Ch 14

A Calling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leeteuk trailed behind Siwon and Kyuhyun, thinking about the reasons why Yunho took Donghae away earlier, before the night of eclipse. Was the prophecy he found a lie? Is there really no connection?

Leeteuk looked at the dense trees towering over them which had made it difficult for the light to filter through when it had already begun to dusk. 'Is our path ahead in darkness?' Leeteuk wondered.

Kyuhyun glanced back to see Leeteuk walking in a trance. He wanted to talk to him, demand him to do something. But considering the situation he turned ahead. He held Siwon's arm, and was upset at the fact that they were really leaving without his Donghae hyung.

'I won't let anything happen to you', Donghae's words spoken a few days ago, back at his apartment, repeated on a loop in his mind. He tightened his hold on Siwon's arm and walked with his head bowed down.

"We'll find him", Siwon's calm voice came from beside. Kyuhyun didn't look at him just continued on with his hesitant steps. "Yes. We have to bring him back as soon as possible."

Leeteuk heard the small talk in front of him and his heart that had lost the resolve was once again rejuvenated. 'I had made a promise to help them', he thought. He has to help the guy who is responsible for him being alive now, for having this gift.

"Hyung-ah, wait for me".

Leeteuk halted in his tracks at the voice which eerily sounded like Donghae's. He turned around to look at the source of the voice, but found no one. 'Donghae has never called me hyung', he realised and continued following the duo, noticing their oblivious state.

He again stopped when he heard a sniffling noise. "Did you hear that?" he asked making Siwon and Kyuhyun turn back.

"Hear what?" Siwon asked rubbing his temple which was aching, making him feel as if he hadn't slept for weeks.

Kyuhyun took hurried steps towards Leeteuk, "What did you hear?"

"That", Leeteuk pointed again. "Don't you hear the sound of some one sniffling? It sounds as if someone, no not someone, a child is crying." He scoured the area and walked in the direction they had come from just now. Leeteuk froze in his spot when he saw a blurry person who looked like his younger self squatting near a child and consoling him. He saw the younger boy uncannily looking like his youthful days, dressed in traditional clothes and carrying a deathly pale, petite child on his back, walk past him and then vanishing into thin air.

His steps faltered and Kyuhyun who was standing next to him, held onto his shoulders, steadying him, "Woah! What is it?"

"I - I just now saw a vision of a person carrying a child", Leeteuk stuttered, words coming out with shallow breaths. "I think it was me?" Leeteuk said, sounding confused.

"Why such a vision right now? Are you supposed to help someone in the near future?" Siwon asked, thinking it was a premonition that Leeteuk shared.

"No. It was from my past life, I think. A younger me in my past life saved a child in this forest." Leeteuk tried to make sense of the vision.

'That's how they met', Kyuhyun thought as he patiently heard and then added, "Any guesses on who you helped?"

Leeteuk was unsure of who the child was, "I don't know. It was just a glimpse."

"So we can assume that you saved Donghae hyung in his past life. Not once but twice." Siwon looked to and fro between Leeteuk and Kyuhyun, confused at Kyuhyun's conclusion. "What? Past life?" Siwon was puzzled. 

Kyuhyun looked at Leeteuk with imploring eyes at which the elder finally spoke up. "Look, I can't be sure that that child was Donghae because I don't know what he looked like when he was young."

Siwon was confused, "You knew Donghae in your past live?"

Leeteuk tried to explain what Siwon had missed during his time under possession. "Back at the internet cafe, before we met up, I had a vision in which I was trying to help Donghae but was attacked by someone, probably Yunho." Siwon's eyes widened in disbelief as Leeteuk continued, "I told about it to Donghae when he informed me that he also saw me in one of his visions doing the same thing, helping him. Same as my vision. I reasoned that it could be a vision from our past lives, where we could have been related." Kyuhyun had crossed his arms at his chest as he listened to the conversation that he had overheard the previous night.

"I remember Donghae calling me hyung in that vision." He paused to assess Siwon's reaction before continuing, "I heard him calling me hyung just a minute ago too."

Kyuhyun grabbed Leeteuk's elbow, "What? What did he say? Did he say he needs help? Was he distressed? Did he sound ok?" 

Leeteuk was taken aback by Kyuhyun's sudden aggrieved questions. "It sounded a bit younger unlike how he sounds now and was very much carefree call. He just told me to wait for him." Leeteuk thought for a while, "He could have been calling someone else hyung too, not necessarily me. But I'm sure it was Donghae's voice."

"You saved him the first time when he was a child and then the second time from Yunho", Kyuhyun added. "It's all an assumption", Siwon interrupted, pointing out the obvious.

"I also believe that he has already saved me in this life." Leeteuk spoke holding onto the straps of the backpack.

Siwon was even more aghast, especially at hearing the latter part. "Don't ask", Kyuhyun waved his hand, "Donghae hyung doesn't remember ever meeting Leeteuk in this life, let alone save him. It's just what he thinks, as he has had several visions followed by seeing Donghae in his dreams."

Leeteuk cleared his throat at the weird choice of words used by Kyuhyun. They continued walking back to their car and find a way to get Donghae back.

Kyuhyun whose emotions were fluctuating between rational thinking and aggrieved helplessness couldn't take his eyes off of Leeteuk in the front seat. 'This is the only person who can bring Donghae hyung back', he thought. He didn't know how or when, but he was sure the past those two shared could give them the answers they need.

"We can't wait for your abrupt spontaneous visions to give us our next step", Kyuhyun suddenly spoke from the back seat, breaking the silence their car was enveloped in. Siwon glanced at Kyuhyun through the rearview mirror. "He is right", Siwon agreed. "What else can you do?"

Leeteuk stayed quiet, what else can he do? He wondered. He can't control his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter