Enchanted: Please Don't Be In Love With Someone Else

One Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tears, sweats, and droplets of rain cascades on the bare face of a woman in her disarrayed demeanor, only her heaves of exhaustion can be heard in the hallway of silence.



 

Her mind goes in erratic chants, “this can’t be, it ain’t real, oh for the love of god, this can’t be real”. Arriving at her destination, the woman can’t help thinking of breaking the door but she can do better than that. Exhaling enough courage regardless of what's waiting behind door, a man clad in his white scrubs beat her doing so. 



 

“Mrs. Son, we’ve been waiting for you–,” without wasting unnecessary time, she barges in, cutting off what’s there to say, only to hear distortion of sounds she loathed the most.



 

“Chaeyoung,” her knees weakened at the sight before her.



 

“Mina”



 

*****



 

“When was the last time you visited her?” A pair of scrutinizing eyes asked her. She paid no care in her busy surroundings doing what-nots, they ain’t care.



 

Mina sighed knowing where the conversation was going, honestly, it’s getting her all fed up. There’s a lot on her plates and having to entertain much like conversation irks her most. But she knows better than to ignore, she has no escape from it.



 

Pressing her lips to avoid showing her irateness, she looked at the woman who's been waiting for her response, “You asked me as if I didn’t visit her often than necessary, but I did, three days ago,” her phone snoozes reminding her parental duties to pick up her son from school. 



 

The woman cooed, “Oh, dedicated wife, how about that man over there? Gawking at you like there’s no tomorrow?” 

 

She abruptly stands and fixes her already messed up desks, “Sana, stop being comfortably infuriating!” Mina can only curse in mind, “I’m going, Mom duties, and there’s nothing going here and there. Please cover me again, promise I’ll make up for everything. Thank you,” Mina kissed her cheeks and bid goodbyes, walking in speed, head low to avoid more complications in her already troubled job.




 

Now that her life has drastically changed, Mina has been juggling life: parental duties, plenty of fees, her jobs that have been keeping her son and her wife alive, what is it for her? Nothing, but an indefinite question, how can it  be normal as everyones? 



 

Things happened, circumstances that are far beyond control. Her lovely poor wife was caught up in an unforeseen car crash incident three years ago. Mina doesn’t want to relive that depressing moment in her life, but she continues to live with hope that her wife will be back from slumber from the painstakingly years she’s into, for her son, for their lost life.



 

Never, inside the three whole years, Mina had failed her wife, especially her son, Charles. If there’s any living hope she’s holding into, that will be her only son. 



 

Out of the three car crashes her wife has been involved with, Chaeyoung suffers the worst she can get. 

 

Fatal injuries, just two words for Mina to hear and she felt like the world falls into her, figuratively it is, her Chaeyoung, her ever-dashing wife doesn't deserve falling into terms of uncertain oblivion, not until after their arguments before the incident.



 

People whose expertise in the medical field

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter