Heaven

Heavenly Sin

Yuqi had spent a better part of her days trying to follow the rules laid out for her and doing her best to not disrupt the heavenly balance. She wanted to make the Archangels proud of her for always being perfect and never making a mistake. But no one can be completely perfect so when she was away from prying eyes and in the comfort of her own home she would finally breathe and fall from her perfect posture she had held the whole day.

She only had two close friends who knew her for who she truly was: a curious, extremely loud, and clumsy heavenly being. Her friends were aware of her need to be perfect to impress the Archangels as well as The Creator, but they worried that she would lose her sense of freedom and fun-loving personality they had grown to love. Minnie who was close to Yuqi had been trying for years to convince her puppy-like friend that she did not have to be perfect to remain in the process of becoming an Archangel because that was not the way their creator had intended them to be.
All beings made mistakes whether they were human or angel but it was their ability to recognize their sin and repent that made them different from the demons they protected the humans from. Demons are a part of Hell and they were born from the souls who could not repent or committed a sin so disgraceful that not even The Creator could forgive them. Demons were no match for angels for their purity and strength of light made them invincible against them unless an angel allowed themselves to be tainted by the darkness which would irreversibly lead to their fall from heaven. There was only one demon from hell that could defeat them, she was the first to fall.

She was the first demon in Hell, the place constructed by The Creator to imprison the dark, soulless angel who no longer followed the rules made to keep them safe and keep humans on the right path. She disobeyed and so he made her ruler of the souls that could not be saved. Some referred to her as Satan and some Lilith but no one knew her true name, that was a secret only the Archangels and The Creator knew. Yuqi had learned all about her when she was younger and the stories of her wrath still terrified her to this day but she was also curious about what could make an angel defy the beautiful life they are given in Heaven but as curious as she was she would never seek the truth as she would not want to get into trouble. All of a sudden Yuqi heard a knock on her door and was already aware of who it might be.

"Come in, Minnie unnie!" she shouted loud enough so she would hear her. Only then she saw that Minnie was not alone but with her wife, Miyeon.

"I didn't know you were coming by today Miyeon unnie, I would have prepared some tea for us."

"Hey! You never prepare anything for me!" She heard Minnie shout with her lips formed into a pout.

Miyeon went to calm her wife down by giving her a reassuring kiss on the cheek while answering Yuqi with her innocent smile, "I just wanted to make sure you're doing well and getting prepared for your first mission. I know how nerve-wracking your first time in the human world as an angel can be, especially with demons lurking around." Miyeon's face soon turned into a small frown as she spoke.

"Don't worry, alright! I'm gonna be fine. Plus, Rose unnie will be there if anything goes wrong. We've been sent to the same city so I have an experienced angel around if I do find myself in trouble. I will contact you guys as soon as I am allowed to ok." Yuqi replied with a calm smile so she would not worry her unnies about how nervous she feels. She wanted to reassure them that she could finish her mission with no problems and be home in no time. She wanted to make them feel proud of her for how far she has come with preparing to become an Archangel.

Minnie looked at the sweet puppy with a small smile on her face, she knew the younger was trying to reassure them, especially Miyeon, that she could do this perfectly on her own. She wanted to show them how brave she can be. But Minnie also knew the dangers that lurked in the human world and those dangers were not only demons but humans had changed as time passed. They become more greedy and power-hungry, more human souls were entering hell and only higher angels were aware of the increase of influence that demons have had on humans over the past few centuries. Yuqi was still known to missions and was still studying and making her way up the ranks to become an Archangel but she was unaware of the danger in going to earth. But it was not just the disgraced humans that were a problem but the demons were trying to claim more souls and taint more angels. They had not been extremely successful in that mission but it was a danger to new angels who did not know how manipulative the demons could be.

The higher angels refused to tell the angels in the training of the dangers they faced on Earth as they thought it would only scare them unnecessarily but Minnie knew better. She did not agree with this decision of the Archangel council as she knew what it was like to lose a loved one to the darkness. Angels did not fall unless tainted to the point that they could not ask forgiveness and she watched one of her closest friends fall prey to the fate of a fallen. She was their youngest friend, Yuqi was unaware that Shuhua fell due to her love for a higher demon. No one knew, The Creator feared if they realized another angel had fallen then their society would turn to ruins but Minnie knew that was not true. She knew the Creator was embarrassed that they had not been able to make the stubborn angel repent leading to her fall that she so graciously accepted, as it meant she could stay with her lover for the rest of eternity. All Yuqi and the rest of the angels were told was that the naïve angel had accidentally crossed into demon territory when Satan had visited on Earth. Many stupidly believed this lie and grieved the young angel they all loved as she was always so boisterous and happy creating positive energy wherever she went.

"Just be careful, the human world is not the same as it once was. Demons aren't the only problems but the disgraced souls that have not passed through to hell yet. So just promise you will stay safe and contact us as soon as you can. Ok?" Yuqi had never witnessed Minnie with such a serious look on her face. So she promised that she would stay safe and keep in contact when she can. That was all she could do anyway. And as the couple left her home she looked outside into the fields of heaven where the sun was setting and she prayed for her safe travels tomorrow and to be given an easy mission so she could return as soon as possible. But while staring in the distance her thoughts also drifted off to Shuhua. She missed the younger so much, they were so close before and she understood her better than anyone even better than Minnie and Miyeon.

She missed her dearly and every day she prayed that she faced no pain when she had been killed but a part of Yuqi also knew that it couldn't have been an easy fight for Shuhua was one of the best she was on her way to be the youngest Archangel ever appointed. Shuhua was smart, smarter than anyone she knew. So how had she made such a stupid mistake? Trying to clear her mind of such thoughts Yuqi decided to make some tea before she went to bed. She wanted to sleep early so that she could get up early to prepare for her mission the next day.