Ch 19

A Calling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

...

 

Leeteuk spent days and nights scouring through all the legends he could get his hands on, trying to find a way to defeat Yunho. The thing that always brought him to a dead end was that most of the legends were about different beings and creatures, whereas Yunho was just a spirit, albeit one that had knowledge of black arts, if he were to hazard a guess.

While Leeteuk had dozed off reading scans of old scriptures, he had a vision. He saw a blurred image of Yunho making symbols on surrounding trees with Donghae's blood as he chanted spells.

Leeteuk realised that though he could not find the meaning of the markings nor its source, it was crucial to Yunho's ritual. He had to share his intuition with Siwon and Kyuhyun and so called them in turns but couldn't get through.

Leeteuk felt restless as if he had to go to that forest right away. He stared at the calendar with the circled date, the day of the blood moon. The time had run out and it was finally the day. Sitting on his hands, that he had no information to help was not going to cut it. He had to take action right now.

The long drive to that place was filled with stress and worry, since he rarely drove after gaining his gift. As he drove towards the forsaken place he saw a vision of a car skidding past him and flipping upside down. Leeteuk immediately stepped on the brakes, breathing heavily, trying to calm himself down. His car was stopped in the middle of the road and the road ahead him was devoid of any vehicles. But he could have sworn he saw a car flip infront of him.

He speeded the rest of the way and arrived at the forest. He stood in front of the remains of the tree where he had seen Donghae being dragged inside. By the time Leeteuk had trekked to the cursed place, the night had dawned and the moon shone brightly, tainted in red. Leeteuk glanced up and felt a surge of negative energy force flowing in the air.

He walked around the tree, noticing the dim leaks of white light shining out of the cracks. He pulled out a pocket knife and made a small cut on his finger. With the little beads of blood, he crossed out the marks on the four trees and awaited for something to happen, for a shift in energy.

It didn't take too long for Yunho to come out with Donghae. But Leeteuk was not ready for what happened next. He didn't realize that a small act of smearing the symbols without thinking through properly, would leave him with a lifelong regret.

He is gone....

Donghae is gone!!

Leeteuk sobbed, a constant string of apologies pouring out of his mouth. He clutched the cracked amulet covered in Donghae's blood and cried harder at the fact that Donghae addressed him as hyung before disappearing again.

Leeteuk sat with a heavy heart knowing that this time it is different. That after tonight he would never see Donghae again.

 

___

Several months later

 

Siwon placed his mobile down after receiving the reply from Kyuhyun. "What did he say?" Leeteuk asked from across his seat. Siwon took a sip of his coffee, "same old reply. He is busy."

Leeteuk fiddled with the dessert he had ordered, poking the berries on it with his fork. "Does he not want to come because of me?" He asked in a low voice. Siwon tentatively looked at Leeteuk, "He would say it to your face if he had a problem with you."

Leeteuk nodded his head, as he remembered the day he informed Siwon and Kyuhyun of what transpired in the forest. Siwon and Kyuhyun were admitted to the hospital and being treated for their injuries from the car accident. Luckily Siwon had an arm fracture, Kyuhyun on the other hand suffered a minor head injury.

 

Siwon pleaded the nurse to let him go as soon as he woke up. "No, I can't let you go without Doctor's orders", the nurse shut him down. Siwon inquired the nurse about his friends and how they were. She informed him that Kyuhyun was unconscious due to a head injury.

"And what about the other person, Donghae?" Siwon asked. The nurse quizzically looked at Siwon, "It was just you two patients that were brought in". Siwon stared at the date, mind rushing to Donghae and wondering where is he and what happened to him. 

Leeteuk was outside Siwon's room and heard the entire commotion, not having the heart to stand in front of Siwon. He sat defeated on the chair, holding his head in his hands as silently tears gathered in his eyes.

When Kyuhyun woke up the same night a while later, he immdeiately tried to es

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter