🎼 OO1 ;

Love'in Music

 

0214… 0214…

The day's first lesson will be held in room 0214. The room was easy enough to locate after circling around a few corners. As it turned out, I was the first to arrive. To be sure I was at the right place and at the right time, I double-checked my schedule. "Yes, that's right. I guess I'm just early." I shrugged to myself then sat near the window. I prefer the window seat because it makes me feel less stressed. I looked out the window as I sat waiting for the rest to arrive and saw the track field. Some students are participating in sports, while others are simply relaxing and socialising with their peers. What drew my attention was a group of guys who were playing futsal. With a huge grin on their faces, they appear to be having a great time and enjoying themselves.

"They must be great friends..." I whispered to myself. "If only I had one as well..."

 

-One of Seventeen's POV-

The guys and I were squabbling over a game of futsal. As is customary, a large number of students came to watch us play and cheer us on. We've been gaining a lot of attention since our achievement last year. We are proud of ourselves, but having a large number of "fans" is not our style. There will always be someone following us around everywhere we go, taking meticulous notes on everything we do.

I took a break at the grass patch after our game was over. Others gradually encircled me and sat down as well. When I turned to face the building, my gaze fell on room 0214, which was assigned for our course's Year 1 freshmen. It's where we used to spend the most time, squeezing our brain juice until there was none left. It was exhausting, but the effort was well worth it. I shifted my gaze slightly and noticed a girl sitting near the window. "Must be one of the new students..." I thought. "But, why does she appear to be so depressed?" Curiosity got the best of me, and I turned my attention to the guys. "Take a look at our old room, guys." They turned their heads simultaneously. "Did you see the girl?" They exchanged nods. "Doesn't she look depressed?"

"She does look depressed."

“Maybe because it’s first day of school.”

"Or she's probably just tired."

"Why are we talking about her?"

"Hey, is she one of the freshmen?"

"Must be quite gifted. Because of us, I heard they raised the recruitment bar this year."

"Or maybe this year there aren't any talents."

“Guys… That isn't the point... The main point is why is he worried about the girl?"

"Right." They hollered.

"Don't make funny faces at me. I just happened to notice it, which is why I asked. There are no other reasons." I totally regret asking the question, as it led to them attempting to tease me.

-End of POV-

 

The bell rang, signaling the beginning of class. I took a quick look around and calculated the number of students. "Twenty, so that's the max limit number of students?"

The Professor entered the room as the clicking sound of his shoes grew louder. "Freshmen, welcome to Sebong University." The professor extended a warm welcome. "Congratulations on your acceptance into the program. Let's get this started with a simple quiz, shall we?"

A quiz? I looked around the room and noticed that everyone was wearing the same expression. Surprised. Who'd have guessed the professor would begin with a test? Plus, it doesn't appear to be a typical test. The Professor must have his reason for doing so. Then, on the projector screen, a question appeared.

"Why Music and Production?"

"This is the question for your quiz." The lecturer stated. "The answer does not have a word limit. Simply write down your thoughts. The question may appear simple, but how you respond is crucial. Your assigned project for the rest of the year will be determined by this quiz. If you do well, you will be assigned to the most exciting project. You'll have half an hour to respond to the question. You may now begin without further ado."

I questioned myself in my mind on the question. "Why Music and Production?" Music is my life, my way of escaping. When no one else was around, music was always there for me. It temporarily diverts my attention away from my personal problem, allowing me to heal before returning to it. Feelings are expressed through music. It's a work of art that goes straight to the heart and into the ears. It is also a language that everyone understands.

Do you ever feel the need to express yourself, but you don't know who to turn to? Even if there is someone, you don't feel comfortable telling them. That's how I've always felt. When you don't have anyone to talk to about your feelings, music is the only way to do so. As a result, I've always wanted to produce music. Since then, I've been self-teaching myself how to create music from the basic. I'd want to express it. I'd want to sing it aloud. I'd like for others to understand what I'm feeling. I'm not expecting hundreds or millions of people to listen, but as long as someone does, even if it's just one, I'm fine.

People often say that loving music and producing music are two completely different things. It's simple to enjoy music; you simply listen and if you enjoy it, you enjoy it. Producing music, on the other hand, necessitates expertise. It's not enough to like music to be able to make good music. You must comprehend what you are attempting to create, what you wish to communicate to the world, and what you wish to express in order for others to understand you.

I understand how difficult it is, but I will not be swayed by the negative comments. I'm not going to give up; I want to give it my all. The key to success is failure. I will not give up, even if there are multiple failed attempts. This is my dream, my goal.

Without hesitation, I submitted my response.

"Time's up." The Professor announced. "Now, I'll go over your results." The lecturer went over everyone's answers, his expressions shifting from good to bad frequently. "I am dissatisfied with the majority of the responses. Clearly, most of you have any visions or objectives for taking this course." Disappointment embraces the student body; was the Professor being too strict? "However," continued the Professor, "there is one that has grabbed my attention." The Professor got out of his seat and made his way to the center of the room. "Park Jaerin?" I gasped a little as I slowly stood up and raised my hand when I heard my name.

"Congratulations, Park Jaerin. You've been awarded the most exciting project to work on. You'll have to produce a song before the end of the year's music competition. Don't be particularly worried that you won't be capable of writing it because you'll be working alongside your seniors, Seventeen."