For you, a thousand times over

One Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When she heard a clicking sound echoing their void home, she hurriedly put the perfectly cooked bacon and sunny-side up egg on the plate beside the steamy black coffee on the table. She smiled remembering how much she loved preparing her breakfast. 

 

“Minari, going to work already?” The clicking sound of the stilettos stops. The person turned her head to Chaeyoung who is still wearing the brown apron with legos Mina personally knitted.

 

Chaeyoung smiled, “Please join me for breakfast? I cooked your favorites–”

 

Mina’s phone rang, indicating an incoming call. Chaeyoung watched as Mina answered the phone, “Yes, I will be there in 30.”

 

“I’m sorry, I cannot join you today.” Mina said as she put her phone in her bag. Her eyes are everywhere but Chaeyoung –in which she failed to notice the disappointed and longing swimming in the younger's eyes.

 

Chaeyoung cleared , “It’s okay. Hopefully you can join me soon.”

 

Mina slowly nodded, “I’ll get going.” She hesitated to leave, frowning a little as she pushed her unnecessary thoughts away. 

 

When the door’s closed, Chaeyoung sighed while looking at the food she cooked for the two of them. She already knew this would happen– it’s always like this but she still tried to mend their already falling marriage. 

 

Chaeyoung slumped on the chair and ate the food while looking at the opposite seat which Mina always occupied. 

 

She asked herself, ‘When did it all start?’ Their love that started since forever is now turning into a slow end. 

 

--

“Congratulations!” Their friends greeted them, hands gripping balloons and cake and some of them threw confetti as they walked through the room.

 

“Thank you guys so much.”

 

Chaeyoung and Mina face each other with wide smiles. Eyes speak so much volume of how happy and grateful they are towards their loved ones as they welcome a new member of the family. They were anticipating a blessing carried by Mina. 

 

When they shared the news to them, their friends immediately prepared a welcoming of their new baby (similar to gender reveal but the difference is they don't know the gender of their baby yet and that's another celebration of course).

 

But that was replaced by the news when Mina’s secretary called Chaeyoung in the afternoon that her wife was rushed to the hospital when she saw her bleeding while in the middle of the meeting.

 

When Chaeyoung arrived at the hospital, she felt like the world had betrayed her when the attending doctor told her that they lost the baby.

 

It's like her whole body shut down as the doctor explained to her further the reason for how their unborn child went to heaven. She doesn't know how she ended up in the room where Mina was lying almost lifelessly as she stared out the window but she knew she's crying, holding Mina's hand apologizing for not being there and how she could do something to preven

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter