Chapter 1

Blurred Line

“Dad! You promised me, didn’t you?” I cried but did my dad give a damn, well no.

“I did nothing that breaks my promise.” He said like it’s not a big deal.

“Dad, I just asked you one year from my life, is not it rubbish that I am asking you to give me time for myself, damn it’s making me crazy.” I really was going to go crazy.

“Okay, fine. I will let you do what you want.” Dad said taking a book in his hand.

“Of course, it’s not free. So what’s your condition this time?” I know dad too well. He might be a cool dad but when it comes to me, he is a bit possessive. Did I say a bit? Well I take that back. He is a lot more than a bit of course.

“I will let you go to India and will let you live there as long as you want.” Dad said keeping the book on the table. “Just do something for me in the mean while.” I raised my brow on this line. A person like him want me to do something for him, it’s really unlikely of him.

“And what’s that?” I asked to which he smirked. I bet it’s not a good sign.

“Just complete your internship in the mean time.” He said and again took the book in his hand.

“Will YOU stop PLAYING with that book when we are TALKING?” I was furious.

“The talk is over. Just accept the condition and do the internship and I will let you live the life you want for the time being or join our HQ here in Korea. Decision is up to you.”

“I don’t really understand this stupid condition. Do we really lack interns? Why me? It’s just to bother me, isn’t it?” I really was irritated.

“Just think what you want. Make the decision by tomorrow or I am dragging you to HQ.”

“Fine, I am going India on whatever condition you want.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Leave me for finding you a job and booking your tickets, or do you want me to find a place for you to live?” Dad asked to which I refused.

“Just arrange my internship, I will take care of everything else and I dare you to leave spies after me, I really will cut ties with you.” I said glaring at him.

“As if you can” Dad said sticking his tongue at me.

“DAD!” I yelled and he smiled.

“The day you are exposed; that will be your last day, don’t let anyone know, you are my son.”Dad said like a warning.

“As if it’s something I am proud of” I joked.

“You really are a brat. I am not sure what you will be like when you will come back.” Dad said hitting my back of head.

“Good night, father of a brat.” I said hugging him.

“Take a shower, you stink.” Dad said and I just ignored him, did I tell you before, I love that man, well leave his unreasonable side.

 

 

 

Finally…. Finally I was free to breathe. Finally I was in India, my Mom’s homeland. I missed my mom; she really wanted me to come here with her. Well unfortunately, it’s only her memories, which are with me now. Anyway I don’t want to be sad now, I finally got, what I asked for. I want to live these days to the fullest. To my heart’s content. These days I want to be a commoner just as my Mom’s dairy says. I won’t be a son of billionaire now, I will do a job, I will date a common girl, I will drink till midnight, I will play as much as I want, it was the dream my mom wanted for me, it was something she badly wanted but couldn’t have.

“Are you happy Mom?” I asked holding her ring, which was now a pendant for me, the most beautiful one in the whole universe. I was waiting as if really an answer would come. Instead a text popped up, it was from dad.

 

Dad:  Come back home if you miss me.

 

Me:  I did not even think of you once, I doubt I will forget you in a month if you stop contacting me.

Dad: rude brat.

Me: Drama queen dad.

Dad: I sent you your joining letter and address, be there before 10 tomorrow.

Me: Thanks, I will, now going to rest sometime, talk to you later.

I kept the phone aside and closed my eyes.

 

I sighed as I saw the name of the company I was going to join as an Intern. No wonder dad made me join his own company. Of course to keep an eye on me, anyway I was just an employee right now and to be very honest, it would be like a dream come true for anyone to work in such a company.

“I would take it as a blessing then.” I told myself before entering the elevator.

I just entered the elevator and as the door was closing a girl in her white dress looking just like a fairy entered it in haste. Trust me when I said fairy, her face was so angelic and oh her hair. They complemented her height just perfectly. Oh how badly I wished the elevator would stop and I will be trapped with her. Well I wasn’t that lucky; she got off from the elevator on 4th floor.

Feeling bored I looked at the door, wishing her to come back. I really did not expect to find a new crush on first day of work. Office romance always has excited me.

“Will you move from the door, so that I can enter?” A girl in her twenties said in not so sweet tone.

“Ask me sweetly.” I said showing her my perfect teeth.

“Are you nuts?” she said and pushed me to enter the elevator.

“Whoa, you are using violence; I will report you to the police.” I said felling pissed.

“Go ahead.” She said not even looking at me.

“You think I can’t?” I said and she completely ignored me.

“Only if you were not a girl…” I was silenced by her death glare.

