Ch 11

A Calling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leeteuk had asked Siwon to drop him off at a nearby PC café when he left Donghae’s place. He was eager to find something useful, now that he had a name to look for ‘Yunho’. Walking past the sections, he sat at his usual place and the PC, quickly opening the required site. He set up the parameters and searched whether anyone with that particular name popped up. He filtered out the data, narrowing the results to the 1900s, the time around which the supposed disappearances happened. After a couple of minutes of readjusting the filters and reading the names and the offered information, he chose the name that had the least info, one that was named ‘Jung Yunho’.

He read the description that was attached, “Jung Yunho the one and only son of the Royal Advisor of the King. Born on 1895, 3rd May. Mother’s name Kim Hyeja who passed away after giving birth to him. Father’s name Jung Minho who lived until 1930. Yunho disappeared in 1917 and was declared dead when no body was found.”

‘This’ he exclaimed in silence. ‘Matches exactly with what that old woman told.’ Surfing through the websites trying to find something more ticked the minutes into hours. He cracked his back in annoyance when nothing else popped up. ‘Shame that the physical records were damaged and in turn couldn’t be digitized.’ He took a screenshot of the information and saved it in his mobile.

As he was about to stand up, he was hit with a vision, giving him a splitting headache. He plopped down on the chair, holding his head in his hands. In his vision he saw Donghae on the ground, his face was marred with bruises and he was bleeding. He heard himself calling his name desperately. Black murky dust swirled in circles, balls of fire wheezed towards him, hitting him in the chest. The smell of burnt flesh overwhelming his senses. He skidded away from Donghae after being hit and his sight blurred when he saw Donghae laying listless on the ground and a shrouded person walking towards him.

Bracing himself against the table, he straightened and looked around, sensing the energy around him. A stranger seated at the next PC gave a worried look upon seeing Leeteuk’s pale face. Leeteuk simply squeezed out a smile, hoping he won’t be asked any questions, he has several for himself already. ‘Was that a premonition or something that happened in the past?’ he wondered. He looked at his watch and it was already afternoon.

Burying his hands in his pockets and thoughts engrossed in his recent vision, he walked out of the café. He rarely gets these visions, mostly gets them when he was sleeping, like a dream. But never like this, doing mundane daily tasks. ‘Who are you Donghae?’ He walked down the streets thinking about whether he should tell Donghae of his vision and that it is the second time he saw Donghae in it, the first being the one which he had dreamed several times. ‘No. No. Bad idea. He’ll never trust me, he’ll think I’m a creep.’

Walking to the nearby bus stop, he waited for the bus to arrive. His silent musings were interrupted when his mobile vibrated. Pulling it out of his jacket, he was surprised to see the name.

“Kyuhyun”, he answered, “what’s wrong?” he asked, immediately sensing something is up, because it was unlikely that the younger who disliked him would call him if it weren’t urgent.

“Where are you?” Kyuhyun asked instead. “Can you meet us?”

“I’m at the bus stop waiting for mine to arrive. Where would you like to meet? I’ll come right away.” He answered. “Is Donghae alright?”

“Hmm”, Kyuhyun replied. “He is with us, but we need to talk. Let’s meet at Yeon’s café. I’ll message you the address.”

The call was cut off abruptly leaving Leeteuk slightly worried. He immediately hailed a taxi and showed the address that was sent to him.

 

Leeteuk saw the trio as soon as he entered the café. “Hey! What happened?” he asked as he took a seat opposite Donghae.

“We need to do something fast. That spirit is messing with Donghae hyung”, Kyuhyun simply informed. “Okay. What are you planning to do?” Leeteuk asked. “That’s why we called you here, to talk about it”, Kyuhyun replied in an annoyed tone.

“Here, in public where anyone can hear us talk and think we are a bunch of weirdoes?” Leeteuk questioned.

“Let’s order something. I’m hungry”, Donghae interrupted the argument. He motioned the waiter and placed an order, “I’ll have a cream pasta and iced coffee.” The others followed suit and gave their orders.

“You mind filling me in with what happened?” Leeteuk asked again. “Well he is-“

“Not you.” Leeteuk interrupted Kyuhyun, “Donghae, tell me what is it?” Kyuhyun threw a dirty look at his way on being chided.

“Today he made it seem as if he threw Kyuhyun off the window of our building. But as per Kyuhyun it was me who was about to jump.” Donghae sounded unsure. “It angers him that you are helping me and making it hard to achieve his goal, whatever that is”. Donghae explained the situation.

“So you plan to do…” Leeteuk questioned. “We plan to stay together”, Siwon answered who had been quiet since Leeteuk arrived.

“They plan to babysit me”, Donghae added. “Which I think would be of no use anyway, since I can still hear him snickering as we are talking”, Donghae replied with gritted teeth in anger. The voice of Yunho seeming as if he is standing right behind him. The others exchanged nervous glances as Donghae dragged his chair closer to the table and rested his hands on it.

Leeteuk raised his eyebrows, scanning the café, “I don’t sense his energy. Can you see him?” he asked. Donghae shook his head as he played with the napkin on the table, his feet tapping at the floor restlessly when he stopped hearing that voice.

“It might seem we are over-reacting, but I think we should stay together no matter what”, Kyuhyun said. “There is a thing called personal space Kyuhyun”, Donghae replied in a huff. “It can get annoying in no time if we stay together for no good.”

“I’m not saying we huddle together and stay cooped up in a room or anything like that. It’s a general thought.” Kyuhyun tried to explain.

Leeteuk cleared his throat, “I actually think I found that Yunho you mentioned. His name seems to be Jung Yunho and his story matches with what that grandma told me and Siwon”.

 

Donghae felt a strong gust of wind blow past him from behind, sweeping away the cutlery along with it, falling on the floor with a loud crash. Dark grey smoke started spreading in the café as more warm wind bellowed around, obscuring his sight. Donghae turned around to find that spirit Yunho standing behind, his black garb ruffling violently with the wind.

“Stop it”, Donghae growled. “You don’t scare me. I know you won’t hurt me. You need me!”

The spirit laughed as its eyes glowed, “True but I can kill them”, he replied in mirth. His face contorted and gusts of wind blew violently in the café knocking Donghae off his feet.

“Guys you alri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter