It's Been Awhile

Heavenly Sin

Yuqi POV

"Hey, It's been a while."

Yuqi heard from behind her and she knew that voice. Gosh, she can't remember the last time she had heard it, but she knew it well. It was the same voice of the person that would be in her thoughts every day as she wished she could have said more to her before she had died. Before they told her she had died. They had told her the girl standing in front of her was dead. Her best friend, her sister who she had thought she lost was in front of her but she was not the same as before. No, now in place of beautiful pure white wings with slivers of silver running through it stood pitch-black wings with specks of white. Showing Yuqi that the girl was not only alive but she was no longer innocent she was tainted, she had fallen.

Yuqi didn't know what to say to her she was shocked, she could feel the tears surfacing.

"I know this must be a shock, you probably thought I was dead," Shuhua spoke while she could see her past friend putting her thoughts together.

"I thought you were dead," Yuqi eventually spoke so softly it was almost a whisper.

"They told me you were dead!" she said much louder this time almost angry.

"I know I figured The Creator wouldn't say much about what had happened. I mean Soyeon said that he would tell you all she killed me."

"What? Why did you never try to contact me afterward we all thought we had lost you! I thought I lost the person closest to me! I needed you and you weren't there anymore and I had to remind myself every day when I would check your room to wake you up that you weren't coming back!" tears streamed down Yuqi's face as she yelled at Shuhua, she had never felt this angry before. She didn't even know she could get this angry.

The younger was also surprised as she seemed lost for words. She had never seen Yuqi feel anything but happiness and joy, so to see her in this state showed her how much she had hurt her and she couldn't hold her tears anymore as she stuttered over her next words, "I'm s-sorry. I truly didn't t-think that y-you had be-been through so m-much. W-we thought you w-would be sur-surprised to see me but h-happy." She eventually got out but realized her mistake as soon as she said it.

Yuqi realized that Shuhua had said "We" and then it all clicked. Yuqi knew this was an important mission and she almost cursed when she realized why Shuhua had revealed why she was still alive. She was a distraction. She felt hurt that someone who she thought was her sister had not only lied to her but tried to trick her as well, just like any good demon. She immediately looked down at the café her target was currently leaving only to see two dark beings following her as the girl turned into a secluded alley.

Immediately without saying anything more to the younger Yuqi spread her wings and made her way down only to cut directly in front of the two demons blocking them from following the girl allowing her to get lost in a crowd on her way to work. The two demons were surprised by the angel that had cut in front of them as they had expected Shuhua to keep her for long. Yuqi was angry and saw red as she looked at the demons she was so lost in her anger she had not even realized the power that emitted from the shorter one as she seemed to get ready to fight them.

"Wait!" She heard Shuhua from behind her, " you don't want to do that Yuqi! You need to calm down, let's talk this out, ok?"

Yuqi shifted her attention to the girl who was walking towards her from behind the two demons. "About what? Huh! The fact that my best friend just tried to trick me so that you could help these demons! Or how about the fact that you never let me know you were alive! Gosh, I wondered for so long, how could an angel as great as you make such a stupid mistake to end up dead. Killed by Satan!" Yuqi shouted yet again. The darker beings were surprised by the anger in her voice. Then as if a switch had been flipped they saw as the angel fell to the ground sobbing.

Shuhua knew this would happen. There was no way an angel so happy could stay angry for this long. She slowly made her way to the angel and took her in her arms. Yuqi let the younger hold her because as angry as she was she also knew how much she had missed the only person who truly understood her. Yuqi and Shuhua were not normal angels like Minnie and Miyeon, they had not lived normal human lives they were born heavenly through angels who had fallen in love and sinned. The higher angels were harder on them because they were raised and grew up in heaven they were not given any reason to be anything but perfect. Minnie and Miyeon never truly understood that. Shuhua did but unlike Yuqi, Shuhua never tried to be completely perfect she was content with the way she was and knew that was the way The Creator had intended her to be, that was something Yuqi never understood.

The demons behind them felt as if they were intruding on this moment but they knew if any angels saw them then word would get back to Heaven and that would not be good for any of them.

"I hate to break this sweet reunion but we need to go somewhere more private to continue this otherwise your precious angel will receive a caning for associating herself with you Shuhua," Soyeon spoke up from behind Yuqi and Shuhua.

Yuqi had almost forgotten about the two demons but when she finally looked up at them with tears still running down her cheeks and the demons had to admit that being in front of them was adorable as she stood and let Shuhua wipe her cheeks. She nodded absentmindedly as she let Shuhua lead all of them to Yuqi's small apartment. Yuqi only really came to her senses fully when they had entered the apartment and Shuhua had closed the door behind them. Yuqi suddenly started to feel the power emitting from the short-haired demon from where she sat, she didn't know how a demon could emit such power. She could tell the demon next to her was a higher demon but even she didn't hold such power.

Only then did it click, no demon was this strong. The girl was not a demon at all. No, she was much more than that. She was Lilith, she was THE Devil.
Yuqi stood still in her tracks as the other demons seemed to rest their eyes on her. Shuhua knew Yuqi had realized who Soyeon was, Yuqi wasn't stupid after all. She knew Yuqi would figure it out as soon as she calmed down but she didn't expect what the angel said next.

Yuqi pointed her finger at Shuhua suddenly before she shouted, "Seriously Shuhua I let you go to earth so you could become an Archangel only for you to join the fallen AND start hanging out with LILITH! Seriously I thought I raised you better than that." Yuqi clicked her tongue at Shuhua as if waiting for an answer.

Yes, Shuhua was not expecting that.