“You can’t scare me.” I said looking at her, although she was about 75 kg, I won’t be less than 70 would I?

“Am I a tiger or what?” she murmured under breathe.

“More like a rhino.” I said looking at her high pony tail.

“Can you mind your own business?”  Rhino said with a pissed look on her chubby face.

“Can’t I be a little anxious when I am trapped with a creature?” I said not looking at her.

“You… you…” She stopped as we felt the lift stop in a unpleasant way.

“What the hell did you do?” I asked panicking.

“I did not do anything.” She said like explaining something.

I carried my act on. I sat on the floor holding my knees. It was fun to see her this way. “Hey… relax… do you have claustrophobia?” She asked sitting near me.

“Take a deep breath.” She said holding my hand.

“Relax, I am here. Don’t be scared.” She was taking things too seriously. I could not stop my act anymore.

 

“See you are strong.” She said as I held my head up to look at her.

The lift started working but none of us realized that. I came to reality when the door was wide open and she held her hand out to make me stand. I did not take her hand and just walked out without saying anything.

As I was done collecting my joining papers after finishing formalities, I went to the elevator again.

“I would better take stairs.” I murmured to myself.

I noticed I had to find my table now, which was on floor 4. The floor 4 where my angel stopped; will she be there now, I might be able to see her again. Without realizing I ran through the stairs, it was just 3 floors below. Not long after failing to control my speed I hit something; rather someone.

“I am sorry….sorry…” I took a look at the person; it was the girl I met this morning. It was that Rhino.

“Are you okay Rhino?” I asked as I saw her rubbing her ankle sitting on ground.

“Did you sell your eyes?” she said furiously.

“I really doubt, or else it’s impossible for someone to not see you coming.” I said jokingly. She turned her face.

“Okay okay I am really sorry, I will stop joking now. Let me see if you sprained your ankle.” I said sincerely.

“Why do you care? Just go wherever you were going. I can take care of myself.” She said not looking at me.

“I am a responsible man. I take responsibility for my actions.” I said proudly.

“I just witnessed your responsibility, thank you.” She said rolling her eyes.

“You think I can’t lift you, just because you are a Rhino?” I said trying to lift her.

“Dare calling me Rhino again. I will crush your head.” She said showing me her fist.

“Easy girl, easy. I can’t fight an injured animal. Cure yourself and let’s have a fair fight, what do you say?” I said holding her fist.

“I am not interested.” She said trying to stand. I held her and helped her to walk down.

“Hey, what happened?” the source of the voice was no one other than my angel.

“Nothing… I just sprained my ankle.” Rhino said as I helped her to sit down.

My angel looked worried, Aww how cute is she!!! I could not help but think.

“I should thank you for helping my friend out.” My fairy said making my heart flutter.

“Who are you thanking Pari? He is the one…” Rhino was trying to say but I stopped with my hand.

“It’s okay no need to thank me. I will be the one to take you to the doctor. Let’s go.” I said helping her to stand up.

“Be careful.” My fairy said in her dulcet voice. I was happy to see how fated we are. See I guessed her name pretty correctly.

“Will you stop smiling like a creep?” Rhino said making a foul face.

“You are too lucky to experience my charming smile.” I said showing my perfect teeth.

“You are annoyingly full of yourself.” She said maintaining her face that way.

“How about we peacefully take you to the doctor. I did not even do anything to you, why are you making that face.” I said making a peace symbol with my hand.

“I am just annoyed by your existence.” She said rolling her eyes.

“Rhino…” I said making a cute pout.

“Stop calling me that.” She glared.

“I love calling you that.” I said helping her to get into the taxi we called.

“Please smile, will you? People will think I abducted you.” I said after a smile.

“Why do I need to smile at a stranger?” she said looking at her phone.

“How are we strangers? We know each other since morning.” I said feeling offended.

“You are talking as if we are kinder-garden friends. BDW I guess you should replace ‘know’ by ‘saw’. I don’t even know who you are.”

“Okay, ask me what you want to know about me, I will answer you.” I said looking at her.

“Not interested.” She said still not looking at me.

“You are so boring.” I said opening my phone.

I joined. I texted my dad.

And? Do you like it there? He texted back.

Of course I do, I even made a friend. I texted him and looked at the person next to me.

 

“Why don’t you go rest at home today?” I said as we came out of the clinic.

“I did not break my leg, it’s just a sprain.” She said calling a taxi.

“Are not you getting in?” She asked as she got inside.

“Hmm hmm.” I got inside.

