All alone

Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, as my mother's sleeping peacefully, I used all the information I have to look for Son Seungwan. I took a month leave, used all the excuses I can say so I can have my leave. 

First on the list... Kang Seulgi, I've met her before, funny how she's one of my mom's so called close-long-friend. 

When I got there, I saw that huge mansion, but it's quiet from the outside to the core of the house. The maid told me to wait, so i did obey. After a few minutes, she came down, walking from the stairs to me... Her smile fades when she saw me. "Joohwan?" she called my name, making sure it's really me. I smiled and nodded. 

"auntie... I have questions, I hope you can answer it" She gave me a smile. "About Son.. Son Seungwan" her smile fade away when she heard his name... Why? 

"Son Seungwan... The popular kid in highscool, the genius in Law school and your mother's first..." she looked at me before continuing "your mother's first love.. Boyfriend... Fiance" 

_Seulgi's POV_

I remember that day when Seungwan decided to live abroad... He tried to contact Irene and tell her about his plans.. The next thing he knows is that Irene already have a boyfriend. He smiled while walking away from their place. He didn't sob, cry tear up or even looked sad... He looked at the box he's holding and said "She experienced hard moments when she's with me.. I pity her so much... I hope that guy will make her life easier" he smiled kissing the box he's holding.

Since that day I've got courage to tell him till one night... While he's running to me, panting and heavy breathing, I'm supposed to tell him what I felt when suddenly his phone rang.. His facial expression changed, his face lightened and by that I knew, It's your mother. He looked at me and I didn't even bothered to stop him...

I thought you're gonna confess it all to him?

I thought about it on that exact seconds and one thing is clear in my mind.. He's still into her... "And that exact night.. He hopes to make everything right" I said inside my mind. She smiled "it's the most memorable moment for me with him..." her words confused me "because that exact time, I knew that I'm inlove with a worth loving man.. The only thing is, I'm not your mother and since then we've never seen each other again"

________

I have nothing to say to my mother so when I got home, I told her the truth about I tried to look for him and that I failed to find him.

After an hour of sitting in my mom's room, she suddenly breaks the silence. my mom smiled at me saying that "When I met your dad, I've never really thought I'd fall in love again, he's something that I wouldn't think, would look twice at me, something tells me that I'm noy worthy for another guy"....

my mom stopped talking, as if she's reminiscing something, something happy from her past that makes her smile, in front of me. "he is the best thing that ever came to me and you're the best thing that happened to my life" I smiled while her voice is slowly lowering its tone. I knew this is the moment where I have to let go of my mother... She asked me to leave the room and I can't help but to follow, as she asked me to remove the oxygen cause it's making her hard to breathe. As I leave her room... Every words tht she says is a dagger in me, why? Cause I know those words.. 'he' I know it's not my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter