🎼 OO2 ;

Love'in Music

 

-Seventeen's POV-

"Have all of you heard? We'll assist one of our juniors in finishing a song for the end-of-year competition." The guys were in room 0526, their new room for the year. It was their break time, and everyone was busy with their own activities. “Oh? Why do we need to lend a hand? Don't we also have our own music to make? We've also got a competition coming up." Seungkwan exclaimed while lying down, the rest of the group nodding in agreement.

"I tried to talk it out with the professor, but it didn't work out. He did say that we only have to help in giving suggestions. Of course, the junior will be responsible for the majority of the work." S.coups remarked.

"But even so, what if the junior who joined this year did so because of us and have no talent?" Dino questioned. "We'll have to finish it for him/her in the end. If this does not happen, the school's good name will be ruined!"

"You do have a point." Jeonghan continued. "Why don't we put the selected junior's abilities to the test?"

"How?" questioned the others.

Jeonghan smirked and gathered everyone in front of him to explain his strategy.

"It's hard for me to believe you are so evil." When Joshua learned of Jeonghan's plan, he expressed his displeasure. "I'm in desperate need of some fresh air. Guys, how about a game of futsal?"

-End of POV-

 

Can you imagine working with someone who is so well-known? No, not one person, but a group of people! Not just a group of people, but a group of guys! I am not exaggerating in any way. But I shouldn't be scared; I have to face it. I have to believe that receiving feedback from experienced producers is a good thing. Is it going to be okay? If this is an opportunity that has been presented to me, I will gladly accept it.

 

I stayed behind when the class ended to speak with the professor.

“Park Jaerin.” The professor called.

“Yes, Sir.” I replied.

"I have to say, you have impressed me. I came across your name when we were deciding which student to accept and highly recommended you to other professors. I was hoping my choice was correct, so I specifically asked at the start of the lesson to put all of you, but you in particular, to the test. Indeed, you never let me down."

I was ecstatic. I never imagined a professor recommending me to others. I never imagined a professor recommending me to others. "Sir, thank you so much. I will undoubtedly give the project my all and prove that you were right in choosing me."

"All right, then, I'll give you a rough overview of the project. The end-of-year competition is actually quite small, compared to last year's. Despite the fact that this is a minor competition, I am hoping that you will give it your all. Your seniors will also be assisting you, as I previously stated. Part of the reason is that you're new, so I'm hoping they can help you out. Another reason is that I'm hoping they'll be able to open up a little more."

Open up? "What exactly do you mean, Sir?" I questioned.

"You see, I used to teach them last year. They rarely spend their time elsewhere because they are so passionate about writing music, with the exception of a futsal game every now and then. I'm not asking you to change their lifestyles; all I'm asking is that they relax a little. They are also having a competition this year. When the competition approaches, they will devote all of their thoughts to music and tend to ignore what is going on around them. I hope you can assist them during that time."

"How will I be of assistance?"

"You'll never know unless you give it a shot. Perhaps you can serve as an inspiration to them."

 

During break time, I sat on a bench beside the track field, under a tree. I recalled what the Professor had said before. "Perhaps you can serve as an inspiration to them." What exactly did he mean by that? By default, I'd have to see Seventeen twice a week, with the possibility of more if both parties agreed. The first meeting will take place in two days. Even just thinking about it makes me nervous. I sighed as I leaned back against the bench, my mind racing with thoughts. Someone shouted at that precise moment. "Watch out!" When I turned to face the voice, I noticed a ball flying towards me. I sat motionless, but luckily I was able to deflect the ball before it hit the bench and fell to the ground. Nonetheless, I was taken aback.

“Are you alright?” someone dashed up to me, concern in his voice. "You weren't hurt, were you?"

When I don't respond, the person gently pats my arm, bringing me back to reality. I let out a sigh. "I'm just a little taken aback..." I raised my head and gave the person a small smile.

"We are extremely sorry. We were playing a game and became overly excited, which caused the ball to fly." While scratching his head, the guy apologized. "I'm just relieved you're not hurt."

"Yes, don't worry," I assured him as I slowly stood up. I made a small bow and walked away from the field. It's far too risky to be in an area where I'm likely to become lost in my thoughts once more. I could hear the guy asking me to wait as I walked away. However, I simply broke into a small jog and bolted out of there as quickly as I could without showing that I was fleeing from him. But, of course, I know I failed because I appear to be running away.

After I was sure I was out of the guy's sight, I came to a halt and noticed a small crowd forming around the noticeboard. I approached it, hoping to catch a glimpse. My interest was piqued when I caught a glimpse of the poster. It was a poster for an extracurricular activity that students could join and earn extra academic points. Tomorrow in the afternoon, there will be an open house for it. It's great that I can stop by after my classes and I can't wait for it.