Change

Found

Nara's POV

After that night, Junhyung’s attitude towards me changed completely, or rather, should I say we both treated each other better. Although he was still as annoying as ever, he was smiling more often and did not have that ‘I’ll kill you’ look on his face.

Actually, my relationship with the boys got better too. They were not how they look on television. If they are playful on television, then they are three times more playful in private. Laughter and yelling could always be heard in their dorm. Luckily, only we live on this level, or else people would definitely complain.

***

“Why did you quit the café job?” He asked.

He followed me to the café for my midnight study again. He kept accusing me for following him thou. At least this time, he brought his wallet.

“I didn’t quit. My friend did.” I said, not looking up from my book.

“Just because your friend quit, you quit too? Aye, kids these days.” He said.

I put my book down and looked up at him.

“Kids these days? Kids? Kids? Are you calling me a kid? We’re just a year or two different, alright? You just look old and I look young, that’s all.” I said.

“I!!” His cheeks turn red, but he quiet down after he realized how loud he was.

“I look old? Gosh~ People compliment me for having a baby face alright.” He said angrily.

I laughed out, loudly.

“Yah! That compliment wasn’t for you! The one with a baby face is Yoseob! Not you! Please!” I laughed.

He glared hard at me.

“Alright, alright.. Baby.. Baby face..” I tried to control my laughter, but failed terribly.

He was still glaring at me, an indication that I should stop laughing or risk having the table flipped onto my face.

“Okay, okay.” I calmed myself.

“My friend is the actual working one.” I explained.

“Huh?” He looked at me.

“The job at the café belongs to my friend. But because she hates the night shift, I take over her since I have nothing better to do. Besides, the café at night is quiet and peaceful.” I said.

“So, you were only taking over your friend? Is it even allowed?” He asked.

“The boss of the café was pretty flexible. As in, he just needed someone in the café at night since it is 24 hours, that’s all. It did not matter who.” I said.

“Were you even paid?” He asked.

“I split with my friend.” I said.

“So it wasn’t because… of that day?” He asked.

“Which day?” I looked at him, confused.

“That… day.” He said.

“Oh! That day you were being a mphhhff!!” He covered my mouth.

“Don’t start it.” He said, letting me go.

“Being a jerk!” I said quickly.

He rolled his eyes at me.

“No, it wasn’t. The boss knew it wasn’t my fault.” I said.

He nodded.

“So why didn’t you continue after your friend quit?” He asked.

“I wanted to. But I have my finals coming up.” I pointed at my books.

“Well, it’s dangerous at night…” He mumbled.

“Dangerous?” I asked.

“Ya, for the people coming in to buy drinks.” He said.

“WHY!?” I said, a little too loudly.

“Just look at you, so fierce and rude. They may be psychologically traumatized by you simply because they couldn’t make up their mind on time.” He teased.

“I’m not like that!” I said, laughing helplessly.

“You are!” He said.

“No!” I smacked his arm.

“To add to that, you might even throw stuff at them out of anger.” He continued teasing.

“No!!!” I whined.

“Yes! Gosh~” He shook his head.

“Fine! Fine! Yes! I might even scald them with hot water!” I said.

“Right! Exactly!” He said.

“Aish!!” I looked away while he laughed.

I started laughing as well thinking of the scenario.

***

I was walking alone when I felt someone following me from behind. I quicken my pace but the person behind followed up quickly. I stopped and turn back to find no one at all. It was late and the streets were empty. I would be lying if I said I was not afraid. I continued to walk on. All I wanted was to get home quickly.

I froze when I felt someone touch my back. Instinctively, I elbowed whoever it was in the throat.

“Ughhhh! It’s… me!” The person choked.

I turned back to find Junhyung holding his throat, coughing like crazy.

“WHY DID YOU CREEP UP ON ME LIKE THAT!?” I yelled.

“I…” He started coughing.

“Gosh… Are you okay?” I asked, handing him water.

He gulped down the water and stared hard at me.

“Out to kill me? You forgot my profession?” He rubbed his throat.

“Well, I did not know it was you.” I said.

“You’re not going to apologize!?” He looked pretty surprised.

“You crept up on me, shouldn’t you be the one apologizing?” I asked.

“If I can’t speak tomorrow…” He pointed at me.

“I’m more worried about you not being able to shut up.” I smiled.

He rolled his eyes at me.

“What are you doing here so late at night?” I asked.

“Oh, you know it’s late.” He mocked.

I pointed my middle finger at him.

“So rude!?” He gasped.

“Did I ever mention that I am nice?” I asked.

