Confession

Found

Nara’s POV

“You like me, right?” I .

He looked at me, not saying anything.

“Just admit it! Don’t have to be shy~” I said.

He looked down, biting his inner cheeks, looking pretty upset. Have I gone too far?

“Aie~ I’m just teasing you. Don’t look so upset!” I poked him.

“What if I say I do?” He said softly.

“What?” I asked.

“I like you! I don’t know why but I do! You’re nowhere near my ideal, but I just like you! You’re rude, mean and very violent but I like you! I think I am going crazy but I like you!” He yelled.

What… did he just say?

“Aye… Don’t… Don’t tease me. I wouldn’t.. fall for it.” I stuttered.

“Do I look like that to you!? Do I look like someone who would joke about such things? Do you think I am freaking twelve!?” He yelled, looking angry.

“Why are you yelling at me?” I asked.

“I don’t know! I am pissed, alright!” He shouted.

“Why are you pissed?” I asked.

“Stop asking me why!” He glared at me.

“I thought you said you like me. Why are you scolding me?” I asked.

“I do.” He said softly, leaning against the wall, his face buried in his palms.

I stared at him. He was still not looking up at me. We have been standing in the middle of the street for the past fifteen minutes. I was still pretty shock at his sudden confession, but I think he is in even greater shock than I am.

“Junhyung.” I called out finally.

“Just go home.” He said softly.

“You’re going to let me go home alone? I thought you said there’s a flasher around.” I said.

“There’s no flasher. I made it up.” He sighed.

I laughed, but he did not.

“What if there really is one?” I asked.

“Then kick him.” He said.

“Really? Okay then, since you think it is safe for me to go home alone at about… 1AM in the morning.. then okay, bye.” I said.

I looked at him, waiting for a response, but he did not give me any. I turned and walked off slowly, hoping he would follow up, but he did not. I was starting to get angry. He confessed to me, and then he scolded me, and now he is ignoring me. How is it that all his actions do not tally with one another?

If he likes me, then why does he look like he has made a mistake confessing to me? I was not going to just walk off without a proper explanation from him.

“Yah! Yong Jun mphfff!!!” I turned back and was greeted by his lips.

He cupped my cheeks, kissing me. I was shocked for a few seconds, but slowly sank into his kiss. It was rough at first, and then he got gentle. His lips were plump and soft. I could taste the fruity taste of lip balm on his lips. Yong Junhyung uses fruity flavor lip balm? That’s interesting.

When we pulled away, he looked even sorrier than before.

“Sor.. sorry I…” He muttered.

I touched my lips slightly, still surprised by his sudden movement.

“Unless it is a mistake, don’t apologize.” I said.

He looked up at me. He had that puppy look on him.

“You’re not… angry?” He asked.

“Well… Unless you’re telling me you’re doing this because of some freaking bet with the boys, then…” I reached for my shoe.

He shield his face immediately. He jumped when I by slapping his cheek lightly.

“Am I really that violent?” I asked.

He nodded his head.

“YAH!” I yelled, shocking him.

“Hahahaha~ Are you really Yong Junhyung? Why do you look extra cute?” I asked.

He sighed and shook his head, walking off.

“Yah yah!” I caught up with him, stopping him.

“Are you just going to walk away?” I asked.

“What can I do?” He asked.

“You confessed to me for fun?” I asked.

“Of course not!” He raised his voice.

“But just… I… pretend I never said it, okay?” He said, sounding almost like a plead.

“So that means you really confessed to me for fun?” I asked.

“No! But what? Would you be my girlfriend? Huh?” He asked, agitated, again.

“Why not?” I asked.

“What?” His eyes widened.

“Why not?” I repeated.

“You… You… like.. me too?” He looked at me with even bigger eyes.

“Well.. I honestly never thought of us in a romantic relationship. But… why not? I mean… We could.. try..” I said, looking down.

“You want to try it out with me? You don’t hate me? You don’t mind me?” He asked.

“Isn’t it every girl’s dream to be with a celebrity?” I .

“Is this why?” He asked, sounding disappointed.

“No.” I laughed, shaking my head.

“I am surprised, honestly. I never thought that you… would.. you know.. like me, or something. You wanted me dead the first time we met. But as the months passed, and we sort of.. got better, I realized, well.. perhaps that day at the airport, that’s just the ugly side of you. And we all have ugly sides.” I said.

He chewed on his lips.

“It’s not… going to be easy… because of my job.” He said softly.

“Yah!” I smacked his arm hard.

“Wae!?” He looked at me, shocked.

“What you’re doing now is like trying to sell me oranges and then when I said I’ll buy it, you tell me that these oranges may be very sour.” I said.

“But I am not an orange.” He mumbled.

“I didn’t say you’re an orange!” I said.

“But you said I’m like trying to sell you oranges. Perhaps I look like I am selling myself to you… I am not an orange.” He said softly.

“Ughhhhh!” I shook him.

He let out a smile, allowing me to shake him.

“So… would you be my girlfriend?” He asked timidly.

“Where did all your fierceness and swag disappeared to?” I asked.