 

I was scrolling down my phone to find any place for rent; I can’t really stay at a hotel forever. My phone rang showing an unknown id.

“Hello, am I talking to Kim Jong-in?” A female voice said from the other side.

“Yes, Kim Jong-in here.” I said wondering who this was.

“Hello, this is a call from Designing department, where you were appointed today.” The girl said from the other side.

“Hello ma’am good evening.” I said politely.

“Mr. Kim please report to the department tomorrow morning. Regarding the new project, you are assigned to the Team Alpha. So you will be reporting to your Project head, Ms. Park.”

“Understood Ma’am.” I said understanding what I have to do.

“I have emailed you some details about the project; go through it before you come.” She said before hanging up.

I quickly finalized some houses for rent and went to sleep after reading the email regarding the project. I had to wake up soon the next day to visit the houses for rent, so that I can come back home after office.

After visiting the fifth house I finally was satisfied with the last one. It was already 9 in the morning, as office was not that far from this area I decided to have breakfast before rushing to office.

As I went inside the café I saw a familiar figure, it was the first friend I made here. She was sitting near window with a cup of hot fudge chocolate sundae.

“So you also have a sweet tooth.” I said from her behind.

“Damn, you startled me.” She almost yelled.

“Oops sorry, it was unintentional.” I said sitting next to her.

“Why are you here?” She asked taking a scoop of her sundae.

“Not to steal your food, don’t worry.” I said smiling.

“Whatever… go sit somewhere else.” She commanded.

“Why? I am comfortable here.” I said calling for a waiter.

“An Americano and one grilled chicken sandwich please.” I ordered as the waiter came.

“You are disturbing my date.” She said.

“Oops sorry, I don’t want your boyfriend to misunderstand us as couple.” I said as I moved to another table beside her.

Both of us finished our breakfast, no one showed up.

“Rhinooo….” I called her as she was ready to ride her bike.

“Give me a lift.” I said reaching her.

“Why?” She said confused.

“I will tell you the reason later.” I said hoping into her bike.

“We work in a same office, we should help each other.” I said as I was done sitting.

“Okay, now get down. Ride it. I will sit in the back.” She said looking in the rear mirror.

“Okay, no problem.” I said getting down.

“Call a cab.” She said before speeding off.

“She really is something.” I smiled to myself feeling embarrassed.

Thankfully I wasn’t late for office, I was just in time.

I went to the 4th floor and asked for Ms. Park’s cabin. Instantly my eyes stop at a girl standing near the elevator. My fairy.

“I need to go to work.” I scolded myself and went to the said cabin and knocked it.

“Come in.” I heard a familiar voice.

I panicked at the thought who could she be.

“Good morning Ma’am.” I said opening the door. And yes my assumption was right. It was her. I wished I could go back in time.

“You…” She was more shocked than I was.

“I really am not that vulgar.” I tried to explain myself.

“Let’s talk about work, give me your papers.” She said as if she did not even meet me before. Am I that irrelevant?

“I really like you.” I said without realizing.

“What nonsense are you spouting?” She said angrily, even her face was red. I really should stop testing her patience.

“I am sorry ma’am.” I said immediately.

“Please finish arranging these designs and print them out.” She said giving me a pen-drive. “I hope you know where you sit.” She added.

“Yes.” I said trying to be polite.

“Good, hand the printouts before lunch. Get to work.” She said symbolizing me to get out.

To be very honest, I really was impressed how she did not mix personal affairs with work, but as I opened the pen-drive my perception of her altered. She really was taking revenge on me.

Like seriously, how I could I even arrange and print out freaking 500 pages in 3 hour? My karma was to blame.

As I was done arranging them now I have to print them out and arrange them again, but I was standing near the Printer for past few minutes wondering how to print.

“May I help you?” a voice called from behind. I turned behind to see my beautiful fairy.

“Do you need any help? I guess you are having some problem here.” She said again.

“I guess it’s out of ink, I don’t know how to fill it.” I said feeling embarrassed.

“Let me help you.” My fairy said and I was so in love, damn she is not just beautiful, she is so kind. She is perfect.

 

“I am done.” I said smiling widely as I deposited the print outs in Rhino’s cabin.

“As you can see, these are the hardcopy of the project we are going to present in today’s meeting.” Rhino said to which I said yes.

“As you arranged them and put so much effort into printing them out, you will be handling the softcopy in today’s meeting. Be prepared after lunch.” She said and I noticed a smile on her face.

I was happy, I really was. I felt like my efforts were not unseen and it felt good. For some reason, she looked too cute.