The Devil's Arms

Heavenly Sin

Soyeon was lying on the couch, staring at the ceiling. Her mind is full of the events over the last few hours. She tried to sleep, really she did, but every time she closed her eyes memories of a certain angel kept appearing. Her eyes, the way they had looked at her. Yuqi held no fear of being near her and it irritated her but, also made her feel a rush of excitement.

She had successfully dodged the questions the demons had thrown at her. It’s not like they could force it out of her anyway. So they just retreated to their designated room. She knew Shuhua would not let it slide, but she had no patience for the girl right now. She needed to get back to Hell. She was going to figure out just who Song Yuqi is.

Speaking of the girl, Soyeon could hear mumblings coming from her room. She figured the girl was just dreaming. she tried to ignore it, but it was getting harder. The girl was troubled by something. Soyeon stood from her makeshift bed on the couch and walked to the angel’s room. She entered quietly and walked softly towards the figure that was currently tossing and turning. She stood over Yuqi and saw the angel was mumbling something that Soyeon understood all too well. Impossible! She thought. There was no way, Yuqi could speak this language.

Soyeon was starting to suspect that she was right. She knew who Song Yuqi is, she just needed confirmation - which was currently back in Hell. The angel started to move more violently. Soyeon sat at the edge of the bed and placed her hand on the angel’s head. Yuqi’s temperature had risen. She shushed the angel as she her hair, as she had done earlier that night in the alleyway.

Yuqi started to calm down as she leaned into the hand that was comforting her. Soyeon was admiring the angel who was at ease. Soyeon continued to Yuqi’s hair, she tried to pull the blanket up to cover the angel. The covers had fallen off while she was dreaming. Her hand paused when she saw the angel’s disheveled clothes. Her dress from earlier had ridden up slightly exposing her long legs. Soyeon quickly covered them with the blanket to end her mind from traveling to places it shouldn’t go. She tried to detach herself from Yuqi, but as soon as she moved her hand away the angel whined in her sleep. She rolled towards Soyeon seeking the comfort the Devil was just providing her.

Soyeon sighed she was tired and she surely only had about four hours to get some sleep before the others would wake up. She froze when Yuqi’s eyes started to flutter open. The Devil did not move. She stayed with her hand in the other’s hair while Yuqi blinked up at her, obviously in surprise. The angel’s eyes went wide realizing the Devil really had been her hair.

Yuqi had thought she was dreaming until she blinked the sleep away and saw Soyeon’s stare directed at her. She was feeling restless earlier and nearly woke up from her nightmare until she felt a sudden calm wash over her. She had thought she was dreaming about the comforting touches she was receiving. But she had not been dreaming. Soyeon was there. She could see the slight panic in her eyes as she was about to move away. Before she could, Yuqi grabbed Soyeon’s hand.

Yuqi did not really know what she was doing. She had acted on instinct. She did not want Soyeon to leave and she did not understand it. The Devil had been plaguing her mind since she had first spoken to her. True, it had only been a day. Which is why she was confused. She did not know this woman. She was not friends with her or anything of the sort. But when Soyeon touched her she felt light. She felt as if all the burdens that had weighed her down were lifted by the Devil. I must be crazy. For Yuqi there was no other explanation for the feelings that had surfaced over the last few hours.

Soyeon was still looking at Yuqi, who was still holding onto her arm. The devil could tell Yuqi did not know what to say. She moved her arm out of Yuqi’s grip, ignoring the look of disappointment she received before she made her way to the other side of the bed. She could feel the stare of the angel and tried to ignore it, she lifted the covers and lay down. She turned to her side finally facing Yuqi with her left arm outstretched towards her. Yuqi was bewildered by the gesture and thought she was imagining it. Until the Devil spoke in a low tone that sent shivers down Yuqi’s spine.

“Come here, darling.”

Darling. This was the second time Soyeon had called Yuqi that. Yuqi tried to convince herself she did not enjoy it. She was lying to herself.

Yuqi moved towards Soyeon slowly lowering herself into the embrace. Still afraid this was just her imagination. When she felt Soyeons warmth surround her, she moved closer and accepted the embrace. Yuqi nuzzled into Soyeons neck, the Devil's chin resting atop her head. Yuqi sighed when she felt Soyeon’s hands run through her hair again. This was starting to become her favorite thing to do, cuddle up to Soyeon as she runs her fingers through Yuqi’s black hair.

“Thank you,” Yuqi whispered lazily as she drifted off to sleep.
Soyeon did not reply, but when Yuqi felt the light kiss on her head she smiled as she let herself be dragged into her dreams.

When Yuqi started to wake, she moved even closer to the warmth that surrounded her. Until she remembered just who was providing it. Her hazy mind cleared as she opened her eyes in shock to see that, yes, Soyeon had spent the night with her. Yuqi did not move afraid she would wake the Devil who was sleeping peacefully. She thought about the events over yesterday.

Oh gosh, the club. That was where it all started.

~Flashback~

Yuqi followed her target into a place that she recognized as a club. She was told to stay away from these places as they were filled with sin but, Yuqi had to finish this now. She followed the woman who had walked towards a serving station? Where she was given a drink. She moved closer, finding this the perfect opportunity to proceed.

Getting closer she realized Chaeryoung was looking right at her. Yuqi felt herself squirm under her eyes. She moved closer as Chaeryoung spoke.

“So, they sent you?”

Yuqi gaped at the woman in surprise, “w-what?”

Yuqi was beyond confused. Chaeryoung just laughed before she indicated something to the man behind the serving station.

“It’s good to see you again, Song. Although I wish it hadn’t been you. I cannot help you, I won’t be returning to heaven willingly anymore.”

Yuqi was dumbfounded. She should not know who Yuqi is. She should not even know any of the information she just spoke of. Yuqi’s mouth opened and closed like a fish. Chaeryoung laughed before she slid a glass towards her.

“Here, try this. It will ease your worries.”

Yuqi stared at the glass, “I don’t understand… How?”

“I learned from the last reincarnation, Yuqi. The Creator was keeping me from the one I love, and I did not even know. All my previous lives were lonely without her. Why do you think I keep dying so young?” Chaeryoung replied.

Yuqi looked at her, a sadness washing over her. How could she do this to Chaeryoung? A woman she had called a friend. She could not condemn her to another loveless life. But she also had to complete her mission. She was at a crossroads, she was so lost in her mind she did not fully register when she had brought the glass containing the bitter liquid to her lips. Chaeryoung laughed at Yuqi, as the angel’s face scrunched up at the awful taste. She pushed another one forward.

“Here, this one will taste better.”

Yuqi just nodded as she downed the drink again with Chaeryoung. Yuqi suddenly felt her mind clouding over, as her limbs became looser and her stomach felt warmer. Chaeryoung just laughed as she grabbed Yuqi’s hand leading her to where there was music playing. The angel saw all the movement around her blur as she tried to gain her focus. She moved out of Chaeryoung’s grip as she moved towards a quieter place. She leaned against the wall unsure of her surroundings as she tried to gain back her senses, she felt dizzy.

Just as she was starting to steady herself again she felt a disgusting aura surround her. She tried to push it away, but the person was persistent in whatever he was saying to her. She could not fully comprehend what he was saying in all the slurring. She felt relieved when someone had pushed him aside and she could breathe again.

She looked to see who her savior was. Lilith. It was Lilith, standing there in all her glory.
Yuqi’s mind was hazy but she swore she could see the Devil’s eyes turn a bright crimson red. She could feel the anger on Lilith but, was too out of it to be afraid of it. Lilith turned to Yuqi and her eyes widened in shock before she said something under her breath and grabbed Yuqi’s arm. The sudden, fast movement made Yuqi feel disorientated again as she tried to ask Lilith to slow down. The Devil just ignored her as she led the angel out of there.

When the two had gotten outside Yuqi was relieved and felt like she could breathe again. She felt even more relieved when Lilith led her to sit down on something Yuqi did not recognize. She just giggled as she thought about how stupid she was. Why would the great Satan believe her lies? The Queen of Hell. Yuqi should have known better.

~End of Flashback~

Yuqi felt herself blush from embarrassment as she further recalled what happened after. This was the second time she’d ended up in Soyeon’s arms. Soyeon. The woman had given her her birth name. something no other angel had the privilege to know. Not unless you were an elder. Yuqi looked at the woman closely. Not that she had to move any closer. Their faces were already in such proximity that Yuqi could feel the steady breaths from Soyeon.

Yuqi explored every part of the Devil’s face. From her incredibly sharp jawline to her short hair that fell on the pillow like a pitch-black halo around her head. Soyeon seemed so peaceful, less intimidating like this. Yuqi enjoyed seeing the older in such a state. She was sure no one else had the privilege previously.

“It’s considered rude to stare, you know,” Yuqi got a fright when Soyeon spoke.

Yuqi did not even know she was awake She saw a smirk grow on the Devil’s face. Soyeon was pleased she had caught the angel off-guard. Yuqi felt her cheeks blush from the embarrassment, she had been caught staring. Yuqi tried to move out of the Devil’s arms to hide her embarrassment. Just as she started to sit up, Soyeon’s arms around her tightened. Yuqi was surprised by her behavior and looked up at her. Only to see two sharp eyes, open, staring at her.

Soyeon was amused by the behavior of the angel. Just last night Yuqi had not let her leave her side, but this morning she was embarrassed. Soyeon just smirked at the large puppy eyes that were looking at her. She just closed her eyes and pulled the angel closer. She was enjoying the warmth. Soyeon can’t remember the last time she felt this peaceful. Her energy was as dark as they come, she had never gotten close to anyone. Except for Soojin, but even as a child the girl took a long time to get used to the amount of dark power Soyeon had. Soyeon did not even know how the angel could stand it.

Yuqi could obviously feel the darkness that emitted from the older, but she was not scared. That was what made her so appealing to Soyeon. She did not get attached to anyone or anything, except Soojin. She was the Devil’s only weakness. At least until now. Even the thought of separating from the angel was making Soyeon want to bring the whole of Heaven down. She pulled Yuqi even closer to her, frowning at the thought. She could feel Yuqi relax in her hold after being quite stiff from her shock. They were pressed together just as tightly as they were last night.