting here talking to you now. Your house would be on fire and I would most probably be crying.” I said.

“No one uses a microwave for so long, Nara~ Unless you’re baking a cake or something.” Hyunseung said.

“Then how long?” She asked.

“Three minutes! But forget it, never do such things again. Use the stove if you want to cook. No. I take back my words. Don’t ever cook again. You’re hungry, come to me. I’ll cook for you.” I said.

“But didn’t you realize your microwave going crazy and making a lot of sound while it was boiling? Why didn’t you stop it?” Yoseob asked.

“I was in the room.” She said.

“Luckily you were in the room. Or else it would have exploded in your face.” I said.

She pouted at me while the others laughed, still unable to believe what she just did.

I went back to our dorm and came back to her house a while later with a pot of ramen in my hand.

“Wah!” She smiled.

“Do you know how worried I was when I saw you all shocked and with smoke all over your house?” I said, watching her eat.

“Sorry~” She said while she slurp the noodles.

“Eat slowly~” I laughed, pushing her hair away from her face.

I think I need to enroll this girl into some home safety course so she would not kill herself when I am not around. How is it that she is capable of living alone, seriously?

***

I leaned against the wall, looking at my watch for the nth time. Where the hell is this girl? We were supposed to meet three hours ago. I called and texted her, but no replies at all. I know I should not be getting angry because perhaps she was caught up in school or something, but I was worried and tired.

“Where in the freaking world are you!?” I snapped when she finally called me back.

“Out with my friends. Is something wrong?” She asked.

“Where, again?” I asked.

“With my friends. I was in the movies just now. What’s wrong? Why are you yelling at me the moment I call?” She asked.

“You’re out with your friends?” I asked.

“I can’t?” She asked.

“Sure! Of course you could! Have so much fun, alright?” I yelled, ending the call.

I waited for her for three hours and she had the cheek to tell ask me what is wrong. Seems like she has totally forgotten about our date after all.

“Why are you back so early? I thought you were meeting Nara?” Hyunseung asked as I entered the dorm.

“Do not even mention her name!” I threw the movie tickets I bought on the floor as I kicked off my shoes.

“Did you guys argue?” He asked.

“Argue? I wish we did!” I yelled back.

I should not be yelling at him but I had to vent my anger or else I would go crazy.

He looked at me, not saying anything.

“Sorry… I…” I sighed.

“What happened?” He asked calmly.

“She forgot about our date.” I said.

“Oh.” He said quietly.

“She was having the time of her life with her friends while I stood like a fool for three hours.” I said.

“I guess she did not deliberately forget.” He said.

“I know! But I kept dropping her hints, she caught none!” I yelled.

“You’re tired. Go and shower.” He said.

After I showered, I lied on my bed, still feeling angry. I would not be so pissed in the past. But I have been looking forward to this date since a long time. Because of my work, we have not been going out for quite some time. I hurried to finish my stuff and went out earlier to buy the movie tickets. I even planned where we would be having dinner and where to take her shopping and all, and yet, she did not even remember.

I must have fallen asleep because when I was awoken by something tickling my face. I opened my eyes to find Nara pouting at me. I turned away, back facing her.

“I’m so sorry, darling.” She hugged me from behind.

“Don’t be.” I said.

“I totally forgot.” She said.

“I can tell.” I said.

“Please forgive me. I’m sorry. I’m so, so, so sorry.” She apologized.

How could I ever get angry with her?

“I know you’re disappointed and all. I’m sorry.” She said, shaking me.

“Do you know how much I was looking forward to the date!? And you just…” I frowned.

“Sorry~” She pouted, cupping my cheeks.

“How could you?” I mumbled.

“Forgive me. I ditched my friends immediately after I realize.” She hugged my waist tightly.

“Oh. Wow. You want to go back to them?” I asked sarcastically.

“Don’t be angry, please. Pika~” She took out a origami Pikachu from her bag.

“Pika~ Pika~” She made the Pikachu dance on my lap.

I smiled slightly, looking at the Pikachu.

“Oh! You’re smiling!” She said.

“I’m smiling because it looks stupid!” I said.

“I folded it thinking of you!” She said.

“You’re calling me stupid now?” I asked.

“I did not!” She laughed.

“Awww~ You’re very cute when angry, but don’t be angry! Don’t frown! Look at the wrinkles!” She touched my face.

“You have issues with me having wrinkles on my face?” I asked.

“Of course not! Even if your face is as crumpled as a wrinkled shirt, I’ll still love you.” She said.

“Tsk~” I could not hide my smile.

“Pika~” She made the Pikachu touch my nose.

My stomach growled embarrassingly.

“I get it! Let’s go feed that tummy! Pika!” She dragged me out of the room.

We missed our movie, but we had a sumptuous meal together. We still had our date in the end, half a date, technically. And it was nice knowing someone would go all out just to make you smile again.