He shook his head and sighed.

“What a pity.” He mumbled.

“What pity?” I asked, staring at him.

“Such a pretty girl, and yet so vulgar.” He said.

“Oh, did you just compliment me?” I asked.

“I…” He seemed rather shocked.

“I did not! It was just a common term.” He said.

“Ahh, yea~ To Yong Junhyung, randomly commenting that a girl is pretty is normal for him. It’s the way of a player, no?” I said.

“I am not a player.” He said.

“Of course not.” I said.

“You have a long way to go on meeting that standard. In terms of looks.” I continued.

“YAH! ARE YOU SAYING I’M VERY UGLY!?” He yelled.

“I’m not saying you’re very ugly. You are very ugly.” I stuck out my tongue at him.

“Yah! That is very rude!” He yelled.

I shrugged my shoulders and walked on. He kept on explaining how handsome he is and demanding me to apologize to him all the way back.

***

I almost scream when someone grabbed my arm as I was walking out of school. The person lowered his sunglasses slightly and gestured me to keep quiet. I was surprised as to why he was here, but I did as was told. We walked in silence until we were at a safe distance.

“Can I talk now?” I asked.

“I did not ask for you to not talk.” He laughed.

“What?” I looked at him.

“I just asked for you not to create a scene by yelling. You assumed I asked for you to not talk.” He said.

“You!!” I smacked his arm.

“Oww! Is this how you treat someone who has waited for you for hours!?” He blabbered.

“You.. waited for me.. for hours?” I asked.

He looked away, not saying anything.

“How unlike Yong Junhyung~” I mocked.

“Ya whatever.” He mumbled.

“Hey, I was just kidding.” I poked his arm.

He did not respond.

“Yah~ I was just kidding. Come on, don’t be petty.” I kept poking him.

He giggled, but tried to hide it. Failed, of course.

“Not like I wanted to be here.” He said.

“Oh, really?” I asked.

“Ya… The… the boys.. they forced me.” He stuttered.

“They forced you? And why is that so?” I asked.

“You didn’t watch the news? There’s a flasher in this area!” He said.

“Flasher?” I looked at him.

“Ya.. ya.. Flasher!” He said.

I laughed and looked away.

“I’m serious!” He yelled.

“So? I’m not afraid of what flasher. Let him flash all he want. That is if he can take the cold.” I said.

“I’m not trying to save you, you know.” He said.

“Then?” I asked.

“I’m saving the flasher.” He said.

“Saving the flasher?!” I almost choked.

“Ya. If the flasher flashes himself at you, you’ll definitely be the kind who would point at his private area, laugh and yell something like ‘Goodness! Is that just half your or something!?’ Do you know how hurting your words can be? I’m just saving him from humiliation from you because I know how hurting it can be. And as fellow Korean men, despite the fact he is a flasher, I feel for him.” He explained.

I laughed hard at his explanation. Indeed, if the flasher were to flash himself at me, most probably I would say what Junhyung predict I would.

“See, just look at you.” He said.

“When have I humiliated you, may I ask? And your skin is as thick as an elephant’s, how hurting could my words be to you?” I asked.

“That’s why, you don’t know.” He said.

“But is there really a flasher around?” I asked.

“He’ll have to flash himself to confirm it.” He said.

“I’ve not seen a flasher before..” I mumbled.

“Are you saying you want to see one!?” His eyes widened.

“No! I mean.. I’ve never seen one before, but that does not mean I want to meet one.” I said.

“Why did I even bother? I should have just let you meet the flasher.” He mumbled.

“I thought you said the boys forced you?” I asked.

“Precisely! It’s their fault!” He said hurriedly.

“Yong Junhyung.” I called out.

“Shut, don’t call my name so loudly in the open.” He said, his eyes darting around for fan girls, perhaps.

“There’s no one around! Come on! Except maybe for a flasher lurking nearby.” I said.

“What?” He looked at me.

I took a step closer to him. He backed away.

“The boys didn’t force you here, right?” I asked.

“They forced me.” He said, not looking at me.

“Really? How?” I asked.

“They… they threatened to… ban me from Coke.” He said.

“Ban you from Coke?” I asked.

He nodded.

“Chey~ And I thought you were doing this because you were worried or something.” I said, backing off.

“I am worried okay! There is really a flasher around, although I’ve never seen him yet. But you’re always coming back so late and you’re all like ‘Come and flash at me for all I care’ type! Your personality itself is a worry!” He blabbered.

He seemed to be shocked by his own words too.

“Yong Junhyung, you like me or something?” I asked.

His face paled.