Chapter 3

Blurred Line

Cara’s POV:-

 

“I think he is interesting.” Pari said as complaint as I came back from the hospital.

“Interesting my foot, ash my foot.” I moaned in pain.

“Just go home buddy; I will take care of these.” Pari said assuring me.

“I will leave it to you then.” I said standing up.

As I was done with my dinner and was just about to go into the cozy comforts of my bed, I got a call from Miss. Everyone’s crush aka (also known as) Pari.

“Guess what, you have your savior in your team.” Pari said with a super excited voice.

“Tell me in a way I can understand.” I said confused with her words.

“Kim Jong-in. He is Kim Jong-in.” Pari said stressing over He is.

“Who is?” I asked.

“That boy from today, he is Kim Jong-in, the new intern recommended from head quarters.” Pari finished explaining.

“Oh.” I sighed.

“Okay what? Why it has to be him?” I complained.

“I guess, I have nothing to do with, what his parents named him.” Pari laughed.

“And he is already in our team?” I asked although I know the answer.

“Of course, we always take the best choices.” Pari stated.

“This is annoying.” I said.

“You will stop complaining, if you see his resume.” Pari said.

“You seem impressed with him.” I said playfully.

“It’s an understatement perhaps.” Pari said smiling.

“Oh Ho, Don’t tell me you have a crush on him already!” I said laughing out loud.

“That will be an overstatement lol.” Pari said to with I rolled my eyes.

“I don’t understand why you hate him so much?” Pari asked.

“I don’t hate him; I just don’t like him, who the hell calls a girl Rhino?” I said gritting my teeth.

“You sure you did not act like one?” Pari asked, I know she was trying not to burst into laughter.

“Okay, I was not in my best behavior today, but you can’t blame me, blame my periods and our Boss, I just had a fight her before I met him, he was there standing like a statue in front of elevator door, I just pushed him a little.”

“I can understand why he called you that.” Pari laughed loudly.

“I hate you.” I said sighing loudly.

“It’s mutual babe.” Pari replied still laughing.

“Bye, I am hanging up.” I said acting rude, I was laughing inside though.

“Don’t come back with that horn of yours, dear Rhino.” She teased and I cut the call.

 

My ankle was much better today but I was lazy to cook anything, so I stopped by a café to have some Sundae. As I was having fun with my Sundae date, that Jong-in lad came out of nowhere. I was sure by the way he was still behaving that he is still unaware about me being his boss. I would love to see how he will react when finds out.

“It really was satisfactory, wasn’t it?” Pari asked as we were having dinner.

“Although he is a flirt, I must say he has potential and will to work. Well his expression was quite something.” I laughed along with her.

“I could see he has impressed you with work or he wouldn’t have been a part of today’s meeting.” Pari commented.

“Who cares what kind of person is he, I am glad as long as he is efficient.” I said and Pari rolled her eyes.

“Have a look at his face closely, I bet you can’t take off your eyes.” Pari said.

“Faces never impress me.” I said giving her a sassy look.

“You are no fun.” Pari sighed.

“Why don’t you sleep here today? We will have to go to work early, tomorrow is a big day.” I asked Pari to which she agreed.

 

 

“Check what I have sent you.” Pari said after climbing into my bed.

“Good night, I am off.” She said covering herself under blankets.

 

“No way, ARE YOU SURE, HE DID NOT MADE IT UP?” I was more surprised than Pari imagined perhaps.

“Rumor says, he hid few more qualifications. I doubt he is a spy from HQ.” Pari grinned.

“He might be. No, spies don’t make themselves known, he can’t be a spy. Then what is he?” I exclaimed.

“How about you spy on him?” Pari said sitting down.

“Why would I?” I asked crossing my arms.

“Well, don’t you want to go to the headquarters? You have someone to find.” Pari said trying to encourage me.

“What does it have to do with him?” I asked raising my brows.

“May be Jong-in knows him, that guy from beach.” She said and I stayed silent.

“Do you really think I will find him?” I asked after a while.

“If you two are meant to cross paths again, you sure will. Can I ask you something?” Pari asked.

