Chapter 8: Negi Part 2

One Bowl, Please!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jennie, Is every thing ready on your end?”

 

“YEP!” Jennie yells back while restocking the ingredients in the chiller. “We’re all set for the drunken zombies tonight.”

 

“Jennie eonni where should I put these bowls?”

 

“Over there Yuna.”

 

”Yeji, Lia, Ryujin are you guys hungry?” Joohyun asked the 3 girls sitting on the kitchen floor.

 

“We’re still full eonni. We were eating some food during dinner service.” Yeji replied.

 

“Okay. Just let me know if you guys need anything.”

 

“Joohyun eonni do you really need this much negi?” Ryujin asked eyes watering from cutting a bunch of negi.

 

“Yes Ryujin, we do. It’s Friday night, hordes of hungry people will be coming in soon.” Joohyun checks the clock. “It’s 10:00pm right now, you can rest a bit. It won’t pick up until around 11:45.”

 

Ryujin sighs. “I could be at home watching Netflix… ouch!”

 

“This is your fault you know!” Lia pinches Ryujin.

 

“Chaeryeong come here please, you and Yuna will take the orders with me later, okay?” The two girls nod and start memorizing the menu.

 

“Alright! Things are all set.” Joohyun claps and sits on the floor. She joins the girls in cutting up the negi.

 

 

(20mins. Later)

 

 

“Hello! Welcome!” Yuna says cheerfully.

 

“EH? Who the are you?” Seulgi blurts.

 

Yuna pouts shocked at her first customer’s language.

 

“S-sorry about that, my friend is drunk.” Wendy pushed Seulgi to the side. “Get yourself together.”

 

“I’m hungry!!!!!” Seulgi announced. 

 

“W-what would you like??” Yuna asked nervously.

 

“YAH KANG SEULGI! Stop scaring our baby!” Jennie walks in holding a tub of negi.”

 

“Sorry!” She yelps.

 

“What will you two have tonight?”

 

“Mm is the breakfast bowl available already?”

 

“How drunk are you Seul?” Wendy asked her friend. “It’s not even the next day yet and you already want breakfast.”

 

“But Joohyu— Judon…” she stuttered, she almost slipped. “Judon and Jennie said they’ll serve the new item today…”

 

“It’s available!!!” Chaeryeong says while handing them a piece of paper. “It’s great for drunk people like you.” She said innocently which makes Jennie snort.

 

“Then we’ll have that!!”

 

“Okay, Please go to Yuna for the payment.”

 

Wendy went up to the cashier and paid while Seulgi sat in her usual spot.

 

“Ahh ! I just remembered..” she gets up and slides-open the door to the kitchen.

 

“NO—… eh?” She was taken aback by the amount of negi in the kitchen plus the 3 people on the floor cutting up the vegetable.

 

“Y-yes?” Chaeryeong who was preparing the orders yelped.

 

“Uh no negi for me please…” She pinches her nose, not wanting to smell the negi. “Is Judon here?”

 

The girls all look at each other wondering who Judon was. Yeji recognized Seulgi from when they were peeking at Joohyun’s room, so she assumed she was referring to Joohyun.

 

“She is but eonni is outside taking some delivery items.” Yeji replied since Lia and Ryujin were arguing again.

 

“Okay, thanks!” Seulgi went back to her seat. “I’m really hungry Wannie!!” 

 

“I know! You keep telling everyone.”

 

Joohyun was outside the shop paying her supplier.

 

“Joohyun-ah!”

 

“Mm? Yes Jennie?”

 

“Seulgi is here.”

 

Joohyun freezes. “Is she alone?”

 

“No Wendy is here too…”

 

“I-Is Sooyoung with them??”

 

“No… ” 

 

“Phew! Thank god!” She waves good bye to the supplier. “I don’t want to deal with Seulgi and her kissing right now. Especially with Yuna being here. She’s too young to witness things like that.”

 

“Don’t worry I won’t let that bear touch you at all.”

 

The two girls giggle and head back inside.

 

“Seulgi this breakfast bowl hits the spot!”

 

Seulgi nods still slurping her noodles.

 

“Would you like some kimchi with that?” Judon enters the dining area. Seulgi smiles immediately.

 

“Yes please.” Still smiling at Judon. 

 

“How drunk are you?” Judon chuckled.

 

Seulgi smiled even wider.

 

“Judon, she’s drunk-drunk!” Wendy answered. “I’m warning you already! She’s extra loud and annoying.”

 

“Haha what, you’ll pass out again after eating?” 

 

“No…” Seulgi pouts which makes Judon smile, she  finds it cute.

 

Just as the 3 girls were talking, another customer entered.

 

“Hey! Sorry I’m late.”

 

Judon’s smile fades. ‘Ahh …’ she panics.

 

“Sooyoung-ah! You’re here.” Wendy stands and kissed her.

 

Seulgi’s head snaps to Judon, like she was expecting a kiss as well. She blinked multiple times waiting for something. Judon flashed her ladle and smirked. Seulgi scratched her nape and returned to eating.

 

“What would you like to eat? My treat!”

 

“Wannie you’re so sweet! I’ll have what you guys are having.” She sat next to Seulgi.

 

“Okay, I’ll be back.”

 

Seulgi’s face turned sour. She stabbed the SPAM with her chopsticks. 

 

“Yah Seulgi don’t stab your food.” 

 

“Don’t tell me how to eat Sooyoung!” She seethes.

 

Judon sighs. “Sorry Sooyung, my Seulgi is drunk.” She bows apologetically towards Sooyoung.

 

“Seulgi.. Calm down.” She pats her head playfully. “I’ll give you extra noodles and SPAM. Just be good.”

 

Seulgi pouts but nods. She sticks her tongue out at Sooyoung. “Meheheh I get free food!”

 

“Hihihi You and Judon eonni really are perfect for each other. She keeps you cool huh?”

 

“A-ahem” Wendy interrupts. “Ordered your food.” She whispers.

 

“Wannie, don’t you agree? They’re a great couple.”

 

“Y-yes they are.”

 

Seulgi watched how uncomfortable her friend was. She was sure Wendy was unhappy about her and Judon. The girl didn’t even hide it. 

 

“It’s okay Wendy… we’re great as we are as well.” Sooyoung comforts Wendy with a kiss.

 

It’s a good thing Judon returned with the refill because Seulgi was about to mimic Sooyoung.

 

“Here you go.” She tops up Seulgi’s bowl before anything can escape . “Sooyoung here’s your order as well. Please enjoy.”

 

“Judon eonni why don’t you join us for a meal.”

 

Seulgi looked at her with pleading eyes but she can’t. Especially since her client has been having a kissing spree.

 

“I’m sorry we have a lot to do for the midnight service. Maybe next time.” She bows and pinches Seulgi’s cheeks hoping that would appease her. She walked back into the kitchen and goes back to negi cutting.

 

“Um Yuna?”

 

“Y-yes?”

 

“I’ll have a bottle of cold sake please.”

 

“Right away.”

 

“Seul you’re drinking mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter