There's More to Her than I Thought

Heavenly Sin

Soyeon followed the little angel through the streets but kept a safe enough distance away from her, so she would not feel Soyeon's presence. Soyeon was surprised how the angel had lied so easily to her friend. Did she not think of the consequences? What would she say tomorrow when the Shuhua asked her what she was going to do? That was not any of Soyeon's business, but she did not want any problems caused while they were on earth. She had enough to deal with already.

Soyeon stopped when she saw the angel going into a club she had followed her target too. Soyeon smirked at the realization that the angel had never experienced the greed and desire of humans. This club was bound to be an issue for Yuqi and would probably make her leave once she felt the energy emitted from the partygoers. So Soyeon waited for the angel to exit the club.
When ten minutes had gone past, she started to feel worried, but she tried to ignore it, but when ten minutes turned into thirty, she felt concerned. She never felt so much emotion over anyone. After arguing internally, she made her way into the doors of the club. She walked straight to the bar ignoring the stares she received. Once she reached her destination, she closed her eyes and tried to feel the angel's energy and block all the disgusting thoughts and aura's the humans were emitting.

It took her a while to tune into the angelic aura. Once she felt it, she walked in the direction of Yuqi's energy. It led her to a small hallway leading to rooms that Soyeon knew were not used for innocent purposes. She continued to track the trail until it led her to the girl. There at the end of the hallway, stood Yuqi trying to push away a man towering over her. The girl seemed unstable and was slightly swaying. Soyeon moved towards them at a hurried pace to get the angel out of the man's arms. Soyeon could hear his worst desires. It disgusted her. She felt anger take over her as she pushed him away. The man quickly fell to the floor in his drunken state. Soyeon could not hear what he was saying through his slurring; she could not care less.

She turned to Yuqi to grab her hand before she noticed the angel's gaze was unfocused and she was unsteady on her feet. Soyeon gasped when it registered that the angel was drunk. What the hell happened in those thirty minutes? Soyeon grabbed the angel's hand and tried to lead her out of the club quickly. Yuqi made comments on their way out that Soyeon didn't fully understand. So, ignoring the angel, she just kept moving forward. When they had made their way out of the club, Soyeon led them to an abandoned alleyway to let the little angel sit down. Yuqi sat down very willingly and looked at Soyeon strangely.

"What the hell am I going to do with you?" Soyeon said more to herself than Yuqi. She couldn't take the girl home in this state.

Soyeon turned to Yuqi when she heard her giggle, "you followed me," Yuqi said it as more of a statement than a question, "I should have known the great Lilith would not have believed me." Yuqi was slightly swaying as she spoke.

"You can't lie to the Queen of hell," Soyeon replied.

"Of course, not how foolish of me. I thought I fooled you, Lilith."

"Soyeon."

"Huh?" Yuqi replied, confused. Her eye's trying to focus on the woman in front of her.

"My name is Soyeon. You keep referring to me as Lilith. That's what the humans call me."

"I- I never knew. Heaven would never let us learn your true name." Yuqi was too out of her right state of mind to fully comprehend that she knew the devil's birth name. Soyeon, pretty. Yuqi tried to shake her head at the thoughts going through her mind until they hit her.

"Oh, my word! Am I going to be tainted for this?" Yuqi was freaking out. Soyeon almost laughed at her state of worry but held it in.

"No, you will be just fine. I have a feeling it happened out of complete innocence, and you have not actually sinned." Soyeon told Yuqi, easing the angel's worries.

Yuqi sighed in relief, "thank goodness, I, I- don't think I could deal with that right now."

Yuqi realized it had gone quiet between the two of them, but it was not an awkward silence. Her mind still felt hazy, and she felt weightless, without any worries. But one thought kept taking over her mind since she'd seen Soyeon push the man in the hallway. The woman's eyes were unlike anything she had ever seen. Yuqi wanted to get a closer look. So, she stood and walked towards the woman who was puzzled by their sudden proximity. Yuqi did not stop even when the woman glared at the angel who was invading her space. Yuqi cupped Soyeon's cheeks and stared into her eyes which baffled Soyeon, who had no idea what was going on. She could not read angels the way she could humans. The angel had to be willing so, Yuqi's sudden actions had her completely confused.

Yuqi just stood there, staring into Soyeons eyes, searching to find the red she had seen in the hallway. But they were not; instead, her eyes were such a dark brown they were almost black. Yuqi found them incredibly memorizing. From a distance, her eyes appeared harsh, and her glare could surely kill, but up close, even with Soyeon glaring they were soft, Yuqi would call them angelic. At this moment, she could not fully understand how anyone could mistake her for the Devil. Yuqi could see the angel that was once there. Perhaps she did not fully understand. Did anyone understand the Devil? Maybe she should not have relied on what she learned in Heaven. Yuqi had moved closer, causing their noses to touch. Soyeon had not pushed her away just yet, so she did not move. The two stayed like that with the tips of their noses touching and their breaths mingling.

Soyeon knew the angel would not kiss her, so she looked into her eyes. She was adorable Soyeon already knew that but, the angel was also beautiful up close. She had no imperfections; that Soyeon could see. She felt no feeling of resentment towards the girl either. She felt curiosity and a slight worry for the innocent creature. Yuqi was in a world she did not fully understand. Soyeon knew the Heavens did not teach realistic aspects of what the angels will encounter on Earth. She supposes that is why so many more are starting to fall into Hell after reincarnating.

Soyeon was enjoying the proximity between the two. She did not understand why. She would have to put distance between them; she knew that. But she was also tempted to ruin the angel. She never would though, she made a promise to Shuhua, and she always kept her promises. Always.

Soyeon was about to gather up the courage to move the angel far from her until she heard Yuqi whisper, “your eyes, they were red earlier but now?” It sounded like a question Yuqi was asking herself.

Soyeon chuckled, her smile that Yuqi had not had the pleasure of seeing until now is beautiful. Her smile was like a beam of sunshine. The angel felt her heart quicken as her eyes trailed down to see her lips curled into a gummy smile showing off the most beautiful grin Yuqi had ever seen. She held her breath at the thoughts swirling around in her hazy mind.

"A part of being the Devil, darling,” Soyeon whispered to the girl as she curled her arms, which were laying flat at her sides until now, around Yuqi's waist.

Yuqi knew the right thing for her to do would be to remove herself from the situation immediately. To get herself out of whatever sin this could lead her to. But all she could do was move closer into the warmth that surrounded her. She could feel the powerful, dark energy that surrounded her, but it was strangely comforting. She leaned her forehead onto Soyeon’s and closed her eyes. Yuqi was still feeling the effects of the human drink she was given. The thoughts that she was thinking right now would cause any angel to blush profusely. Yuqi did not even realize she could think such thoughts.

Soyeon was still looking at the angel, who seemed to be at complete ease. The angel had closed her eyes, but Soyeon continued to look at her and admire her. Soyeon had a feeling she would not be able to get this close to the perfect angel again or any angel, for that matter. Soyeon was starting to have an idea as to why she was feeling so protective towards the angel. The leniency towards Yuqi, letting Yuqi touch her, was unusual. Usually, she would have set any angel or demon who had tried on fire long before they could reach her. She had to get her facts straight before she could do anything about it. But for now, she was going to enjoy the moment. She felt Yuqis's hands that were still cupping her face move to her shoulders. The angel moved her head to rest on her shoulder. Soyeon was just glad she was wearing heels, so they were at a similar height. Soyeon pulled Yuqi even closer to her and ran her fingers through her hair.

The two stood like that for what Soyeon assumed was ten minutes. She did not want to disturb the moment but, the two had to go home before the demons realized they were missing. Soyeon could see Yuqi was sobering up, based on the fact that she was no longer unsteady on her feet or swaying slightly. But she was tired, soyeon could feel the girl starting to doze off in their embrace. She moved her head a little bit to the side to see her face. Soyeon smiled at her before she shifted the angel slightly.

“Come on we have to go home. We can’t stay out here all night.” Soyeon said softly.

“Why not?” Yuqi replied lazily.

Soyeon snorted at that, “come on, let’s get moving.”

Yuqi just grimaced with her eyes still closed before she answered the Devil, “carry me.”

Soyeon was shocked at the angel’s behavior, “seriously?” She lifted one eyebrow at the angel, who seemed way too comfortable in her arms, considering they had only known each other for a day. Then again, Soyeon was also far too comfortable in this position.

Yuqi just smiled before she peeped one eye open and smiled at the Devil, who did not seem pleased with her response, “Please,” she said it sweetly, obviously trying to persuade Soyeon into it.

Soyeon sighed; they could not argue like this all night. It was already getting close to sunrise, and she could feel some disgusting energies emitting from drunkards making their way home far too close for her liking. So, without another word, Soyeon spread her wings. Then she made sure the area around them was all clear. So she would not be noticed by any humans on their way out of there. She placed her hand right hand under Yuqi’s knees, her other stayed pressed against her lower back before she lifted the angel and took off. She felt the angel press her face more into her neck to avoid the heavy wind she was feeling. Upon arriving on the roof of the apartment block, Soyeon realized the angel had fallen asleep. She did not let go of Yuqi but rather continued walking down to her apartment. As she reached the door, she saw it open, and standing in front of them was an extremely confused Shuhua. Soyeon merely shook her head at the girl as she made her way inside, silently telling her to keep quiet.

Soyeon walked forward to Yuqi’s room and laid her down on the bed. She proceeded to move towards the end of the bed to take the angel's shoes off and place them neatly by her cupboard. She then moved Yuqi under the blanket and tucked her in. She silently moved out of the room and closed the door behind her so the angel would not get woken up by the flurry of questions she was about to receive. But little did she know the angel was not asleep at all. Yuqi smiled to herself as she saw that she could lie to the Devil. Just not with words. She moved into a more comfortable position and fell asleep confused but excited by what had happened tonight.

Perhaps Soyeon was way more than she thought.