“Since when you need permission?” I laughed.

“What will you do, if he is in front of you?” She asked looking softly towards me.

“He has seen that part of me, which I even hid from the mirror. I just want to know who that person is.” I said thinking about that day.

 

The day, the worst yet best, that kind of day. The day I regret yet I don’t; that kind of day. The day my family abandoned me, that family which was never mine in the first place. The day I had my first kiss, with a person who is still a stranger to me.

 

“Sorry” Pari said looking sad.

“Why would you be?” I said taking her into a hug.

“I did not want to remind you all these.” She said softly.

“It does not hurt, not at all.” I assured her.

“You don’t need to be tough around me.” Pari said smiling a bit.

“I have to be, I got a softie bestie. I need to protect her.” I laughed cupping her face.

“Oh please, I don’t need a rhino body guard.” Pari laughed.

“I won’t hesitate to kick you out of bed, if you call me that again.” I glared at her

“Sorry, my bad.” She said in a defeated tone.

“Good girl, sleep now. Clock is hitting 12.” I said pointing at the clock.

 

 

Ahh… I sighed to myself. First-half of the day was really exhausting. I sat down on a chair in the sitting area. I did not even have the energy to make myself a cup of coffee.

“Coffee?” Jong-in asked with a cup of coffee. I took it from his hand and gave him a smile after thanking him. Weird.

I honestly tried to be nice to him. But who was I kidding?

I walked out.

“Laugh as much as you want.” I glared at Pari, she was nowhere near to stop laughing.

“He did not say anything wrong; you were being nosy, indeed.” She added between laugh.

“Why lately all of our gossips are about him?” I chuckled.

“He is hot topic may be.” Pari commented.

“Let’s get back to work, break is over.” I said rolling my eyes, hot topic, as if.

“Jokes aside, I seriously think, we should take him in our team.” Pari suggested as we dumped our lunch plates in bin and were going to our cabins.

“I think that’s a good idea.” I said sincerely. No matter what my personal issues are, inside office, work comes first and Jong-in is a deserving person.

“He will be happy I think, not only because he will do something out of boring for him but also his crush is here. I will get the chance to play cupid I guess.” I joked.

“We will see who is cupid here.” Pari said walking out.

“What does that mean?” I asked stopping her.

“Let me personally him.” Pari said freeing herself.

 Damn, he was like a dog got a big bone for dinner, well I originally wanted to compare him to kid and lollipop but yeah, I did not feel like.

So he was looking really really happy. Anyone could see that.

“I would love to work with you.” He said smiling his heart out.

“If you are done with your flirting, get to work.” I said spoiling his mood a little, lol it was fun. But , I was getting death glares now.

“Do some research on Style’s previous winter collections and find some relevant information before evening meeting.” I told him ignoring his glare.

“Stop drooling, let’s leave.” I yelled near his ear, I was having so much fun teasing him, well from what I see, he will end up being my brother-in-law soon. Pari was first time interested in a guy, who was crushing over her. Normally she would ignore them, but she was interested in him.

As long as he is a good guy and treats Pari well, I have no issues lol.

As we were done for the day, the cupid in me was active to do some work. I called Jong-in and asked him to help Pari. Pari gave me ‘are you serious’ look.

Cupid’s efforts were not in vain; at least I got some free ice cream.

He insisted to drop me, I tried to deny but he did. Well he has a gentle man in him.

But why the hell will he pick me up in morning, who exactly is his crush, don’t tell me he is doing this to impress Pari. But still I don’t want to owe him anything.

I decided to treat him breakfast to return his favor the next morning. We decided to have some Dosa.

But I never expected us to be in that kind of situation there. I never expected to see his soft side this soon, we were not even close. He was in verse of crying, he missed his mother so much. ‘Mother’ no one can understand the pain behind that word, better than me.

I wanted to console him but I could not, what am I suppose to say in this kind of situation? I could speak nothing.

I gently held him into a hug, a complete friendly one.

He looked at me weirdly. I let go of him.

“Can you be my friend? I really am asking.” He asked me suddenly.

