Accused

Found

Nara’s POV

“Best day of my life.” I mumbled as I unpacked my stuff.

“Arghhh!! Damn it!” I kicked the box away, hugging my knees, feeling so pissed off.

I moved here because it was pretty secluded and quiet, just what I needed to study for my finals. But now with him as my neighbor, I am pretty sure I am in for a whole new exciting adventure.

‘Let’s have fun, neighbor.’ His words kept replaying in my mind, and his stupid, stupid smirk!

A knock on my door disrupted me from my thoughts.

“Coming!” I shouted as I headed over to the door.

The person knocked again, louder this time.

“I SAID I AM COMING!” I yelled as I opened the door.

“Ouh. I’m sorry. I didn’t hear you the first time.” Yoseob said, looking pretty shocked.

“No no no~ I didn’t mean it that way. It’s just, yea. So, yes? May I help you?” I asked.

“It’s really old fashion, but well we’re traditional people.” He handed me a box.

“Sorry, it’s supposed to be kimchi or is it some other food but we don’t have those at home. We just came back from Japan and bought some stuff, if you would just accept this as a gift from us, and hopefully we’ll get along well.” He said, handing me a paper bag.

“I.. I can’t..” I mumbled.

“It’s just some food, nothing expensive. But you know how Japanese love to wrap up their stuff nicely. It just looks expensive, but it’s really not.” He assured.

“Erm.. then.. thanks.” I smiled.

“And also… Don’t mind Junnie hyung. He’s just still pretty upset over what happened before, but he’s actually a nice guy.” He said.

I smiled awkwardly. Nice, of course, to you all only.

“I shall not take up more of your time. I’ll be going back now. I hope you like the…” Before he could finish, a loud, irritating voice cut him off.

“YOSEOB ARE YOU COMING BACK OR NOT!? I’M GOING TO LOCK THE DOOR, AND YOU’LL BE OUTSIDE! FOR THE WHOLE DAMN NIGHT! IT’LL BE COLD!” The voice yelled. Junhyung.

“I’M COMING!!” Yoseob yelled.

“He’s just tired, that’s why he is grumpy. He is not like that. Really. I’ll see you around? Haha~” He waved to me before running back into his house.

“I was going to lock you outside if you were a minute slower.” Junhyung said, ruffling Yoseob’s hair.

“Aww hyung! You wouldn’t!” Yoseob jabbed Junhyung at his side and ran off.

I was smiling at his cuteness when our eyes met. He glared hard at me.

‘I’m watching you, thief.’ Junhyung mouthed before slamming the door shut.

“Yoseob got his definition of nice wrong.” I mumbled as I closed the door.

I looked at the contents inside the paper bag. A box of really pretty sweets, sushi and Rilakkuma shaped cheesecake. How are all these not expensive? But I really needed the sushi thou, I was starving.

***

It has been a week or so since I shifted here. I meet Beast all the time, in the corridor, downstairs or in the lift. They were really nice people, except for one. He never fails to not stare at me or mumble mean words whenever we pass each other. He is so childish to the point he would stand in the middle of the lift, not leaving any space just so that I could not enter. The other members try to apologize for him, but it was never their fault. If he wants to be an , why not?

One particular day, we met again at the lift lobby. They were already inside, and they saw me coming. That childish man did like what he always did; he stood in the middle, very near to the doors. I smirked at him as I walked passed them, heading for the stairs. He thinks he can keep on embarrassing me? Well, maybe he should think again.

Junhyung’s POV

It has been a week since that Nara girl shifted here. We meet at times and she is always pretending to be very nice, bowing and all to us. Psh~ How fake. She isn’t like that and she knows it very well.

I was lazing on the sofa, sipping my Coke when the stupid doorbell rang. I pretended not to hear it.

“Junhyung! Did you not hear the doorbell!?” Doojoon scolded as he ran out of the toilet, hair still wet from the shower.

“Huh? Doorbell? Oh~ It rang. Hahaha~ Sorry, I was having a pretty deep conversation with Coke.” I smiled.

“Oh really? So what were you guys talking about? Tell me about it later.” He said as he opened the door.

“We were talking about how come it can be so addictive~” I said, bending forward a little to see who it was.

“Am I disrupting something?” The voice asked, that annoying, irritating voice that dampened my mood instantly.

“No, sorry for looking so horrible. I was in the shower. Anyway, yes?” Doojoon asked.

“Oh, your letters were in my mail. I guess because your mailbox was overstuffed.” She laughed. She actually sounded quite cute. NO! What am I saying?

