The Plan pt.1

Heavenly Sin

The café was busier than Yuqi thought it would be at this time. Shouldn't all these people be at work? It was way before lunch time and the morning rush should already be long over. Yuqi sighed for the fifth time, she was tired. She barely got a wink of sleep the night before. Her mind was too occupied by what Soyeon said. Yuqi was confused, so many things don't make sense anymore. Soyeon had left her more confused than before and Yuqi didn't think that was possible. Yuqi placed her head on the table of the booth.

"Rough night?" an amused voice appeared.

Yuqi instantly recognized it, "I guess you could say that. You nearly done? I need to talk to you," Yuqi told the red-head who stood before seemingly ready to take her order.

Chaeryoung furrowed her brows at the angel, "What's going on?"

"I'll tell you when you get off."

Chaeryoung nodded, "I have about an hour left, want something while you wait?"

Yuqi groaned internally at the prospect of having to wait an hour longer, "Just some tea please?"

"Sure,: Chaeryoung smiled before disappearing behind the counter.

Yuqi closed her eyes for a moment before she felt it. It was the emotion of pure love being emitted from two people. Yuqi looked in the direction it was coming from. There stood a girl with bangs perfectly in place, she was laughing at something her friend said. Friend was perhaps the wrong word for what the two were feeling towards one another. The friend she was with had long brown hair and when she smiled, she gave the cutest gummy smile. It reminded Yuqi a bit of Soyeon's smile from the other night.

The girls were joking around carelessly as if no one else was around them. Pure love was all that came to Yuqi's mind. It was innocent and Yuqi held onto the aura for as long as she could, until the girls disappeared out the door and made their way down the street. She had been feeling darker auras in the city and to finally feel something pure was like she was taking a breath of fresh air. It was relieving to know that there was still innocence and pure love in humans.

Yuqi watched the clock on the wall tick away the minutes as she waited. She sipped quietly on her tea and observed the humans around her. Some were absorbed in studying or reading alone, while some sat in groups or pairs talking and joking around with their friends. Some held darker auras than their friends. Those who couldn't be saved or were following the wrong path, Yuqi guessed. Was it the wrong path?

Yuqi couldn't tell anymore if going to Hell was so bad. She knew those who had taken the side of the Devil would go through torture for as long as Soyeon decides, it could be decades to centuries, but after they were given a certain type of freedom angels were robbed of. Yuqi knew she wouldn't want to live through what darkened souls had to, but maybe they wouldn't be any happier as an angel. Some would probably prefer the outcome of being a demon. Either way, you were sentenced to a life you would never have imagined. Hell, and Heaven both had their downfalls, one was just slightly crueler than the other.

"Hey, I'm finishing up. Do you want to meet me out back?" Chaeryoung asked.

Yuqi could see she was exhausted. The paler energy that hung around her showed she was ready to drop any second. It worried Yuqi when she first saw it emitted from Chaeryoung when she watched her, but now she knew it was normal for her. It was unhealthy, but the girl was only doing what she had to, to get through life. She was doing her best to pay her rent and student fees. It was admirable, she worked hard, and her effort showed. Chaeryoung was a top student and if her lifeline was longer, shed probably have a job lined up for her as soon as she graduated.

Yuqi nodded her head and shuffled out of the seat she was in, "Yeah, I'll see you at the back."

Chaeryoung walked off and once again disappeared behind the doors leading to the kitchen. Yuqi took one more glance around the café before she walked out the door. She couldn't talk to Chaeryoung out in the open like this. There was too much exposure, and she might not be able to sense if someone's listening. She would have to go to that abandoned factory, it was probably the safest place right now. Yuqi walked to the alley behind the café, it brought back the memory from a few nights ago.

Soyeon and Yuqi had only known each other for a few hours, yet still Yuqi felt more comfortable with her than most of the angels shed grown up with. Soyeon's arms felt safe, even with the dark aura that surrounded her. Normally it would be suffocating for angels to be surrounded by that darkness, but for Yuqi she had never felt more at ease. Maybe it was because of the demon blood that ran through her veins? No other angel would be able to withstand it, so that must be the reason. Even Shuhua kept her distance from Soyeon, Yuqi had noticed.

Yuqi couldn't explain the effect Soyeon had on her or why she felt a connection to the Devil, but one thing Yuqi was sure of was that Soyeon knew. Soyeon understood why the connection was there and Yuqi wanted that information. She knew going to Hell could possibly awaken her demon side and once its awake, shell never be able to resist it again. That's what she was told anyway. She had to be careful and keep her emotions and any feelings in check to lessen the chance of that ever happening.

Soyeon was luring her into Hell and Yuqi wanted to know why they specifically had to go to Hell. Nowhere was safe to talk even Hell had its servants of the Creator, demons who wanted to be free from the Hellfire they lived in. they just didn't realise the freedom they would be giving up being in Heaven. Its not like the Creator would let them into Heaven anyway, he was giving them false hope.

Yuqi was starting to wake up to all the scheming that really happened behind the doors of leaders. But wasn't this scheming the kind that ended up being the downfall of men all throughout history? Humans in high positions tended to scheme and plot behind even an ally's back, and all it did for them was cause war and pain. Especially to the innocents who had to live with those leaders decisions.

Soyeon was taking her to Hell on purpose, Yuqi was sure of it. She didn't seem to care though. She wanted to see the other side shed been warned off from all her life. But she didn't want to risk losing her place in Heaven either. Yuqi didn't know what she should do, she was well aware the Creator was planning something, and it might hurt Shuhua or Soyeon if his plan carries through. The thought of it made her angry. There were so many confusing feelings that came with the new knowledge she had.

She needed to figure out what her role in all scheming was. She was tired of being oblivious to what was happing around her. Was this also a part of Minnie's warning to her before she left? There were too many incomplete parts in what shed been told, there was something more to all of this. Yuqi was sure of it.

"Hey? You gonna keep staring at that wall or..." Chaeryoung's voice scared Yuqi who had been lost in her thoughts.

Yuqi spun around as she placed her hand over her heart in fright, "No, I'm sorry I was just lost in thought."

Chaeryoung nodded still looking at Yuqi strangely, "What did you want to talk about?"

Yuqi walked closer to the worn-out girl, "Not here. Lets go somewhere else? Can you hold onto me?"

Chaeryoung seemed confused until realization struck when Yuqi checked the area around them and released her wings. Chaeryoung without another word stepped forward as Yuqi wrapped her hands around the girl to hold her in a tight grip. She really couldn't drop her on their way out of the city, that would be a disaster she wouldn't be able to explain to the Archangel council.

"You ready?" Yuqi asked the girl slightly trembling in her arms, Chaeryoung was definitely nervous.

Chaeryoung shut her eyes before she let out a soft, "Yes."

With that Yuqi flew up making sure she was not seen and scanned the area for any note of an angelic or demon presence. When she was sure their path was clear she flew as quickly as she could. She needed answers soon, but first she needed to fix the Chaeryoung situation. She really hoped Chaeryoung would agree otherwise Yuqi was screwed.

What Yuqi failed to see was the presence that followed behind them.