Childish

Found

Junhyung’s POV

I had to squint my eyes to see who it was running across the street towards me. High bun with bangs. My eyes widened when I saw her. Nara? Did she just call me ‘Oppa’?

“Oppa! Where were you! I thought we were to meet in the coffee shop?” She asked, linking arms with me.

I was thankful for my sunglasses or else my expression would be given away.

“Erm… I…” I stammered.

She pinched the back of my arm. I yelped a little, but got her message to play along.

“Oppa? Who are you calling ‘Oppa’?” One of the girls asked.

“I should be asking you this question, no?” Nara said.

“What?” The girl frowned.

“I was looking for my boyfriend when I saw the whole group of you following him and blocking his way. What are you? A gang?” She asked.

“Junhyung oppa! You have a girlfriend!?” One of them exclaimed.

“Junhyung?” Nara looked at me.

“Oppa, when did you change your name?” She asked.

“I… I told them… I am not whatever Junhyung they are looking for.. But they..” I mumbled.

“How long more are you going to harass my boyfriend? We have a date to go to, you know.” Nara said to the girls, sounding irritated.

The girls started mumbling among themselves.

“Who dates so late at night?” I heard one of the girls say.

“DOES IT CONCERN YOU WHAT TIME WE DATE!? DO WE EVEN KNOW YOU, EXCUSE ME!?” Nara shouted, startling me, as well as the girls.

They quickly ran away, leaving us alone. She was still linking arms with me.

“You didn’t have to shout at them.” I blabbered out.

She glared hard at me and pushed me away roughly.

“You know what, I should have shouted Yong Junhyung from across the street and watch the fan girls gobble you whole!” She raised her voice.

“Shut it!” I hissed at her, covering .

She smacked my hand away, staring hard at me.

Nara’s POV

I was walking back home when I saw a group of girls harassing a man from across the street. How odd, usually it would be the other way round.

“Are you Yong Junhyung!?” I heard one of them yell.

Yong Junhyung? What was he doing walking alone in the streets at night like that? But then again, was it really him? Judging from the ridiculous dressing, I guess it got to be him.

The streets were clear, therefore I could hear their conversation despite being across the road.

“I am not.” I heard him say.

Sounds pretty familiar, his voice. I continued to walk on, listening carefully to their conversation, not because I am interested, but simply because I want to make sure if that person is Yong Junhyung or not.

“AISH! STOP FOLLOWING ME!!” He yelled.

I confirmed it now. It is really him. His slightly whiny voice, and rudeness.

Although he was yelling at them, they did not seem to be bothered at all. In fact, they got stickier. Girls these days~

I contemplated with myself for a long time whether I should head forward to help him or not. Although I hated him and he hated me, what would it make me if I just walked away? He is the petty one here, not me.

I ran across the road, shouting ‘Oppa!’.

I kind of regretted my decision now thou. He is not even the slightest bit thankful at all. But then again, what do I expect from Yong Junhyung?

“They can still hear you, alright?” He frowned at me.

“I can make them hear me if I want. What are you going to do?” I asked.

He seemed lost for words for a second. He grumbled something under his breathe.

“I’ve never seen such a rude man in my entire life. Tell me again why did I help you?” I said, walking off.

“I didn’t ask for your help. I was perfectly fine on my own.” He said, walking behind me.

I stopped and turned to him. He cursed when he banged into me.

“What did you say?” I asked.

“Who walks and stop out of a sudden!? Where is your manners!?” He scolded.

“Where is your manners!? Someone just helped you, and not even a word of thanks? Forget the thank you, but do you have to be so rude?” I shouted.

“Thank you.” He said for the sake of it.

“Forget it.” I mumbled.

“What’s wrong with girls like you? You ask for a thank you, I said it, and you say forget it? Then why did you ask for it in the first place?” He said.

“Really, did you become a celebrity because flung school badly? Which country’s manners do you actually possess? Even a three year old knows that ‘thank you’ does not come from your mouth!” I said.

“If not the mouth, then where?” He asked.

“FROM YOUR HEART! MORON!” I poked his chest hard, stomping off.

“It was a sincere thank you, alright?” He said.

“Sincere my !” I replied.

“What kind of a girl are you speaking like that?” He said in a mocking tone.

“I am the kind of girl who can sprout even harsher words. Do you want to hear what I have for you?” I asked, glaring hard at him.

He did not say anything.

“Thank you.” He said, sounding really sincere this time.

“Whatever.” I mumbled, walking away.

“WASN’T THAT SINCERE ENOUGH!?” He yelled suddenly.

“Did I say it wasn’t!? Shut up, would you!? Just because you’re Yong Junhyung doesn’t mean you own this estate!” I glared at him.

“And to think you are calling me rude!” He grumbled.

I ignored him and walked on my own. He pushed passed me, purposely banging onto my shoulder.

“Oh my god, you childish man!” I yelled.

“Haa! Speak for yourself!” He yelled back.

Out of anger, and a bit of childishness, I shoved him aside, taking over him. My heart stopped for a second when he almost fell. How frail, this man~ He glared at me before doing the same and we ended up pushing each other as we walk.

“Stop it! Why the hell are you following me in the first place!?” I yelled, feeling painful from all the shoving.

“Following you!? Hello? Do I look like I have a choice? I freaking live there too! If I had, I wouldn’t even want to walk side by side you, damn it!” He shouted.

Right, we live in the same building. Two weeks and I kind of forgot.

Junhyung’s POV

“What luck.” I heard her mumble as she stomped off.

“Wha…?” I was lost for words.

If my memory did not fail me, it was us who lived there first. Shouldn’t I be saying what she said? Having to live next to someone who destroyed my stuff on first meeting?

But she helped me still. Why? I walked behind her, keeping my distance. I saw her rub her arms as she walked. Did I push her too roughly? She was carrying a backpack that looked pretty heavy. Where did she go for two weeks? And how dangerous it is for a girl to be walking alone at a time like this. Although she does not behave like a girl, she is still technically a girl. I am not concerned, just curious.

Honestly, sometimes I don’t get myself too. I am supposed to thank her, why did I end up arguing with her? Yong Junhyung, do you have issues with the world? Are you mad?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the lift door almost slammed into my face. She went up without me! She purposely let the door close in my face! I take back what I said about me having issues with the world. It is not me, it is her! She has issues with me!

The lift door opened again.

“I’m so sorry.” She apologized.

I glared hard at her.

“What? I did not do that on purpose.” She said.

“You did it on purpose.” I said.

“You know what? This is on purpose.” She smirked, pressing the ‘close’ button hurriedly.

“YAH!!! YAH!!!” I yelled as I stopped the door from closing with my feet.

She rolled her eyes at me before looking somewhere else. I stepped into the lift, glaring at her, but she did not even bother to glance at me.

When we got out of the lift, I admit my move was childish, but I pushed passed her on purpose.

“Damn it.” I heard her curse.

She smacked my arm with her bag. Man, it hurts.

“What the hell is inside!? Rocks?!” I yelled, rubbing my arm.

“Inside is the knowledge that you lack! Stupid moron!” She shouted.

“Stop calling me a mor…! YAH!!” She slammed her door in my face.

How rude!

“What is going on?” I turn to find Yoseob standing at our door, looking at me.

“This bit.. nothing. Nothing is going on.” I said.

He moved aside to let me in.

“Why are you still awake?” I asked.

It was near 4AM already.

“Are you hungry?” He asked.

“Are you still angry?” I asked.

“Hyung, you know I could never stay angry.” He said.

I smiled slightly at him.

“Sorry.” I said.

“I feel like eating ramen. Share the calories with me?” He asked.

“Why not?” I laughed.