“I will think about it.” I said with a laugh to balance the seriousness of the situation.

“I will wait for your answer.” Jong-in said smiling a bit.

“I thought human does not befriend Rhinos.” I said rolling my eyes.

“I am bear then. Bear and Rhino can always be friends, can’t they?” he said after pretending to think for a while.

“Whatever.” I said not looking towards him.

“That’s what people say when they lose a argument.” Jong-in said with a smug look. I ignored him as he was right.

We headed to the office after finishing our breakfast.

“Cheers….” We went to celebrate as our deal was finalized.

“Eat a lot guys, it’s on me.” I said to my teammates.

“You are the best.” Ryder said giving me a big smile. Ryder my school junior was working with me in here for 3 years now. He is just like a younger brother to me.

When people say, some people connects to your heart more than blood relations do, they are not wrong.

“Why are not you eating?” I asked Jong-in who was sitting with his plate till full.

“Full yourselves guys, from tomorrow we have to work to our full potential, no slacking off.” Pari said looking at Jong-in. He started eating, such a attention seeker he is.

 

"Rhino.... " Jong-in called me from behind as I was about to leave. 
"How dare you call your boss like that?" I asked with fake angry eyes. 
"I think we are off work." he said giving a playful smile. 
"Listen... Listen." he called for me as I started walking. 
"What business do you have with me?" I said crossing my arms. 
"Why are you so weird?" he asked shocking me, who the hell asks something like that. 
"I mean, in morning you were so warm right now you are being cold. What am I supposed to do?" he sounded little frustrated. I did not say anything just stood there listening to what he have to say. 
"Say something, will you?" he asked coming closer. 
"Why were you calling me?" I asked and he turned around with a frustated look.

"Nothing, go." he said walking away. It felt weird. 

Why would you call me if you had nothing to say?

I typed the text and deleted.

Had dinner?

i again deleted. why the hell will i ask him about dinner?

Stop sulking. will you?

Again delete.

I am willing to be your friend. now Happy?

i texted after much thoughts. 

'Super happy.' He textd in no time. Seriously, He is such a drama queen.

'I will pick you up tomorrow, my friend.' He texted again.

'I am taking my words back.' I texted back.

'Too late.' He said with a emoji with tongue out. I ignored him.

 

"Are you sleeping or what? come out, I am near that cafe." Jong-in called me.

"I am inside." i said cutting the call.

"Why did not you pick the call earlier?" He asked as he sat in front of me.

"I thought, you will leave if i won't." i said enjoying my cheese cake.

"i would never have, i dont leave people just like that." he said with a seriousness in his voice.

"waiter..." i called.

"Bring me another cheese cake." i said him.

"I thought you called him for me." He said sulking.

"Sorry i did not know you just sold your voice out there." i said sarcassistcally.

"You are such a meanie." he said pretending to be hurt.

"Deal with it." i said gulfing my cake down.

 

The whole weak went in a haste, i was starting to think of him as a friend too. At least one meal in day, we were eating together. We had became close.

"I have a surprise for you tommorow." he said after dropping me off by my apartment.

"I won't wait, dont worry." I said bidding a be to him.

 

'Hey......' Pari yelled over phone.

"Stop yelling, what is it?" i said in a voice louder than usual.

"I have a great news for you." Her voice was reflecting happiness.

"Tell me tell me...." i became instantly excited.

"I will be there in five, make me some delecious paranthas by then." She said cutting the call. Why all weirds are around me?

 

"Will you speak it out now?" I asked as she was done with her parantha.

"They are coming here again." She finally said, it was bigger surprise than i can imagine.

"Are.... you....sure?" I asked hesistating a bit.

"They are coming here on new year's eve." Pari said holding my arms.

"Do you think he will come with them?" I asked chewing my lips.

"At least we have a hope." Pari said rubbing my arms.

"Hmm..." i hummed.

"Will you be able to recognise him? You dont know a thing about him..." Pari asked after a while.

"I have his ring." I said holding the pendant i always wear beneath my dress. 

 

 

 

FLASHBACK......

 

 

 

 

NEXT CHAPTER.... SORRY.