Maybe Space is Needed

Heavenly Sin

The women were all sitting at the table in an awkward silence. Shuhua was the only one who was confused by it though. Soojin had seen Soyeon coming out of Yuqi’s room this morning and when she asked the Devil about it, Soyeon merely ignored her.

Yuqi on the other hand was still embarrassed by last night and this morning’s events. She was confused by what she was feeling, but more than that she was scared. She loved being with Soyeon like that and it scared her how much she wanted it again.

Sitting close to the Devil was not helping her either as she could feel Soyeon looking at her from time to time. It made Yuqi feel flustered. She could feel the slight tension between Soojin and Soyeon as well.

Well, Shuhua. Shuhua was just confused by the tension in the room. She still had no answers to the previous night, and it made her frustrated. Soyeon promised her Yuqi would be safe, but Soyeon would not be the only problem.

Shuhua was scared that Yuqi’s curiosity would get her involved in something she did understand. Shuhua loved her life, she did. But Yuqi would not be able to handle the banishment if she did fall into sin. There was something about Yuqi that the girl herself did not know.

When Shuhua had discovered the truth, she was sworn to secrecy, not by the Creator, but by their own friend. Minnie had begged Shuhua to keep it a secret and Shuhua understood the reason behind it. Still, the situation they were in was scaring Shuhua. She was worried with Soyeon and Yuqi being so close together, something would happen.
Shuhua was not too worried about Yuqi keeping her distance, until last night. When the two arrived at the apartment together. Yuqi asleep in Soyeon’s arms. And now with Soojin glaring at Soyeon, Shuhua had a feeling she missed something else.

Soojin adored Soyeon and looked up to her. Just as Soyeon loved Soojin and always took care of her, even when Soyeon acted cold or indifferent. So, if Soojin was upset with Soyeon she would be for a reason.

Shuhua had enough of the silence, she put her spoon down as se cleared , “What happened last night? Where did you guys go?”

Yuqi looked down slightly scared she was going to upset Shuhua. Just as she mustered up the courage to answer, Soyeon interrupted her.

“She went to keep an eye on her target. Making sure she doesn’t stray until we’ve come up with a compromise,” Soyeon said it nonchalantly while Shuhua looked at her as if inspecting if it is a lie.

Yuqi just nodded along, grateful Soyeon said something. When Shuhua and Soojin seemed distracted by their food Yuqi placed her hand on Soyeon’s knee and squeezed it lightly, thanking her silently.
Soyeon was surprised but when Yuqi tried to move her hand away she grabbed it. Intertwining their hands on her lap.

Soyeon smirked when Yuqi blushed a bright red as she tried to focus on her food. Soojin noticed the interaction between the two and looked at Soyeon with one brow raised. She could not believe this. Soyeon had promised Shuhua. Surely, she was not thinking of doing what Soojin was thinking. Soojin hoped that was not the case.

Shuhua cleared , “Anyway! Yuqi what do you want to do? Have you thought about it?”

“Not really,” Yuqi sighed, “I don’t know what to do. What if Chaeryoung does not want my help? She doesn’t deserve to keep living a loveless life.”

“You’ll figure it out. In the meantime, we should find another place to stay,” Shuhua suggested.

“I agree,” Soojin answered, she needed to speak to Soyeon privately and separate her from the angel.

Yuqi looked at them a bit shocked, “You can stay here. I don’t mind.”

“I know you don’t, but it may be better if we are not here. In case someone comes to check on you,” Shuhua replied almost desperate for Yuqi to see her reason.

Yuqi looked at the girl with confusion. Why was Shuhua so desperate to leave when they had just found one another? Yuqi still wanted to spend more time with her. The disappointment must have shown on her face because she felt Soyeon’s hand squeeze her own as a form of comfort.

Soyeon did not want to leave Yuqi’s apartment, but she could tell the two demons were hiding something. well, Shuhua at least, Soojin just seemed pissed at her. She could handle an angry Soojin, but she wanted to know what Shuhua was hiding.

“We will leave then,” Soyeon spoke as she still held the angel’s hand and rubbed her thumb over Yuqi’s, a silent way to let her know her decision was for a reason. Soyeon really did not want to leave the angel’s apartment, but that feeling of sadness that crept in let her know she needed some distance before she became fully attached. Not like she wasn’t already.

“We will freshen up then before we go,” Shuhua said as she grabbed Soojin’s hand and walked to their room, ruffling Yuqi’s hair as she walked past.

The angel glared at Shuhua as she fixed her hair with one hand. Soyeon just laughed from beside her. The Devil’s laugh reminded Yuqi they were still holding hands. She looked at Soyeon, who was leaning her head on her other hand while her elbow rested on the table. Looking at her with a smirk.

The Devil chuckled at Yuqi’s sheepish smile. The angel was obviously shy from the way Soyeon was looking at her. Soyeon enjoyed seeing the angel this way, she was adorable.

“Aren’t you supposed to get ready to go?” Yuqi asked with a pout.

Soyeon laughed at the pouting angel, “Are you upset I agreed to it?”

“No, it’s just-,” Yuqi sighed she did not know how to explain how she was feeling, “it’s nothing.”

Soyeon moved her chair closer to Yuqi and held her cheek in Soyeon’s hand, “Do not worry, darling, Shuhua will still be around there is a way to travel between Heaven and Hell, you know?”

“There is?” Yuqi was confused, she has never heard about this. even if there was a possibility, Yuqi was told if an angel travelled to Hell, they would be tainted.

“There is,” Soyeon confirmed, still holding her hand to the angel’s cheek.

“But it will taint me?” Yuqi was so confused by all she was learning from the Devil. Things she should have been taught in Heaven.

Soyeon laughed the angel, “No, it will not taint you. The first time Shuhua came was long before she fell.”

“But surely visiting Hell would be sinning?”

“No, darling,” Soyeon brought their linked hands up and kissed the back of Yuqi’s hand, “It is completely fine to visit. You will only be tainted if you truly sin, kissing or being with a demon for example.”

Yuqi’s eyes went wide as she looked at their linked hands that rested in Soyeon’s lap. Soyeon laughed at the angel’s reaction, “Not that kind of kiss Yuqi.”

“I have been with you guys though? And it seems that Shuhua and Soojin were together before she was tainted?” Yuqi asked confused.

Soyeon could not help but smile at the angel’s innocence, “Yuqi, being with a demon in a state of lust or desire.”

“Wh-, OH!” Yuqi blushed at what the Devil said.

Yuqi was embarrassed she did not understand before. Obviously, she knew about the lust that demons held but it was a sin for an angel to give in to the temptation. before marriage was a sin in the older days but it had been more accepted due to so many changes in the human world. Angels were not allowed to give in to lust, sure they could love, but nothing more.

That is why Shuhua and Yuqi were so rare. They were the products of heavenly beings who gave into the temptation. Their parents had been banished to Earth and died many years ago. Their souls forced to wonder without a place to go. They were not welcome in Heaven and they could not reach Hell.

Yuqi never wanted to suffer the same fate as her parents, which was why she did not try anything romantically in Heaven. She had never felt a strong enough connection with anyone there to even consider romantic feelings for anyway.

That was why these sudden rush of emotions for the Devil made her feel overwhelmed and scared. She never felt so strongly for someone before. They weren’t romantic feelings though, right? She just wanted the Devil to constantly be at her side, but as a friend, right?

Yuqi could not really make sense of it, but when she was with Soyeon she wanted nothing more than to stay there forever. It scared her, the thought that she needed to stay by Soyeon’s side. It was strange they had only known each other for a day. Perhaps space is what Yuqi needed.

Soyeon laughed at Yuqi’s blush, “I do not understand why it is such a sin in Heaven. It is how humans reproduce and have children. Angels should be given the same chance. I mean it is so unfair, the Creator had children, but he won’t allow the same for his people. Ridiculous.”

Yuqi looked at Soyeon surprised, “What? The Creator had children?”

“Of course, you did not know,” Soyeon sighed realizing Yuqi was still young and only a select few would know the reality of what the Creator hides from his precious people.

“The Creator has children?” Yuqi asked.

“Had children, I am afraid your savior is not as innocent as he claims to be, darling,” Soyeon replied.

“What happened to them?”

Soyeon smiled at the curious angel and moved to leave a light kiss on her forehead, “It is nothing for you to worry over, darling.”

Soyeon stood up while Yuqi was confused and looked at the demons that were leaving their room, “I suppose we will meet again, angel.”

Soyeon walked out of the apartment door and waited for the demons to follow. Shuhua walked over to Yuqi and hugged her goodbye promising to see her soon. Soojin merely gave her a tight-lipped smile as she watched the two friend’s bud their goodbyes.

“I love you; I will see you again soon alright?” Shuhua said to the angel.

Yuqi smiled at the two demons, “Of course, give me a warning though. I have a feeling Minnie-unnie may come after me soon.”

“Sure, see you soon.”

~~

Shuhua and Soojin left the apartment and met up with the Queen of Hell who was impatiently waiting outside for them. Together the three made their way to the rooftop before setting off to the place they had originally planned to stay, should the mission take longer than expected. When they arrived at the small, abandoned house just outside the city they gathered in the living room.

Soojin wasted no time as she looked at Soyeon, “Care to explain?”

Soyeon feigned ignorance, slightly annoyed by the demon, “explain what, dear?”

Soojin raised her brow knowing if she started an argument know she would be sent back to Hell with a click of the Queen’s fingers.

Shuhua interrupted the two’s glaring, “What happened last night and this morning? You two have been acting seriously weird?

Soyeon looked at Shuhua who was very confused, “It is nothing to worry over. How long do you think it will take your angel friend to realize she’s been sent into a trap or well a test?”

“What are you talking about? Shuhua asked as she took a seat.

“I am not an idiot, Yeh Shuhua. I know why you wanted to leave so desperately. You know the truth, don’t you?” Soyeon glared at Shuhua.

Shuhua shuffled uncomfortably in the chair, “I don’t know what you mean.”

Soyeon scoffed, “As if, your desperation to get me out of there explained it enough and judging by your friend’s confusion I would say she does not know the truth. You have kept it hidden from her, haven’t you?”

Shuhua looked at the Devil with sadness written in her features, “Only to protect her.”

“Protect her from what? From me?” Soyeon said all too calmly.

Shuhua did not know what to respond so she stayed silent.

“What the are you two even talking about?” Soojin asked glancing between the two, now she was the one that was confused.

“She’s the angel from the prophecy, isn’t she?” Soyeon asked Shuhua.

Soojin gasped in shock realizing the situation.

Shuhua looked down at her lap and nodded her head in confirmation, “She is.”

Seems Soyeon did not need to return to Hell at all for the truth about Song Yuqi, “Why did you not say anything when we were back in Hell? Is that why you made me promise not to harm her in anyway?!”
Shuhua just nodded her head again.

“I cannot believe you! You withheld the truth from me!” Soyeon yelled, “Since you have lied, I retract the promise I have made. That girl will be returning to Hell with me, Shuhua.”

Soyeon tried to leave the room, but Shuhua stepped in front of her before she could, “No! Please! You promised! She will not understand, and it will break her heart if she discovers the truth about her background. It is not all about the prophecy!”

Soyeon shook her head at the younger, “She will discover the truth sooner or later and lying to her will only make it harder when she discovers it herself because you know she will.”
“You don’t know that!” Shuhua tried to reason with Soyeon.

“It has already started Shuhua,” Soyeon said softly but loud enough for the other girls to hear.

Shuhua froze but before she could reply, Soyeon walked outside and flew off in the direction of the city. She was at a loss for words. This would end them all, if Yuqi had already started to show signs then they would be doomed. Heaven would fall and without the balance of good and bad, Earth would suffer the consequences.