“Ahh really? So sorry about that!” Doojoon said, taking the stack of letters from her.

“Psh~ Are you sure they were in your mailbox? Or did you purposely put them in your mailbox so you could use this opportunity to come over to our place?” I said, walking over, taking the stack of letters from Doojoon.

Fan letters, fan letters, fan letters, and more fan letters.

Doojoon nudged me in my rib.

“Alright. I’ll be going back.” She mumbled.

“HEY, WAIT!” I pulled her back.

“What?” She glared at me. Ha! Now her real personality is out.

“Why is this opened?” I asked, waving an envelope that was torn opened.

 “What are you trying to imply?” She asked, arms folded, frowning.

“Nothing! He don’t mean anything! He is speaking gibberish because he is high on Coke” Doojoon said, pushing me into the house.

“Of course I mean something, Doojoon! Do I look like one who speaks for no reason?” I said.

“Oh, you certainly do.” She mumbled.

“I beg your pardon!?” I yelled, pointing at her.

“What is your problem exactly, you stupid petty man!” She shouted.

“What did you call me!?” I yelled.

“I called you petty!” She shouted.

“Please, stop.” Doojoon pleaded.

“What is going on?” Hyunseung asked as he came out of the room with the others.

“I’m so sorry, Nara sshi. Please don’t mind him. Please.” Doojoon said, covering my mouth.

She shook her head and walked back.

Nara’s POV

“THIEF!!!!” He yelled.

That’s it. I stopped and turned to face him.

“Really, repeat that again.” I said, glaring at him.

The other Beast members looked pretty scared, but I couldn’t be bothered.

“Thief! First you stole my passport, next you steal our fan letters, and then pretend to return it to us, but HA! The heaven’s got you! Red handed!” He yelled, throwing the stack of fan letters into my face.

“I did NOT steal your freaking passport! How many times do I have to repeat myself!? Are you deaf or are you simply dumb!? Is it water inside that skull of yours!? And why would I want your fan letters!? To read how disgusting and mushy those fan girls can get!? Please!” I shouted.

“Please stop yelling.” Yoseob begged, sounding really scared.

I looked at him, and then back at Junhyung. I felt sorry for having to behave like this in front of them, but their beloved rapper is too much!

“Then explain where did the letter go to!?” He yelled.

“How would I know!? Maybe the sasaeng fans opened it! Who knows!? If I was really keen in your letters, would I just open one!? Would I even return them to you? I bet that even if I kept these letters, none of you would have known! Especially you! Don’t act like as thou you care so much when you actually don’t!” I yelled, pointing at Junhyung.

“Don’t point at me!” He shouted, slapping my hand away.

“THEN DON’T ACCUSE ME!” I shouted.

“I MMMPFFF!!!” Junhyung wanted to say something, but Hyunseung covered his mouth and dragged him into the house.

“I really did not open your letters! I swear!” I yelled, looking at Doojoon.

“I trust you. I am sorry.” He said.

“It’s true! I really did not! And I did not steal his passport! I found it! But I couldn’t find the lost and found, and then I bumped into him already! But I tore up his passport, but that’s because he kept calling me a thief!” I explained.

“I know, I know. Relax. It’s fine. Really.” He said, smiling awkwardly.

I sighed and walked back to my house.

***

“What can I get for you, Sir?” I asked as I stood at the counter.

I don’t work, but sometimes I take over for my friend who is always busy, or should I say, lazy for her night shifts. It seems more like I am the permanent worker than she is. But luckily for us, the boss of the café is flexible.

“Erm.. I want an Ice Americ..” His voice trailed off.

“Ice what?” I looked up.

Even through his sunglasses, I could recognize him. Yong Junhyung.

I almost fell to my knees. He looked pretty surprised too, but he covered it up well.

It wasn’t even three days since we argued, and now he is here, at my work place!?

“Ice Americano.” He smirked.

This order isn’t going to be easy, I could sense it behind his smirk.

“What size?” I asked.

“Medium.” He said.

“That would be 6400 won.” I said.

“I think I want the large one.” He said.

I looked at him.

“Large?” I asked.

“Yea.” He smiled, evilly.

“That would be 7000 won then.” I said, changing his order.

“No, sorry. I think medium is better.” He said.

I in a deep breath to calm myself.

“So, Ice Americano, medium. Is that right?” I asked.

“Yes.” He said.

“6400 won.” I said.

He paid and I went to make his order.

“Ice Americano, medium.” I called out as I handed him the drink.

“You know what, I think I don’t want the coffee anymore. It’s too bitter. I am already feeling very bitter.  Can I change it to a hot chocolate please? It’s the same price, no?” He said, smiling.

“Sure.” I forced a smile.

I cursed under my breath as I went to prepare his hot chocolate. Halfway through, he stopped me.

“I think a green tea latte would be better. The hot chocolate is too sweet and not really nice on the throat. You know, I need my throat to earn a living.” He said.

“So what is it that you want?” I asked, feeling slightly frustrated.

Luckily there weren’t much people around at that time.

“Green Tea Latte. Iced.” He said.

I nodded and went to make his order.

“Iced Green Tea Latte, medium.” I said, handing him his order.

“I want a Large.” He said.

“You didn’t say.” I hissed.

“You didn’t ask.” He said.

He was right. I didn’t ask. I assumed.

“Please wait.” I mumbled.

“Hurry. I don’t have much time.” He said, tapping his fingers against the counter top.

The tapping of his fingers made me nervous. I absentmindedly grabbed the metal pot with my hand, burning my palm in the process.

“Owww~” I whined softly.

“You know what, you’re too slow. Just give me the Iced Americano.” He said.

I turned to him, glaring hard.

“What?” I said.

“I said, give me the Iced Americano. You’re too slow, and you’re wasting my time.” He said.

Junhyung’s POV

I admit I was a little shocked when I watch her touch the metal pot with her palm. That stupid girl, is she blind or something? And even after that, she did not run her hand under cold water. Isn’t that what one should do instantly when scalded? Does she not have common sense? But why do I feel guilty?

“You know what, you’re too slow. Just give me the Iced Americano.” I said.

She turned to me, glaring hard.

“What?” She said.

“I said, give me the Iced Americano. You’re too slow, and you’re wasting my time.” I said.

“Are you fooling around with me?” She asked.

“I suddenly feel like drinking the coffee. I’m sorry okay?” I said.

“Sorry?” She smirked.

“Here, Iced Americano.” She said, taking the drink.

I stretched out my hand to take it but instead of taking the drink in my hand, I had it all over my face. She splashed the cup of coffee onto my face.

“YAH!!!” I yelled.

“I’m so sorry.” She said.

I leaned forward to grab her by her collar.

“You.. little.. !” I hissed.

“You brought this upon yourself.” She smirked.

“Omo! What is going on?!” A older man ran over.

“Nara! What did you do!?” He yelled.

“I am so sorry, Sir! We’ll pay for the dry cleaning of your clothes, and I’ll get you another cup of drink.” He said.

“Watch out.” I smirked at her before leaving.

As if I wasn’t cold enough because of the drink, the wind had to blow into my face.

“What happened to you!?” Yoseob shouted, grabbing a towel from the corner to wipe my wet hair.

“That !” I hissed.

“What ? Gosh, is that coffee all over you?” He smelt my shirt.

“That next door! I am going to burn her house down!” I yelled.

“Shhh hyung!” He tried to calm me down.

“Go and take a shower first before talking about it okay? Calm down.” He rubbed my arm as he pushed me into the toilet.

As I showered, I couldn’t help but think of what happened. I admit I was at fault for fooling with her. But her actions washed off the guilt I had instantly! I did not realize I had unconsciously peeled my skin as I scrubbed myself until I felt the sting from the soap.

“Why are your arms so red!?” Dongwoon shouted the moment I stepped out from the shower.

“Scratched.” I mumbled as I pushed pass him.

“Tell us what happened.” Doojoon said, shaking his head at the wounds on my arms that I tried to cover.

I sighed and told them the whole story.

“Aye.. Honestly Junhyung, you should be thankful it was the Iced Americano she poured on you. Imagine if she poured the hot chocolate on you. We’ll be seeing you in the hospital now.” Hyunseung said, staring at me.

“But she’s rude!” I yelled.

“But you started it.” Doojoon said.

“Hyung, why do you hate her so much? Do you really think it is her who stole your passport? I mean, even if she did, she apologized. This don’t sound nice, but hyung, don’t you think you’re a bit too much?” Kikwang said, looking a little scared.

“Aish!!” I got up and stomped back into my room.

For once, I actually feel that what Kikwang said made sense, I just did not want to admit. Am I really at fault? Did I really bring this upon myself?

***
PhotobucketJunhyung: I'm watching you~

Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketThe gifts Nara got from them~