Chapter 2

Blurred Line

 

“Everything went smoothly dad.” I told my dad to which he smiled.

“I can always find out if you are lying.” He said through the video call.

“Yeah, you sure have many spies.” I rolled my eyes.

“Alright, alright. What plans do you have for the weekend?” dad asked.

“I will move into new apartment.” I said to which he nodded.

“What are you having for dinner?” He asked.

“I ordered pizza.” I said and he glared at me.

“I am hanging up, sleep well dad.” I cut the call after giving him my best smile.

 

Morning came earlier than I expected. I had some fruits for breakfast before going to the office.

It was already lunch time but I saw neither Cara nor Pari. Morning was hectic as we had to prepare an urgent presentation for winter collection as Style’s, an iconic fashion brand, every designer dreams to work with, was coming India in three days. So literally we have to select our best from our winter collection, find model and do a photo shoot in next two days.

There was a meeting in before noon, after which I get to saw Cara, during the lunch break, she was looking really exhausted.

“Coffee?” I said taking a cup of coffee to her.

“Thanks.” She said with a smile. Why is she smiling now? Her smile makes me feel weird, perhaps its better when she is angry and pissed.

“Are you coping up with everything well?” she asked to which I nodded.

“Actually I saw your resume, I was quite impressed. But I did not understand why did you choose to work with Aloe?” She asked to which I smiled.

“Will you believe me if tell you my dad insisted.” I said to which she gave me ‘seriously’ look.

“If it was an interview, you would have failed.” She said sipping her coffee.

“Initially I planned to work with Aloe in Korea, but I don’t know why my dad insisted to send me to work here. I was planning on a vacation here but he said I am only allowed to if I complete my internship here.” I said to which she reacted with a ‘oh’.

“Atmosphere here is different from your usual. Don’t you find it challenging?” She asked to which I couldn’t help but smile.

“What I do here, is easier than my assignments. All I do is print, arrange and run some errands. My dad will beat me up if he hears me call it a challenge.” I said to which she smiled.

“So does your dad work with Aloe too?”

“You can say that.” She asked and I answered.

“Which post is he in?” She asked again.

“Why are you so interested in my family? Are you planning to hit on me?” I asked and she got up.

“I have other important tasks to do.” She walked away with anger, damn why her face become red when she is angry?

I took my time to have my lunch and went to my table.

“Where were you?” Sky, who was also an intern like me asked.

“Why? I was having lunch.” I said sitting down.

“You know design director, Pari ma’am?” he asked to which my eyes lighten up.

“Yes, of course.” I said excitedly.

“She was looking for you.” He said and my eyes were about to fall down.

“You better not be kidding.” I warned him.

“Make sure to treat me.” He said as I was running towards her cabin.

I adjusted my clothes and knocked the door.

“Come in” my fairy called for me. Dang I was so happy.

As I opened the door I saw both Pari and Cara together.

“You must be Jong-in. Please have a sit.” Fairy said with her gorgeous smile.

“Thank you.” I said after sitting down.

“So Mr. Kim, did you hear about Style’s?” She to which I answered with a “yes ma’am”

“Do you want to be part me our team for this Style’s project?” I was asked and I was more than happy.

“I would love to work with you.” I said smile never leaving my face.

“If you are done with your flirting, get to work.” Cara, the Rhino was being herself again. The world is just so cruel; they can’t see me and my fairy being sweet to each other. I side-glared Cara.

“Do some research on Style’s previous winter collections and find some relevant information before evening meeting.” Cara told me.

“Okay Ma’am.” I said before getting up to leave.

“Okie Pari I will leave this matter to you. Let’s end the Photo shoot by tomorrow. We can do it.” Cara said giving her a smile.

“Fighting.” Pari, my fairy smiled. Ah her smile.

“Stop drooling, let’s leave.” Cara said near my ear, loud enough to hear from a distance of 5 meters.

“Can’t you be a little nice to me?” I asked as I and Rhino came out of her cabin.

“Wasn’t I nice enough to let you work on this project, that too with your crush?” She said walking past me.

“Am I that obvious?” I exclaimed pointing my index finger towards my own face.

“It was all over your face.” She said walking away with a laugh.

Damn that was embarrassing. I ruffled my hair in embarrassment before starting my work. I need to get it done, it was my first work given by my Fairy.

 

“Good job guys. That’s all for today.” A man in his late forties said as the evening meeting ended just before my dinner time.

“Be here before 8 tomorrow, it’s going to be a long day.” He said giving a warm smile.

“Good job everyone.” Cara said patting a boy’s back, he was apparently her subordinate. He was smiling brightly. What’s so good about Rhino’s pat?

 

“Rhino looks cute when she smiles.”

“She is great at what she does.”

“She is actually an amazing person, if you get to know her.”

 

It was my fifth time I caught myself thinking about her. Did she hypnotize me? But she does not look like a person who does this kind of stuffs. She is actually someone who is just herself, no matter who she is with.

Urgh it was becoming frustrating. Why do I think of her only? I need to clear my mind, time for some meditations.

 

 

“Kim Jong-in….” Rhino called me from behind. “Yes, ma’am” I answered. “Do me a favor. Can you please help out Ms Pari? Help her carry those things, we are out of people.” Rhino said and I felt like kissing her.

“Thank you Rhino.” I whispered to her and she gave a knowing smile.

“I will treat you ice cream.” I texted her.

“Just treat her good.” Rhino said and I smiled at her.

The photo shoot went well, so did the after shoot works. All left for tomorrow was to make presentation and wait for the results after representative of  Style’s visits us. I started the engine and drove my car out of parking lot.

I saw Cara walking along the foot-path. I stopped my car beside her.

“Why are you waking? Get on, I will drop you. It’s late.” I offered.

“No need. I can go back myself.” She said waving her hand a ‘no’.

“I know you can but get on, we have an ice-cream date.” I joked and she rolled her eyes.

“I will pretend like I did not hear the word ‘date’.” She said opening my passenger door.

“I am only going for free ice cream.” She said pointing her fingers towards me.

“I never said otherwise.” I smiled at her.

“So where do you live?” I asked as we were done having ice creams.

“Take a left from the next turn.” She showed me the way.

 

“Thank you.” She smiled at me as I opened the door for her like a gentleman.

“I live nearby so, I will pick you up tomorrow.” I said as I went back to my driving seat.

“There is no need.” She said waving her hand at me.

“Be ready before 9.” I said waving my hand saying a bye.

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

“You had your breakfast?” Rhino asked me as I drove to her apartment to pick me up.

“I did not, what about you?” I asked.

“I did neither. Let’s eat before going. What’s say?” She offered.

“Where do you want to eat?” I asked.

“Umm… do you like Dosa?” She asked.

“I have not had it for a long time now. I don’t even remember how it tasted like.” I answered.

 

“My mom used to make me Indian foods.” I said as we sat there waiting for our Dosa.

“She likes Indian foods?” She asked.

“She was an Indian and yes she liked them.” She stayed silent as I corrected her sentence.

“I am sorry.” She said as she understood what I was trying to imply. I really hate saying it out that my Mom is no more with me. Although it’s been years, I still am not used to it.

“She used to make me Indian foods of all kind.” I laughed. She was listening to me silently.

“I really hated that then, I miss you Mom.” I said looking towards the sky. I suddenly felt a hug, a warm hug, a hug just like my mom used to give me whenever I woke up from a nightmare. It was Rhino. Rhino wasn’t a name anymore. It sounded like an emotion now.