Enchanted: Please Don't Be In Love With Someone Else (2)

One Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



 

Drenched in cold sweats, Mina just wanted to flee off the bat having to receive the news in the midst of this dead of the night. She was awoken by the blaring of her phone, once answered, she's about to scream the out of her, only to let it fall, leaving her with a raging heartbeat.



 

Catching her unhinged breaths, she kept mumbling the same exact words in this foreign illusion she actually encountered, three years ago.



 

"Oh my god! I can't be real, not real, Chaeyoung, please," She's already losing her senses, this is far beyond wearisome for her to chew over. Displeased by the sudden outburst, her knees entirely buckled up as he discerned the familiarity of the voice behind closed doors.



 

Heading up, she wrapped her trembling hands, lips quivered, and her almond eyes fluttering the tears falling from her pale face.



 

Once again, she was greeted by a colourless corner, this time, the monitor sounds seemed to drop. Wandering her misty eyes being locked with hazel doe eyes, she knew she was breathing gold.



 

In her weather-beaten eyes, she cracked a smile of solace, "Mina…," she exhaled. 



 

"Chaeyoung…,"



 

*****



 

The moment Chaeyoung fluttered her eyes, she was welcomed by a horizon of nowhere. She closed her eyes thinking she was still in a labyrinth of abyss, dark, deep, shallow. Nothing was keeping light to her bare foot, no direction, all she heard was her own gasps.



 

Yet, one little while, she reckoned hearing subtle noises. Chaeyoung cannot decipher as much as she desperately listens. Then again, from all hustles back and forth, she goes around following echoes of what seems like a woman's carol. Weeping, begging, hoping, all nonstop, her heart thumping like it's about to explode, the woman's voice seems painfully familiar, of course for Chaeyoung, how can she not recognize when that's from her wife. Her Mina, her greatest love.



 

How can she ever forget? The voice that persists crying her name in oblivion, Chaeyoung can only let her tears at bay, screaming the life out of her for Mina to hear.



 

"My Mina, my love, please wait for me, please don't give up on me. Chaeyoung never abandons, I will come back, I'll be home in your longing arms"




 

*****



 

Chaeyoung



 

Drought, a penetration across the longest Nile while I was drowning in slumber. I was, in a concrete life and death situation, nothing beats the somberness and coldness I endured for a whole what's like a decade.



 

With every sense remaining in my body, I tried to motion my mind creating a situation where I would be. I left out an exasperated sigh knowing I am alone in the narrowed, dark places, that are unceasingly for my liking. 



 

Now, to my surprise, I can hear staggering feets, troubled noises, and chaos. But all that I apprehended wasn't I await to ever hear, not this disturbance.



 

I was like a deer being caught as I gingerly opened my heavy eyes, all that I have permitted my orbs to see is a full coated milky ceiling. As I wandered my eyes to my left where the shuffles were, I was approached by people in their white clothes, doctors, nurses, and two familiar faces seemingly rooted in their place, looking aghast. 



 

"Hello Ms. Son, can you hear me? I am Dr. Friedrich. How are you feeling?" The doctor inquired. Gearing up my voice that was unused, I made an attempt to open my mouth, but all a shady wheeze came out.



 

The doctor, as he referred to himself, got on her sleeves to scrutinise for what I comprehend his clinical notes. "I did some vegetative and minimally conscious state checks earlier when you showed signs of waking up. All are positive, until further, I will delve into physiotherapy and occupational therapy, to follow psychological assessment. Mrs. Son, your daughter needs a period of rehabilitation as part of the medical protocols, as we speak, she needs the strongest support system she can get. I hope I am confident enough that you can provide that" He rambles, to say, all tangled with terms I cannot understand.

 

In perspective, I just stare at him boringly. What else could I comprehend other than the fact that I just woke up? Not long enough, the woman in my left who's been very attentive the moment her eyes laid mine furiously nodding. 



 

"Doctor, what else could we do to help our daughter recover from this? It seemed that she didn't recognize us at all." The woman side glanced at me like it was my problem that I can't name them. 



 

The doctor who's always ready refute any moment, respond "I'm afraid, that's a medical outturn I cannot deny, but given that, patients who spent three long years in coma, lost in consciousness, can carry on disoriented response from the accident." he exclaimed, feeling certain about his medical diagnosis.



 

The woman, who I can tell is in her mid 50's can only nod following the words from the doctor, she seemed perplexed, no, more like disappointed.



 

Before any of them can move a muscle, I groggily open my mouth for words that I wanted to utter, for what like a minute of me trying to turn loose.



 

They all looked at me, anticipating my next motion to proceed.



 

"My–" I exerted.




 

All their quizzical eyes bore into me.




 

"My M-Mina…" I teetered, exhaustion gushes evenly.




 

***** 



 

"I drop a call already, she'll be here any minute." My mother, whom I recognized a dozen minutes after I regained my consciousness.



 

Out of reverie, I quickly stare at the door waiting to fly it open. Unlike most circumstances that suffered coma from accidents, I was fortunate enough from a fair few who didn't fall into temporary memory loss. Lucky enough, the doctor will make a certain diagnosis to look forward to. 



 

Upon pondering and reflecting on the life I was in before falling into depthness, in full recollection of pieces in memory lane, I know I have a lovely wife, a swee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter