Chapter 04

HIM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The days that followed their conversation were uncomfortable. Even though they have done flawless acting in front of the camera, everyone can pick there is a bit of tension between two. Min Ho and Hwan were doing their best to appear normal. It's not like something happened between them. Hwan, on the other hand, is still looking for answers to his questions, while older is trying to give him some space.

Their filming at the first site has come to an end. And everyone was given a week off before the next round of shooting began. As soon as the last scene wrapped, the director summoned the two main leads to his makeshift office. Minho and Hwan have quietly followed him.

“Minho-sshi, Hwan-sshi, please take seats first." Before disappearing into another room, the director gesture to them. They didn't have to wait long since the director reappeared, this time with one of his staff members delivering refreshing drinks for them.

“Did you want to talk to us, Mr.Choi?” Minho began after receiving the cup given to him by Hwan.

 

“yeah.” Before looking at the two, the director stated.

“Do you guys have a fight or something?”

Hearing the question, Hwan chokes on his coffee and coughs while Minho looks at him with an expressionless face before helping the younger man with patting his back and passing tissue.

“Nothing happened, Mr. Choi. Why did you ask?” Minho replied with a little frown.

Minho replied with a little frown.

“S-Sorry, Mr. Choi, I was taken aback by your question. Yes, he is right. Nothing happened.” After recovering from his coughing fit, Hwan added.

Director Choi sighed after a brief look between two actors.

“I'm not sure what happened between you two, and it's not for me to judge. But I and a few other staff members saw something unusual with you. I know you two met through this work, but your on-screen chemistry is amazing. However, I can sense the tension. -“

Hwan's jaw gaped at the director. And attempted to speak, but was cut off by the director's motion.

“- and I'm worried that if this continues much longer, we won't get your best. So, as the director, I'm hoping that whatever happened between you two will be settled over the break. Because I want you to be in your best condition for the next shooting.”

 

Hwan lowers his head in shame when he hears that. This happened as a result of his actions. Min Ho is also having problems because of him.

Looking at the younger, Min-ho turns to the director.

“I am sorry Mr. Choi. Don't worry, we'll be back in our best shape.” Minho said with a tentative smile before Hwan could respond. The younger actor nods and glances at the director.

“I am sorry, Mr. Choi. I'll take care of it.”

 

“It's OK. I understand how exhausting it is to work in this way. But that's what we do for a living. - Let's go. We should have done packing by now. Let's meet next week.” Director Choi stands and pats both of their shoulders.

 

 

 

 

 

~

Minho then departed the site with his manager, stating that he has a meeting about CF. However, the older did not forget to bid Hwan goodbye before departing. Hwan was left with his annoying manager, who was curious about the meeting with the director.

“Why are you so quiet, Hwannie?” What exactly happened? Did the director scold you?-”

“-Should I speak with director Choi?” -“

 

“Hyung, stop! You are so noisy!” Hwan whines. And that caused his manager to stop questioning him.

“Let's go, Hyung. I am really tired and miss my bed!” Hwan adds before his manager opens his mouth again.

“Okay, okay, your highness!” his manager responded teasingly, earning a scowl from the younger.

~

 

As soon as the young actor walked inside his flat, he went straight to his bedroom. While his manager and stylist dropped his belongings, he freshened up and changed into a pair of short and loose t-shirts. He jumps to his bed as his front door closes with a yell of good-byes. Good thing they got dinner on the way.

 

Hwan was startled awake by his ringing tune. He stretches his hand sleepily toward the nightstand drawer, picks up his phone, and answers it half-awake, not bothering to check the caller ID.

“H-hello,” he says, his voice hoarse with sleepiness.

"Are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter