Ch 12

A Calling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae woke up to a loud thud in the morning. He slide open the door and peeked out to see Siwon walking out his room. He picked his hoodie and put it on before following Siwon, who had already left the house. He passed by Kyuhyun’s room and then still asleep Leeteuk. The door creaked when he closed it, walking in hurried steps to catch up with Siwon.

“Siwon!” he called out. “Wait up.” Donghae jogged his way to Siwon when the taller guy basically ignored him.

“Hey”, Donghae grabbed Siwon’s shoulder making him halt. “Where are you going?”

Siwon continued walking after the younger had caught up with him, “Somewhere”.

Donghae sighed “We agreed not to keep anything away from each other”. He walked beside Siwon, “Did you find something helpful? Is it related to our problem?” he asked hesitatingly.

Siwon didn’t answer just hummed with a smirk on his lips and Donghae probably read it the wrong way, because he thought he should apologize. “I’m sorry. It could be related to your work too”, he replied meekly.

“Nah, it’s not work”, Siwon answered as he pressed the key and the car beeped in the morning silence. A cool breeze hit the duo as they reached the car, making Donghae shiver despite his hoodie. “Aren’t you cold?” Donghae asked when he noticed Siwon in a white T shirt and pajamas. Donghae frowned more when he got no response from his friend.

As Siwon started the car, Donghae put on his seat belt, “Shouldn’t we have informed them. They’d be worried to find us gone?”

Another round of silence followed after Donghae’s question, which made him a bit annoyed. Siwon continued driving down the streets and finally hit the highway. He drove through the unfamiliar roads without the help of navigator and that’s when Donghae realized something is up with Siwon. So he asked again, “Where exactly are we going?”

“To the forest”, Siwon replied and Donghae stilled for a moment as a memory rushed to him like a bullet out of a gun, making him gasp as the mark on his chest throbbed with a phantom pain. The words sounding familiar, spoken by Yunho. He clutched the door tightly, knuckles turning white, “Stop. Stop the car”, Donghae squirmed in the seat. “I think I’m going to throw up”. He grabbed Siwon’s sleeve and pleaded “Please stop”.

Siwon stopped the car at the sidewalk, watching Donghae get out of the car. Donghae rushed out and buckled over as he retched. Siwon stood at the door, keeping an eye on Donghae, his lips set in a straight line. Donghae looked up to see Siwon standing passively, “Can you give me some water?” he asked instead. Siwon sighed and opened the door to take out the water bottle.

Donghae took a sip from the bottle after rinsing his mouth. He splashed the remaining water at Siwon in front of him and pushed him. Siwon cursed when he gained his balance to find Donghae running away from him. He chased Donghae and tackled him from behind on the road. Siwon turned Donghae over and tightened his hold on him. Donghae struggled to break free from his hold, Siwon's iron like grip tightened instead.

“Did you think you could outrun me?” Siwon asked with a sarcastic laugh.

Donghae slowed down his frantic movements, “What have you done to my friend?” He discreetly reached for his smartphone in his pocket and hoped he could unlock it and call for help.

“When did you find out it was me?” Siwon asked instead. Donghae shrugged, trying to act unbothered, “Right now, when you didn’t help me when I felt sick”. Donghae trembled with fear as his friend’s deep black eyes started to slowly glow red. He pulled his mobile out with a flick of his wrist and hit it on Siwon’s head, instantly stopping the glowing eyes and successfully pushing him off himself.

He turned to stand up, but Siwon grabbed his shoe and pulled him down. Donghae stumbled again but kicked his possessed friend with his other foot. He scrambled to his feet and ran, taking advantage of the time when Siwon was dazed by his resounding kick in the abdomen.

Donghae the mobile and immediately called Kyuhyun, waiting for the younger to pick up. He stopped in his tracks when he collided with Siwon in front of him. The phone dropped from his grip and he took a few steps back on seeing Siwon, whose head had a small cut and his pristine white t-shirt was now covered in dirt and few drops of blood.

“Why are you doing this?” Donghae asked helplessly.

“Because I can”, it sneered in Siwon’s voice. “Because I want to achieve what I couldn’t the last time. Because”, he stepped closer and grabbed Donghae’s hand who tried to back away further, “You found me.”

Donghae struggled to pry open Siwon’s hold on his hand, “Let my friend go”, he requested. “I’ll do whatever it is you want me to do.”

"Whatever I want?" Siwon asked, Donghae just replied with a determined stare.

Siwon quirked an eyebrow up, “Wow. Loyalty. You have that even in this life”.

Donghae creased his brows in confusion. Before he could ask what he meant, Siwon continued, “If you were going to help me, then you should have followed me without any of this ruckus. It would have spared me my energy”. He turned around and pulled Donghae along with him to the car.

Donghae gritted his teeth, “I said let my friend go. Stop possessing him!”

Siwon laughed aloud, head tilting to the back in a dramatic move, “So heroic of you”, he spat sarcastically. “I don’t trust you. You betrayed me in the past and I’m not going to repeat the same mistakes”. He opened the passenger side door and pushed Donghae in. He walked around to the other side and got in.

“I’ve become powerful enough to be able to possess your friend. Well the other one was strong willed, this one though was easier when he was scared out of his mind.”

“You won’t harm him”, Donghae asked after a while, eyes continuously staring at him.

“He wouldn’t have any of this injuries if it weren’t for you scrambling around like a rat”, Siwon responded with a growl, speeding up in anger.

Donghae stared ahead, feeling sorry for his friend Siwon. Who knows what he must be feeling right now, being under the control of that evil spirit. Would he also not remember being possessed like him or is he in there somewhere struggling to break through.

“What are we going to the forest for?” Donghae asked in a low voice, hoping at least some answers would be revealed. ‘Talk to it, ask what it wants’, Leeteuk’s words echoed in his head. “I thought you need to be there on the night of eclipse”, he threw the bait.

Siwon grinned sadistically, realizing what Donghae intends to do, but answered anyway, “To find the seal of death”.

Donghae frowned, “That red string, is that wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter