Hell

Heavenly Sin

Jeon Soyeon. Anyone who knew who she was would tremble just at the sound of her name. But they had hidden it from all of Heaven as well as erased it from human history. Angels and humans only knew her as Satan or her preferred name Lilith. Some even thought Satan was a man and Lilith was his lover who ruled Hell with him. Humans were always clueless and just created whatever story sounded best to attract the attention of people who would willingly listen to whatever praise they had for their so-called God while they put dirt on her name. They will never know how truly cruel their God could be.
She knew firsthand what it was like if you did not agree with The Creator. She knew how cruel the punishment could be. The Creator was sold as being a kind and generous ruler but only she knew it was a hoax. She never agreed with their way of ruling and when she spoke out and tried to give her opinion they damned her to rule over Hell. Although she was not sorry about it she was grateful. She no longer lived under the constrictions and stress of a perfect society. She was free to do as she pleases and she gave her followers the same freedom. Although not too much freedom they still had a job to do but she did not restrict them the way angels were restricted.

Soyeon was still a cruel leader and many were scared of her, she supposes it was because of her eyes. Just one glare from her could terrify even the bravest being. Most of the demons stayed clear from her except for the few higher demons she knew well and was close with. Soojin was the highest-ranking demon and was nearly always at her side although these days she was either off with her new lover or in her office with the fallen angel. Soyeon would rather Soojin be off with her lover ignoring her work than disturbing Soyeon while she was trying to work. You see this newly fallen angel was loud and annoying when the three were alone but whenever a demon would enter for business she would stand behind Soojin with a straight face that even Soyeon thought was quite scary for anyone who did not know the girl.

Soyeon was surprised by how willingly and easily the girl had become with Hell and how she adapted to the lifestyle as if she was always meant to be right there, with Soojin. Soojin was also not an ordinary demon, she was born with demon blood from a human mother who could not afford to feed her after she had lost her job. So instead she gave her to Soyeon since she knew that the ruler of Hell would keep her some sort of safe. Soojin's mom knew she could not support herself and the child and she cared for her too greatly to ever let her starve or abandon her to the wolves. She died a few years later from an illness that she could not stop and they thought her soul would go to Hell but they were wrong, she disappeared and no one knew what happened. Soyeon had an idea that it was The Creator's doing but she could never be too sure.

Sitting in her office she knew she would have to return to Earth soon to make sure all was going well but she had this strange feeling in her chest and she did not know why it wouldn't go away. She tried not to dwell on it too much though she didn't want any distractions before she went to Earth. She always hated it there, she didn't like being surrounded by so many humans and angels even though they did their best to avoid her scared that she could kill them. Which she could but she wouldn't. Not unless they bothered her first. She didn't enjoy taking angel souls as much as they thought she did, she would rather just avoid them and carry on with her job unless they interfere then she would not feel any sorrow as she watches them lose their souls and eventually fade away.

"Hey, are you ready for tomorrow?" Soyeon heard a soft voice from the small table in the corner of her office.

"Yes." It was straightforward and to the point, she didn't enjoy going into too much detail when Shuhua was there and Soojin knew it.

"We will be coming with you to ensure all goes smoothly," Soojin finally catches Soyeon's attention at those words and before she can protest she continues, "I have heard that a new angel will be on the mission and I will be there to help make sure she does not interfere. Ryujin informed me earlier that she is one of the most qualified newbies and is soon to be the youngest Archangel appointed since Shuhua. So it is not up for discussion we will be coming with you."

Soyeon knew she could not argue with that although she could finish the job by herself she still had a soft spot for Soojin and knew she was doing it to protect Soyeon.

"Alright, do you know the name of this angel?" Soyeon asked Soojin looking back down at the paperwork on her desk. God, she didn't realize how much paperwork she would have to do is the devil and all.

"Yes, her name is Song Yuqi." Soojin and Soyeon both turned their heads to the younger who stood behind Soojin when they heard her gasp at the name.

Soojin looked at Shuhua after noticing the recognition that flashed through her eyes as she looked at the name and picture in the file Ryujin had given her earlier that day. "Love, do you know this angel?" Soojin asked her softly, breaking Shuhua out of the trance she was in.

"Yes," Shuhua looked down. She seemed hesitant about answering Soojin so Soyeon spoke up hoping to see what the angel knew. "Who was she to you," Soyeon spoke from her seat with her attention fully settled on the pale beauty.

Shuhua looked up at her and looked at Soyeon with uncertainty. She was unsure what Soyeon's motives were and fallen or not it would always be her first instinct to protect Yuqi no matter what because although Yuqi was older Shuhua always took care of her and made sure she was safe and happy. She would risk it all to protect her she even considered repenting to stay with Yuqi but knew that Minnie and Miyeon would ensure she was safe. It was her final wish to them after all.

"She's my best friend, we were like sisters when I was still an angel." She saw Soyeon slowly nod her head. Shuhua knew she was planning something by the way Soyeon looked at her as if calculating something.

"Alright then, You will distract her while I steal the soul she is trying to save," Soyeon said it with such finality that any other demon would not dare to disagree with her but Shuhua knew better, she knew Soyeon was not as cruel as others thought and would not hurt her especially with Soojin in the room.

"No." Shuhua had a cold look in her eyes that not even Soojin had seen. Shuhua's protectiveness over this unknown angel was making Soojin feel jealousy which she did not think would be possible considering the love Shuhua showers her in daily and since she was the one who approached Soojin in the first place.

"What do you mean no?" Soyeon said calmly considering she did not like to be defied but she had a feeling this could turn ugly quickly if she did not watch her words. Whoever this angel was, she was important to Shuhua and Soyeon didn't think anyone other than Soojin could earn the fallen angel's affection. She could also the jealousy burning in Soojin's eyes and did not want to make the situation worse than it will probably be later when Soojin and Shuhua are alone.

Shuhua's cold gaze seems to falter as sadness creeps over her body. She slumps on the floor next to Soyeon's chair and takes her hand, to the surprise of both Soojin and Soyeon. Seeing that Shuhua had done her best to stay at least six feet from the Devil since she met her.

"Please unnie. She thinks I'm dead and I am ashamed of what she may think of me when she finds out the truth. She will be so disappointed in me. She will hate me forever." Tears fell down Shuhua's pale cheeks as she spoke until she felt a soft hand gently cup her face only to wipe the tears away. Looking into the softness of Soyeon's eyes she didn't understand how anyone could be terrified of her. "I understand that but if she is a true friend, angel or not, she will understand your reasons. No one could ever hate you Shuhua-ya." Soyeon finally spoke up before pulling the younger into a hug in a soft tone. Soojin was surprised as she had only heard when she was little and would cry for her mother until Soyeon would sing her a song to relax her.

Her jealousy forgotten Soojin smiled at the sight of the two most important people in her life cuddled into the Devil's chair while she helped calm the crying girl. Soyeon looked up at Soojin with the same soft look as Soojin joined their hug. As soon as the youngest had calmed she climbed out of the hug to look at Soyeon, "Ok, I will talk to her but Yuqi is clever she always has been. She will figure out I am a distraction at some point and will come after you so just be careful." Shuhua spoke to them seriously, "And please don't hurt her." Soyeon looked at her with a slight smile and a nod of her head, "You have my word."

Soojin and Shuhua knew Soyeon did not break her promises.