“WOULD YOU BE MY GIRLFRIEND HUH!? BE MY GIRLFRIEND, WOULD YOU!? DAMN IT!” He yelled suddenly.

“I…” I looked at him.

“Sorry!” He pouted, hands clasped together.

I flicked his forehead. He let out a yelp, but did not say anything.

“You even forced me to kiss you. Can I still say no?” I asked.

“I was.. I.. Sorry.” He said.

“Don’t. Apologize.” I poked his chest.

“So would you be my girlfriend, please?” He asked sincerely.

I looked at him. This is the first time I have seen him behaving like this. Honestly, it is cute.

“I said please.” He mumbled.

“Hahahaha! Alright, because you said please.” I laughed.

“Yay!” He clapped his hands, kissing me on my cheek.

He took my bag from me and grinned.

“Stop grinning!” I elbowed his chest.

“It’s like… my lips are permanently curled up.” He said, giggling.

“Why were you so angry out of a sudden just now?” I asked.

“Because… I shouldn’t have confessed. I mean… Who wants to be with a celebrity? Of course everyone does, but when they are really in a relationship with a celebrity, they would wish they never started. I mean, who are we to love? I didn’t want to ruin you. I just… thought I could, you know, be like this… forever.” He said.

Why does my heart ache hearing him say this?

“Oh.” I said.

“And that kind of confession was so unromantic.” He mumbled.

“Indeed.” I laughed.

He looked at me sadly.

“But it was cute, and unique, and special, and Yong Junhyung.” I said.

“Hee~” He BLUSHED!

“Aigoo~ I thought someone say he is a freaking man and should not be cute?” I pinched his cheek.

“Yea, but what do I do when I am naturally cute? It’s overflowing inside me.” He said proudly.

I pushed him. He pushed me too but pull me back, putting his arm over my shoulder, pulling me close to him.

“So there’s no flasher?” I asked.

“I don’t know.” He said, smiling.

“I think the flasher is you.” I poked his stomach.

“You want to see?” He asked, wriggling his eyebrows.

“Oh my god!” I pushed him away, walking off on my own.

“Yah!!!! I was just kidding!!! Yah!!!” He whined, catching up with me, linking arms with me.

We continued to walk in silence, perhaps both of us were still feeling pretty unreal about this whole sudden change in our relationship.

“My bag is heavy, right? Let me carry it.” I said, breaking the silence.

“Indeed, it’s heavy. Do you carry rocks to school?” He asked.

“Rocks to throw at you. Come, I’ll carry it.” I said, pulling my bag from him, but he did not let me take it.

“Because it’s heavy, that’s why I am carrying it.” He said, smacking my hand lightly.

“And I’ll carry it for you every day, no matter how many rocks you decide to put inside. Even the burden on your shoulders, I’ll carry it for you. I know I am not the best person ever, neither can I promise you anything yet, because I am nothing, but give me a chance to prove myself worthy to you.” He said, sounding sincere out of a sudden.

I looked at him.

“And when your body hurts, I’ll massage you. I may not be the best at massaging, I may break your bones by accident, but if you give me a chance to try, I’ll do my best.” I said.

“My bones are yours to break.” He smiled.

“Eww cheesy~” I laughed.

When we arrived back at our corridor, he seemed reluctant to let go.

“See you~” I smiled.

He nodded, returning me my bag.

“Sleep well.” I said.

“I doubt I’ll be able to sleep.” He said.

“Why?” I asked.

“Half of me is still feeling numb from sudden change, and another half of me will perhaps miss you, therefore I think I would be awake.” He said.

“Ewww~ So cheesy~” I cringed.

“First you called me an orange, now you call me chesse, are you hungry?” He asked.

I shook my head, laughing.

“Alright, go on in.” He said.

“Don’t stand at my door and try to peep inside huh.” I .

“Aie, you spoilt my plan.” He said.

“Eww Peeping Tom~” I said.

“Now you call me Tom. I’m Junhyung, not Tom.” He said.

“Whatever~” I smacked his chest lightly before stepping into my house.

He leaned against the wall, smiling at me.

“Lock the door properly.” He said.

“The only one who would be creeping on me would be you.” I said.

“Whatever~” He laughed helplessly.

I closed the door slightly, and then opened it again. He was still there.

“Wae?” He asked.

“Just now… you said… everyone wants to be in a relationship with a celebrity, but when they are really in one, they would wish they never started. And you said, who are you to love?” I said.

He nodded.

“Just because you’re a celebrity does not mean you don’t deserve love. And if the person really loves you, she’ll love you for who you are and not what you are. If the person loves you, what is the little harassment and stress from paparazzi and fans? Therefore, Junhyung, don’t say such things, because we all deserve love, you’re no exception. And, it’s heartbreaking for the one who loves you to hear you say something so doubting about yourself.” I said.

He looked at me. I could see his eyes water, but I don’t know if it’s because he is tired or is it tears.

“Goodnight.” He said.

“Goodnight.” I smiled.

“And… I love you.” I said, shutting the door.

I heard him go back into his dorm a few minutes later.

I stared at myself in the mirror.

“Gosh~ Hahaha~” I laughed at myself.

Is this really real?